The Beatles

Guest miff

I know its not soul, but, Just found an old flexible disc from the beatles fan club, The beatles Christmas Record. its only talking on it, I would only grade it as Good but it does play with pops and crackles. They carnt be many of these about, anybody got an Ideas

of a value or where I might get a value from.

Thanks In Advance

Social source share

• Replies 41
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi,

i sold a couple of these a few years back £40 each,

depends on weather they've got newsletters and picture sleeves,

if you have you could go to waterstones or similar and look in the latest record collectors guide,

usa and japan is usually a good place for these sort of items, so ebay is probably the best place to sell, put a decent reserve and hope for the best,

good luck,

joe.

Social source share

I know its not soul, but, Just found an old flexible disc from the beatles fan club, The beatles Christmas Record. its only talking on it, I would only grade it as Good but it does play with pops and crackles. They carnt be many of these about, anybody got an Ideas

Thanks In Advance

this is the first flexi disc they did for fan club

it should have a gatefold pic cover. mint price about £60-70

i'd stick it on ebay and see what happens.

Social source share

Thanks In Advance

Hi Miff

I have one of these, used to belong to my sister.

Another Beatles Christmas Record

December 18, 1964 (Lyntone LYN 757)

It did have a Picture sleeve & Insert when new.

• (However she let someone borrow her Albums, this was inside one of them.

• Sleeve & Insert Missing when returned.) :D

Quite collectible. There were a few different Christmas Singles during the 60's.

>>> The Beatles Christmas records <<<

Prices from Rare Record Price Guide 2008

1963 - Lyntone LYN 492 £75

1964 - Lyntone LYN 757 £35

1965 - Lyntone LYN 948 £40

1966 - Lyntone LYN 1145 £50

1967 - Lyntone LYN 1360 £60

1968 - Lyntone LYN 1743/4 £50 / £55

1969 - Lyntone LYN 1970/1-1L £50 / £55

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Never mind that, whaddabout best Beatles dancers.

I'll open with Good Morning, Good Morning from Sgt Peppers, even the animal noises can't ruin it.

Yes but the time sig,goes from fron 4/4. 12/8, there are more uneven bars than in... a place where the glasses keep falling off, that said I like it and Sounds Incorporated do a grand job.

Social source share

George Martin said he admired the way they could keep the bass on US recordings , he was A&R for Parlophone; as you all know was UK outlet for King in '62, the UK engineers would knock the bass down for fear of the vibration causing the needle to jump off the record, he tried to emulate this sound for early recordings especially the With The Beatles L.P. and "I Want To Hold Your Hand", by the time of "Got To Get You Into My Life" he'd gone back to compressing the sound, so Cliff Bennetts version is more "authentic" sounding at least by 1966 standards, Zoot Money, Jimmy James etc, I hope that makes some kind of sense?

Social source share

Didnt Mark Bicknalls dad drive for the Beatles and i,m sure Mark is something of a expert on Beatles stuff

or was it all that lager i use to drink with Mark at the Birch soul nites which had me imagining things like

Marks dad was famous ect ect :wacko:

He did and was quite a celebrity on the Beatles collectors circuit. He wrote a book on it.

No other Northern suggestions? Got To Get You Into My Life is the most obvious one, Day Tripper heads that way a bit, Otis liked it.

george harrison was a big soul fan and thanked Dave godin backstage at RSG for all his hard work for the cause.

Social source share

He did and was quite a celebrity on the Beatles collectors circuit. He wrote a book on it.

No other Northern suggestions? Got To Get You Into My Life is the most obvious one, Day Tripper heads that way a bit, Otis liked it.

george harrison was a big soul fan and thanked Dave godin backstage at RSG for all his hard work for the cause.

How about 'It's only a Northern song'? :thumbsup:

The Harvery Averne Dozen do a great version of 'The word' from Rubber Soul.

Tabs will have a blue fit if he see's this thread! :lol:

Social source share

I'll open with Good Morning, Good Morning from Sgt Peppers, even the animal noises can't ruin it.

Ady, I'll follow that up with Hold Me Tight from With The Beatles - has the makings of a stomper!

Social source share

Got good version By Roy Hamilton and also the Bobby Womack one

I like the one on Okeh,artistics or Vibrations forget who i'll find it in a mo. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Super60sounds

Ady - Never mind that, whaddabout best Beatles dancers.

'Money' with pitch increase as you probably know from LP - With The Beatles. 'Not a Second Time' is good also with some nice chord changes from same LP, if only they had used a sax instead of the piano....

Mucking about I played 'Money' to an empty room before anyone arrived at Cellar, sounded great loud with that abrasive Lennon vocal and probably could have played it later on but decided on Delilah - Major Lance instead from The Monkey Time !!!

Best Regards / Graham Powney

Social source share

I got a free CD from The Hind Soul night in Wellingborough last week entitled "Motown sings Beatles"

Tracklist is;

Get Back / Chris Clark

Got to get you into my life / The Four Tops

" " " " / Diana Ross & The Supremes

" " " " / Chris Clark

Can't buy me Love / The Supremes

Come Together / Glady's Knight and the Pips

Yesterday / Florence Ballard

" " " / Glady's Knight and the Pips

" " " / Smokey Robinson & the Miracles

" " " / The Supremes

We can work it out / Valerie Simpson

I want to hold your hand / The Supremes

Michelle / Jonah Jones

" " " / The Supremes

With a little Help from my Friends / The Undisputed Truth

" " " " " / Chris Clark

Hey Jude / Smokey Robinson & the Miracles

" " " / Diana Ross & The Supremes

" " " / Jnr Walker and the All Stars

I saw Him standing there / The Supremes

Come Together / Diana Ross

Let it Be / The Originals

The Long & Winding Road / Glady's Knight and the Pips

:excl:

Social source share

Guest rikerliker

AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sh**. f***. b***ss... i had four of these, thought they were empty sleeves didn't look inside. binned them a few weeks ago. i'm sulking now !!

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Diana Ross and the supremes released an LP of Beatles stuff and so on.

i loved Paul McCartney with Michael Jackson - The Girl Is Mine and Say Say Say

Social source share

I HOPE YOUR NOT NOT THINKING OF PLAYING THIS AT THE 100 CLUB!

I WILL HAVE TO BRING MY NEW HIPPY MATES OVER FROM IBIZA IF YOU ARE!

yes, the 100 could be the new Hacienda if the tunes and the gear are right ! :thumbup:

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert