The Wildweeds - It Was Fun While It Lasted

Guest Gordon

Guest Gordon

I have a copy of this on silver chess. It used to get frequently played in the early 70s.

I never hear it now and I think it's a ready made record for a comeback for todays scene - anyone agree? Is it worth anything?

Cheers

Gordon

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have a copy of this on silver chess. It used to get frequently played in the early 70s.

I never hear it now and I think it's a ready made record for a comeback for todays scene - anyone agree? Is it worth anything?

Cheers

Gordon

Tenner,theres a better tune by em' tho !! mines just a normal chess,no

Social source share

Not as good as their other one on Chess.... 'Can't You See That I'm Lonely'

Tenner,theres a better tune by em' tho !! mines just a normal chess,no

Thats the one !!

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

'Can't You See' is a lovely lovely 45 - Very under-rated - Deserves more attention. Just done a quick ebay search and lists Al Anderson as a former guitarist for the Wildweeds - Looks like a right hippie/rocker. Any info on the group anyone?

Rich

Al Anderson went on to join one of the best US rock bands of the 70s, NRBQ. His later solo albums are great but, I suspect, would probably not be to the liking of at least 75% or Sourcers, unless you're all Georgia Satellites/Dan Baird fans.

The Wildweeds weren't really a soul band, they just made a couple of soulful sounding records is all. Their original version of "No Good To Cry" is nowhere near as good as that of Jimmy James and the Vagabonds or even that of Tobi legend...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert