Venecia Wilson

Guest DIRTY

Venecia Wilson - This time I'm Lovin You on Tip Top.

Just found one of these - it looks new though, has this been reissued / bootlegged recently?

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Chris

Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just found one of these - it looks new though, has this been reissued / bootlegged recently?

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Chris

It is new, it was only released about 5 years ago.

Simon

Social source share

Any help appreciated.

Many thanks,

Chris

One of Levines Frankensteins laugh.gif

Social source share

Originally an instrumental by Peter Hamilton Generation, Hey Girl on Jamie.

It is, but the way it's been chopped up and reassembled to make a new record is very very clever in my opinion. I know you can do it all on computers but you still have to have an ear for it.

Social source share

Very, very good.....................better than lot stuff that gets played today or even way back when.

8 hrs X 60 = 480 divided by 2.5 gives you 192 record to play at an allnighter for me to hear this record played that many times would drive me bonkers.

Diversity is the spice of life or so I hear.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

It is, but the way it's been chopped up and reassembled to make a new record is very very clever in my opinion. I know you can do it all on computers but you still have to have an ear for it.

I am afraid I've always thought it borrows too heavily from "Downtown" - but don't tell Ian or I'll be in trouble.

Social source share

I am afraid I've always thought it borrows too heavily from "Downtown" - but don't tell Ian or I'll be in trouble.

It does - so does the original - in fact the original was not only covered up as "Clouds" (think thats right) but also as "Downtown Generation"

Social source share

OK well it might be sung by a skinny white girl but in my opinion, this is as good a record as any that I've ever heard, I mean that - it's got absolutely everything

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

Thanks for that everyone.

I knew absolutely nothing about it..

I dont think it's too bad, though not my cuppa tea I must say... :rolleyes:

Now, to get the debate raging: is it worth anything?

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Thanks for that everyone.

I knew absolutely nothing about it..

I dont think it's too bad, though not my cuppa tea I must say... :rolleyes:

Now, to get the debate raging: is it worth anything?

:rolleyes:

It's not worth anything because it's still available, though one day the copies will have all run out

Social source share

It does - so does the original - in fact the original was not only covered up as "Clouds" (think thats right) but also as "Downtown Generation"

It was covered up as Clouds in tribute to Richard Searlings favourite all nighter off that time (even over Wigan) Clouds in Edinburgh, that was only reason for that.

Never heard the Venecia Wilson, anyone got a soundclip or is it in Refosoul?

Sure they Fuzzy Faced Fake will have it in his massed collection, as he was obviously there when this story was broke or he would not have commented.

Social source share

It was covered up as Clouds in tribute to Richard Searlings favourite all nighter off that time (even over Wigan) Clouds in Edinburgh, that was only reason for that.

Never heard the Venecia Wilson, anyone got a soundclip or is it in Refosoul?

Sure they Fuzzy Faced Fake will have it in his massed collection, as he was obviously there when this story was broke or he would not have commented.

1) the whole clip is above

2) who is the fuzzy faced fake

3) can you let me know if I actually sent you any of the correct records Jock :rolleyes:

Social source share

1) the whole clip is above

2) who is the fuzzy faced fake

3) can you let me know if I actually sent you any of the correct records Jock :rolleyes:

(1) Assume its a you tube clip, cant see them at work, will get to it when I get home.

(2) Just a recurring nightmare I am having, like most bad dreams it will go away soon.

(3) You sent me all the right records, just missed the 2 I mentioned.

Sorry I didn't reply last night, I was crying through my beer at my football teams most embarassing capitulations for some time!

Social source share

I don't know much about this, but giving everybody the benefit of the doubt, is this a Legal collaboration between Boston's "Little Joe Cook" who I assume owns the "Top Top" label, Philadelphia's "Frank Lipsius" who I assume owns the backing music, and Ian Levine who created the finished work?

Des Parker

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I don't like it either, just leaves me cold and i can't get Petula out of my head when i hear it. Nothing against Levine either because i really like 'Wrong Side Of Town'.

Pete how can you like Venecia Wilson but not like Joanne Touchstone... :rolleyes:

Social source share

i agree with you pete brilliant track on first hearing it i thought it was taking me back to a certain place and time in the sixties,not knowing it was an eighties release. if he did em all like this i'd have no probs listening to a whole lp. but the drum loop on most of the stuff drives me mad.

kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert