Diddy Morgan

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

ive got a one sided d.j copy of the vontastics 1023 you can work it out ,it looks like a 2nd issue to me ,any info i can look at please on this label,ive got a mamie galore but tis different

not sure if there are re-issues of this, but it should have the address round the bottom of the label. ya mamie galore with the split coloured label is from the 200 series that followed on from Satellite label the latter St lawrence are all pink I think. I know Johnny Sayles "I Cant get enough" has re-issues and the difference is the lack of Chicago address round the bottom.

Pity ya got single sided demo, coz the tother side "Never let Your Love Grow Cold" is awesome imo

steve

Edited by Soul-Integrity
Social source share

not sure if there are re-issues of this, but it should have the address round the bottom of the label. ya mamie galore with the split coloured label is from the 200 series that followed on from Satalite label the latter St lawrence are all pink I think. I know Johnny Sayles "I Cant get enough" has re-issues and the difference is the lack of Chicago address round the bottom.

Pity ya got single sided demo, coz the tother side "Never let Your Love Grow Cold" is awesome imo

steve

Here is the >>> St Lawrence label at Hitsville Soul Club <<<

We haven't completed yet, I haven't seen a one sided DEMO for this,

but the previous number 1022 shows a One Sided DEMO.

Just been on PopSike.com

All show "Never let Your Love Grow Cold" side

4868447695.jpg

Not sure about this one, address missing but that could be the way the label has been cut out

as there is a hint of an address to the bottom right of the scan.

110265453839.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

agree wid ya Roger, got the address and all, also that 2nd scan of yours also appears to have the addy, tho as you say it seems cropped

steve

Yes, looks very nice that DEMO as I say first time I have seen a copy.

The St Lawrence label changed slightly throughout it's run.

Address just under the logo on the early numbers,

Address at the bottom of the label later numbers.

There is also the Styrene West Coast Pink Label if you can find them.

Social source share

Is the Burgess Gardner referred to on the label the jazz trumpeter ?

Cheers Paul

Id say one and the same Paul, Burgess's name turns up on so many class St Lawrence and other Chicago recordings He also had his own label "Down To Earth" think his son is following in his footsteps, tho on Trombone instead of trumpet.... unless theres 2 Burgess Gardners from chicago?

steve

Social source share

Yes, looks very nice that DEMO as I say first time I have seen a copy.

The St Lawrence label changed slightly throughout it's run.

Address just under the logo on the early numbers,

Address at the bottom of the label later numbers.

There is also the Styrene West Coast Pink Label if you can find them.

also plain white with blue writing label with no addy (an early one) Roger

steve

Social source share

ive got a one sided d.j copy of the vontastics 1023 you can work it out ,it looks like a 2nd issue to me ,any info i can look at please on this label,ive got a mamie galore but tis different

The Mamie Galore "It Ain't Necessary" should have the full publishing company details, Cragvee and Overcome on the left hand side, some just have Overcome and don't look right.

The Vontastics you describe seams ok to me. But like many labels its different rules for different releases!

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Id say one and the same Paul, Burgess's name turns up on so many class St Lawrence and other Chicago recordings He also had his own label "Down To Earth" think his son is following in his footsteps, tho on Trombone instead of trumpet.... unless theres 2 Burgess Gardners from chicago?

steve

There was a Burgess Gardner album on MCA C.1980, with an instrumental version of a track by Candy Edwards (Detroit). Is that the same guy?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert