• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

ANYONE LIKE THIS GROUP??

LOVE FLASHBACK AND A FEW OTHERS

NE1 SEE THEM IN 60s ..NE GOOD???

Yes, remember "Flashback" seemed the dogs at the time but doesn't sound so good now?

Don't know too much else but I have a 70's ish version of "Better Use Your Head" by them which is passable (although maybe only because it's my all time favourite song). Always found them a bit, I don't know, light on the soul content perhaps? IMO only of course.

What would you recommend listening to?

John.

Edited by John Alden
Social source share

Train Keep Moving - incredible Northern dancer - and easier to find on British Liberty than it is on US Soul City. Which reminds me - I've got one of those on my sales list later this week - considering how hard it is to find I always think it's way too cheap at 25/35 quid. So I'll try 40 this time I think :lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

" Too Poor To Die" - the nuts!

Their first single on Bronco, as the Versatiles, is a good 'un, too...

...as is their (much later) Motown album with Lou Courtney on lead vocals on many tracks...

...actually I like pretty much all of their records except "Aquarius", now I come to think of it!

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Credible versions of California Soul and What Does it Take under thier belt, (although I don't think anyones ever done a bad version of either song :P:D )

Flip their "California Soul" for a great Beat Ballad "It'll Never Be The Same" Billy Davis in fine form! agree no one seems to do a bad version of "What Does It Take" and I particularly like 5th Dimension's take on it (managed to find that on a Mexican 45!) Another of theirs that does it for me is their Motown single "Slipping Into Something New" :ohmy:

steve

Social source share

" Too Poor To Die" - the nuts!

Their first single on Bronco, as the Versatiles, is a good 'un, too...

...as is their (much later) Motown album with Lou Courtney on lad vocals on many tracks...

...actually i like pretty much all of their records except "Aquarius", now I come to think of it!

The other side of "Aquarius" ("Dontcha hear me callin' to ya") is pretty good

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert