Stars On 45 Northern Soul

Guest soulmaguk

Guest soulmaguk

I've come up with a novel idea, what about Northern Soul 'Stars On 45' montage, good idea? Y/N

Edited by soulmaguk
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soulmaguk

Not a lot of interest then! Stars on 45, known in some countries as Starsound, was a Dutch pop act, briefly very popular in the UK, Europe and the U.S. in the early 1980s. The band consisted of studio session musicians under the direction of Jaap Eggermont, (formerly of Golden Earring). They popularised the medley by recreating hit songs as faithfully as possible and stringing them together with a common tempo and relentless underlying drum track. The point was to provide a danceable disco record using familiar tunes.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Not a lot of interest then! Stars on 45, known in some countries as Starsound, was a Dutch pop act, briefly very popular in the UK, Europe and the U.S. in the early 1980s. The band consisted of studio session musicians under the direction of Jaap Eggermont, (formerly of Golden Earring). They popularised the medley by recreating hit songs as faithfully as possible and stringing them together with a common tempo and relentless underlying drum track. The point was to provide a danceable disco record using familiar tunes.

You're not serious surely. Those Stars on 45 were dreadful rubbish for weddings and Christmas parties, along with the Birdy Song and Agadoo. ph34r.gif

Social source share

Uptown Festival by Shalamar is the closest thing to a Northern "Stars on 45" - Mr Soussan had a hand in it - got a few plays at Wigan I think - wasn't it covered up as Motown by Commotion or Chaos - something like that.

You're mixing two tracks up there Epic, "Motown" by The Cammotions is a legit 60's stomper

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

You're not serious surely. Those Stars on 45 were dreadful rubbish for weddings and Christmas parties, along with the Birdy Song and Agadoo. :ohmy:

why not? just visualise it in your head, 'Stars on 45, keep on burning in your mind, we can twist and shout...blah...blah. then coming in would be Steve Karmen's Breakaway..'hey, like listen to me, for me its got to be a whole new scene....

Dont worry, its only a bit of fun, what i want is for some of you to create some refo's in the theme of stars on 45 and upload them here. I have half created one for a laugh, i will upload it when i get back from Newquay.

Jock.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Well i don't know if i like this. There was a Stevie Wonder one made and plus Diana Ross and the supremes was a megamix.

This is like DMC and mastermix who sit and make megamixes for DJ's to play i can imagine a lot of you hate them and don't understand why they are made but i don't have a problem with them if you a mobile disco and stick one on for a bit of Northern

there was the soul food stomper which had Bobby Garret - I Can't Get Away

Frank Wilson - Do I Love You

Darrell Banks - Angel Baby and

Larry Williams - A quiter Never Wins on a megamix

they did a few more Northern soul megamixes one which had following tracks on it

Tony Clarke - Landslide

Frankie Valli - You're Ready Now

Isley Brothers - Tell Me It's Just a Rumour Baby

Brainstorm - Lovin is Really My Game

Exciters - Reaching For the best

This is also another one made

Jackie Wilson - Uptight

Dobie Gray - Out on the floor

Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up

Frankie Valli - You're ready now

Wigans Ovation - skining in the snow

Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - Two Can Have a Party

there has been various motown megamixes and soul ones

Marvin Gaye and Kim Weston - It Takes Two

Social source share

Well i don't know if i like this. There was a Stevie Wonder one made and plus Diana Ross and the supremes was a megamix.

This is like DMC and mastermix who sit and make megamixes for DJ's to play i can imagine a lot of you hate them and don't understand why they are made but i don't have a problem with them if you a mobile disco and stick one on for a bit of Northern

there was the soul food stomper which had Bobby Garret - I Can't Get Away

Frank Wilson - Do I Love You

Darrell Banks - Angel Baby and

Larry Williams - A quiter Never Wins on a megamix

they did a few more Northern soul megamixes one which had following tracks on it

Tony Clarke - Landslide

Frankie Valli - You're Ready Now

Isley Brothers - Tell Me It's Just a Rumour Baby

Brainstorm - Lovin is Really My Game

Exciters - Reaching For the best

This is also another one made

Jackie Wilson - Uptight

Dobie Gray - Out on the floor

Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up

Frankie Valli - You're ready now

Wigans Ovation - skining in the snow

Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell - Two Can Have a Party