The Shufflers

Have had in collection for a few years now,a nice mint copy of the Stafford fave on Crackerjack 4010 issue,and also issued as Jay and the Shufflers,just wondered what thoughts are on this track for today's nighter scene?

Was Stafford the last venue where this was regularly played out? also any thoughts on the tune overall,thought myself it to be a bit of a chugger!

Also any thoughts on value,demand and availability would be appreciated,ta,John. :rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yep love this. Though not a great dancer (imo) with the breaks, so not sure it'd be a dancefloor winner at a nighter.

Brilliant sound!!!! Played it out not so long ago.

As you say, also issued as "The Shufflers". Not sure of current prices buy expect to pay more for "Jay & The Shufflers"

Right, that's my music input, back to the Ian Levine thread.

Best,

John.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Have had in collection for a few years now,a nice mint copy of the Stafford fave on Crackerjack 4010 issue,and also issued as Jay and the Shufflers,just wondered what thoughts are on this track for today's nighter scene?

Was Stafford the last venue where this was regularly played out? also any thoughts on the tune overall,thought myself it to be a bit of a chugger!

Also any thoughts on value,demand and availability would be appreciated,ta,John. :thumbsup:

Top tune just play it nobody will be disappointed :D Price about £120 for a mint one IMO

Social source share

Great record.........if records like this were ignored because of (lack of??) dance floor appeal it would be a crime!!

That's why, on reflection, the Stafford period was so good.

If it reduces me to a quivering wreck, be it slow or fast, I can groove to it!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Also any thoughts on value,demand and availability would be appreciated,ta,John. :lol:

Mark Bicknall used to play it in his sets not so long ago with if my memory serves me right good dancefloor response, have a copy myself and wouldn,t part with it, could be one of those that disappear into peoples collections and become scarce, a scenario we,ve seen on many occasions, hence the debates on value.

Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert