Charles Holiday - Don't Lie - Playboy Record Co 752

Frankie Karl - You Should Have Held On - Phill Town 859

Marshall, Donovan, Broomfield - Since I Found My Baby - Augusta Records 306

Perfections - Can This Be Real c/w Till I get Home - Calgar 235

Linda Griner - Good-By Cruel Love c/w Envious - Motown promo 207

Bernard Smith - Never Gonna Let You Go - Spectrum 326

Blue Jays - (it depends on the ) Point of View - Jay 802

Candy and the Kisses - The 81 - Cameo Parkway demo 81

Arin Demain - Silent Treatment c/w You Don't Have To Cry Anymore - Blue Star promo 1002

Standards Of Living - Cup Up c/w Cut Up Mr. Kool - Pacific Records 500

Toni Basil - Breakaway - A&M promo 314

Steve Mancha - Friday Night - Grooves Ville 256

Epitome of Sound - You Don't Love Me c/w Where Were You - Sandbag promo 194

Danny Owens - I Can't Be A Fool For You - Manhattan 584

Paragons - Con Me c/w Oh Lovin' You - Buddah 180

Eddie Holman - I Surrender c/w I Love You - Action 96

Supremes - He's All I Got c/w Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart - Tamla Motown demo 257

Rich

Social source share

Bearing in mind the few copies around in DJ hands (Mick H, Martin, myself and maybe only a few others) the price on Charles Holiday really was a very good price. The Blue Jays, well :rolleyes: I sold mine two years ago for significantly less in mint condition. Not to mention the very first copy I sold 1995 :lol:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Pretty much bang on for most of them i would of thought?

If I was selling the Linda Griner or the Blue Jays, those would be the minimum I would want, without John's cut.

Same for most of them, agreed.

Social source share

Bearing in mind the few copies around in DJ hands (Mick H, Martin, myself and maybe only a few others) the price on Charles Holiday really was a very good price. The Blue Jays, well :lol: I sold mine two years ago for significantly less in mint condition. Not to mention the very first copy I sold 1995 :lol:

me too marc sold a copy in the early eighties, wont tell how much for but it was between £19 & £21 :wub::lol:

Social source share

me too marc sold a copy in the early eighties, wont tell how much for but it was between £19 & £21 :wub::lol:

That Marshall, Donovan and Broomfield was quite cheap, if someone's got a copy for sale at the same price, send me a PM.

Quite funny to see "The 81" going for 81£ :lol:

Social source share

Dave Flynn had a Charles Holiday for sale just before Cleggy for £750...Tim has/had one on auction....someone had one for sale on here a while back (Stromberg maybe?)

Mental slice of crossover magic. Would love one.

The Artus Satterfield is a pile of poop though isn't it. He sounds like he has been drinking from the same bottle as the Reverend George Morton.

Edited by mulf
Social source share

Guest posstot

19.57 and a half ? :lol: .....come ontell us and stop messin about!!

Social source share

Dave Flynn had a Charles Holiday for sale just before Cleggy for £750...Tim has/had one on auction....someone had one for sale on here a while back (Stromberg maybe?)

Mental slice of crossover magic. Would love one.

Steve Green (Cenco) I think it was who had one on here for sale. Each to their own, does little for me, average at best IMO.

Social source share

[Paragons - Con Me c/w Oh Lovin' You - Buddah 180

===========

i cant believe this sells for so much

i got a handsome trade for this last year from john but its dear on the issue with 'con me'

im sorry but i just dont GET it...soulful but overall a dreary ballad imo

normal demos are £10 and the dancing side oh loving you is a great dancer !

all down to taste i suppose..

Social source share

If I was selling the Linda Griner or the Blue Jays, those would be the minimum I would want, without John's cut.

Same for most of them, agreed.

"DEPENDS ON YOUR POINT OF VIEW" :lol:

LINDA GRINER -ISSUE v DEMO

Always assumed issue was harder than demo ,yeah or nay???

Not including yellow copies or "cruel world"copies of course :thumbsup:

Social source share

blue jays used to go 4 20 - 25 quid mid 1980s saw them quite often

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So did many other present day big money 45,s 20 odd yrs ago.. :lol:

Just go back less than 10 yrs i sold Ray Agee losing again to John Phillips £600, George Pepp £600 to Brian Murray in Scotland along with some very tasty rare 70,s bits that bring major money these days

Jackie Beavers--Need my baby £500 to Cliff Camfield all in ex cond and many many more

Huge rare 45,s that demand £0000,s these days for between £200--500 to

people like Steve Chadwick ect ect once collecters starting using the Internet

it put everyone in touch with each other worldwide collecters wanting the same 45s

pushed the price up when it became apparent many of these rare soul 45,s where much

rarer than people realised and many of the rarer bits where here in the UK :thumbsup:

Regards Ian Cunliffe

Social source share

I know the feeling Ian , in 1991 i sold ray agee £400 , chuck holiday £275 , al williams (wd) £400 ,george lemons £300, joseph moore £250 betty wilson £100 , royal robins £200 , districts £70 william cummings 175 ,jackie beavers 300,larry clinton 400 ,yvonne vernee 350 jimmy burns 400 Del-larks 500 Tommy ridgely 400 etc + 100s more things like wade flemons- jeanette£5 crown four £5 Ty karim lighten up £10 although i did get 2k for don gardner and 1k lester tipton . thought prices had peaked then :thumbsup:

think the main beneficiarys where messrs Watt , Brown and Spencer

Edited by tony parker
Social source share

I know the feeling Ian , in 1991 i sold ray agee £400 , chuck holiday £275 , al williams (wd) £400 ,george lemons £300, joseph moore £250 betty wilson £100 , royal robins £200 , districts £70 william cummings 175 ,jackie beavers 300,larry clinton 400 ,yvonne vernee 350 jimmy burns 400 Del-larks 500 Tommy ridgely 400 etc + 100s more things like wade flemons- jeanette£5 crown four £5 Ty karim lighten up £10 although i did get 2k for don gardner and 1k lester tipton . thought prices had peaked then :thumbsup:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember Dickie Watt buyin some nice things off u Tony..Great pity u have,nt got them now

You could have got John Manship to auction them for you and bought a house with the cash :unsure:

Social source share

You can sell the records Ian, but you freaking out on stage with Major Lance is priceless, "Slow down, man!"

===============================================================================

Brother slow down :ohmy::thumbsup:

I wanna make up before i break up..danced at 250 bpm my god those Filon sure got yer feet movin :D

Social source share

I know the feeling Ian , in 1991 i sold ray agee £400 , chuck holiday £275 , al williams (wd) £400 ,george lemons £300, joseph moore £250 betty wilson £100 , royal robins £200 , districts £70 william cummings 175 ,jackie beavers 300,larry clinton 400 ,yvonne vernee 350 jimmy burns 400 Del-larks 500 Tommy ridgely 400 etc + 100s more things like wade flemons- jeanette£5 crown four £5 Ty karim lighten up £10 although i did get 2k for don gardner and 1k lester tipton . thought prices had peaked then :D

I bet you got them all for 7s/6p :thumbsup: off a market stall.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Pretty much bang on for most of them i would of thought?

Perfections value a bit of a (pleasant) shock to me. Much prefer the other side though.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert