Harrisons Hoist, Earby

• Replies 23
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone remember this niter? I went in 67 the one and only time I was 15. It was above a Butchers?

Julian Bentley went I know that.

Andy

Andy that is a godawful photo.

Get a grip man.

Put the electric fire one up instead or

the Anderton sevices snap.

Kegsy

Social source share

Andy that is a godawful photo.

Get a grip man.

Put the electric fire one up instead or

the Anderton sevices snap.

Kegsy

I'll scan the Electric fire one, I think Joanne Leech has the Anderton Services one sorry as it really is a Classic! :wub:

Social source share

Guest Modern Skip Tone

Anyone remember this niter? I went in 67 the one and only time I was 15. It was above a Butchers?

Andy

Andy, locals speak of this niter, Franny O'Brien and John Bollan (both Skipton old boys), featured on the strange world of northern soul. It later went up in flames........as well you know. PM me I have there phone numbers. Forget Julian Bentley.

Nick Harrison. :rolleyes: .

Social source share

Andy, locals speak of this niter, Franny O'Brien and John Bollan (both Skipton old boys), featured on the strange world of northern soul. It later went up in flames........as well you know. PM me I have there phone numbers. Forget Julian Bentley.

Nick Harrison. :rolleyes: .

What have I done wrong?

Social source share

Steve "Brad" Bradley was also a member, I've been talking to another member precisely abut this.

Is this Brad from Colne? - if so, used to see him alot around the clubs AND at Bradford Market's warehouse!! ( well, the big warehouse not the little one with all the individual 45S :D )

Julian

Social source share

Okay, do you remember recording soul on a cassette tape 1974 or am I on the wrong Andy Simpson?

Also have a newspaper clipping on a raid that took place at Harrisons Hoist in 1970, (its actually a photocopy.)

I used to do lots of cassettes so It's probably me!

Andy.

Social source share

Guest little_pat

Yo Dudes nice to see you all on here ,well andy an kegsy...howz it going guys an i see sue bushby is on here as well hi sue ....harrisons hoist everytime i went it got busted is it just me they were after or wot lol

little pat

see levines still sniffing around ..."i USED TO DJ AT THE WHEEL te he .BOLLOKS !!!!..perhaps he was in his nappies at the time .. lol

Social source share

• 6 months later...
Guest northern beats

Hei Andy - Harrisons Hoist All Nighter Earby 1967 - was it still Stax, Motown sounds being played or was it already breaking into up tempo Northern ?

I have been trying to workout where & when the first ever Northern Soul AllNighter was held, bearing in mind that the Twisted Wheel preceded Northern Soul.

Thanks - scobie :D:g:

Andy

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest little_pat

Hei Andy - Harrisons Hoist All Nighter Earby 1967 - was it still Stax, Motown sounds being played or was it already breaking into up tempo Northern ?

I have been trying to workout where & when the first ever Northern Soul AllNighter was held, bearing in mind that the Twisted Wheel preceded Northern Soul.

Thanks - scobie :D:unsure:

scobie mmm name sounds familliar not the scobie that married jackie f is it you andy and kev thot more would have joined this discussion i am suprised i am now in contact with my ole wheel mate jc on facebook havin a right ole chin wag ....bout old days in our yoof

little pat

smile.gif:(

Social source share

Guest little_pat

scobie mmm name sounds familliar not the scobie that married jackie f is it you andy and kev thot more would have joined this discussion i am suprised i am now in contact with my ole wheel mate jc on facebook havin a right ole chin wag ....bout old days in our yoof

little pat

:)wink.gif

na got wrong name scooby from l pool old timer mant many years ago from about 68/9 was scooby lol talkin to myself again am i antone ever hear of BAZ N MAXI from shrewsbury way met them in stafford about 1970 .../

pat :wave:

https://www.new.facebook.com/ext/share.php?...kHVx&ref=mf

Social source share

• 2 years later...
Guest Nick Harrison

Nick Harrison. :shades: .

What have I done wrong?

I Really don't know mate!

Andy.

Nothing ?

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest aricodave

Nick Harrison. :shades: .

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

I would love to contact Franny and his Sister who were friends year's ago if you can help I would appreciate.

Job done - Dave :thumbup: .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert