Soul Police - The Charge Sheet

I know neither of the above Jocko neither Am I as bothered as you might think about knowing them...I was a rostered DJ and played where I was put...as far as David and Roger were concerned I warmed up for them in SOAK in the corn exchange in Leeds as a favour as I was a friend of a friend of the promoter Tony Hannon

Kenny Dope was more recent in Sankeys here in Manchester...I worked for Fat City Records for a few years and Djed the circuit regularly.

Wow you were doing them a favour by warming up, you must be king after all, did you ask them to warm up for you as a favour in return. Did you meet Mr Sanchez's (I don't feel I know him well enought to call him Roger) Italian woman, strange woman no, weren't you surprised he was straight.

Are you saying you warmed up in Sankeys recently? That is impressive.

Do you still speak to Mike Stephens from Fat City?

Social source share

• Replies 240
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

To be honest Im sitting here wondering why Im getting involved in all of this again.............but as I see it, certain issues on the NS scene are a matter of courtesy & tradition, yes, we should all question & push the boundaries, but as one of the only people to come out of the 'Police Box' on this thread, I dont see some of our traditions 'as the law' but just a guide line as how to conduct your self as a Promoter/DJ/Collector or punter, on the whole these have occured naturally almost, as a way of 'self policing'.........other wise we would have no ethical frame work or code as to what is excepted behaviour etc.....................f**k me, what am I on about :lol: ..........almost make it sound like a 'secret society' :rolleyes: .........eeeeerrrrrrmmmmmmmm maybe we were once upon a time.

Russ

I dont think you are the only one, Steve W said it spot on and I agreed, you either get it or you dont. People take it as an offence that but the structure and ethos has been around long before us mate, whether it will be here for much longer than us is a moot point.

Okay enough fun, off to work.

Social source share

All got a bit personal hasn't it officers? :rolleyes: Thought this thread was ment to be a bit of a laugh? :lol:

Your right Kylee...I'm not going to let the minority of miserys on here spoil my sunny nature...No more negative posts from me....i'll just let them get on with it... biggrin.gif

Social source share

I think I am a fully paid up, card carrying member of the 'Soul Police' :lol: ............because I beleive in trying to do the 'right thing'. Some people use the phrase to ridicule those that speak out about certain things on the NS scene that they disagree with...........as with everything there are extremes, but if trying to do your best to promote & enjoy the music we love in the traditional manner, these traditions having been passed down through the years & is generally excepted as being the norm & the correct etiquette is being a Soul Copper then........ allo, allo, allo.............. instead of seeing it as a slur I wear my constabulary badge with honour :D:wicked: !!!!!!!!!!!!.

Russ

I think this is the best sum up of what the scene is all about. Yes, Etiquette. That word will do for me. :rolleyes: #

Russ, good talking to you in the small room on saturday at Berkeley. They all looked originals to me!!

I was off duty but stilll had my warrant card with me laugh.gif

Hope I not put too many smileys in this post.

Social source share

I think this is the best sum up of what the scene is all about. Yes, Etiquette. That word will do for me. :rolleyes: #

Russ, good talking to you in the small room on saturday at Berkeley. They all looked originals to me!!

I was off duty but stilll had my warrant card with me :wicked:

Hope I not put too many smileys in this post.

:lol:thumbup.gif:D

Russ

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

I think most of us know who they are that plays Boots. I think it devalues a venue especially as what happened to me at the weekend. I was Dj'ing earlier in the evening and someone came on at a prime spot playing Bootlegs, whilst I had most of the originals in my box that he was playing. Worst of all he was playing as though he was the top man. He fooled no one but do not think any of the promoters at that gig will be inviting him to one of their venues. Not this one anyway.

Why did the originals STAY in your box? :D If you had played them earlier then he wouldn't have had anything to spin????? :rolleyes: WHO WAS HE!!!! shades.gif Name & shame him if it matters so much! :lol:

Social source share

Mike

Would this record not have packed the floor if it had been on its original format............or are we saying, that said tune packed the floor because it was a re-issue/boot what ever :rolleyes: ..............its not the record, its the format.

Russ

hi Russ. what i am saying basically is that for the most part the punters are not that bothered if it is a boot or not. I played all orig and one re-issue and it was the re-issue of a great track that had the dancefloor the busiest. no one said, "'Im not dancing to this, it's a re-issue". for sure i would love to have the orig but what i have is a legal re-issue.

i was asked about this thread on another site and this is my honest response:

... in all the years that i attended events on fortnighly, sometimes weekly basis, travelling hundreds of miles to listen to the music i love, it never crossed my mind to think about whether the record being played was an orig or boot. I was there for the love of the music, the atmosphere and most of all the dancing to the music i love - losing myself in that music that just drives right into the core of a person, very often making the hairs on the back of the neck stand on end and the tingles along the spine as the intro to an awsome track comes blaring out of the speakers. even the best drugs couldn't match that feeling finger002.gif

it was never my intention to be any sort of DJ however, because i bought lots of records for my own personal pleasure i was asked to play at local gigs where the orig / boot debate was never an issue. My 'personal' collection grew and I was asked more and more to play - not big time or regularly but I did a fair few gigs and had the privalige of DJ'ing at an all-dayer in southampton. Still the issue of orig / boot did not raise its head. And I hope this does not sound big-headed but I always had the floor packed - none of the attendees raised the issue that some boots had been played.

due to personal reasons i was off of the scene altogether for about 10 years although the passion for the music never left me. now I no longer do the travelling or attend many events but what i have noticed is that the politics seem to be at the forefront of the scene and it has dampened the enthusiasm i once had for the scene as a whole.

i am still passionate about the music and still buy records (original / boots / carvers) for my own personal pleasure. if i am fortunate enough to be asked to play at an event, the records i play are dictated by the promoter i.e. OVO or play what you like.

my own personal view about other DJ's and what they play is this:

play anything you like as long as it's soul - i will enjoy and dance* to orig / boot / carver - if i am at an event i am there for the music, period!

*if my back allows rofl2.gif

p.s. if a DJ has an orig in his box and i have a boot - the owner of the orig has priority in playing it - that is common courtesy.

i have one particular fantastic record on a boot but will not post it on the threads that i have been putting youtube clips on. and the reason for that is a local (ish) DJ is attempting to buy it in orig format and it may spoil his first spin of it if it is posted on here. common courtesy i can adhere to - Soul Policing i have some difficulties with.

on the whole, i do not disagree with anyone who says orig only at any event. i have played orig only many times however, if boots are allowed i do drop the odd one in here and there if it fits in with the set. then there have been times when the promoter has said 'play what you like' and i have ended up playing orig only througout the whole set, thats just the way it has gone.

its the promoters choice - not other DJ's who are not even attending the event. that is the real bugbear for me. whenever this debate arises it is 99.9% DJ's who get involved, it just makes me wonder why they have such strong opinions on events that they are not DJ'ing at

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

Wow you were doing them a favour by warming up, you must be king after all, did you ask them to warm up for you as a favour in return. Did you meet Mr Sanchez's (I don't feel I know him well enought to call him Roger) Italian woman, strange woman no, weren't you surprised he was straight.

Are you saying you warmed up in Sankeys recently? That is impressive.

Do you still speak to Mike Stephens from Fat City?

I saw Mike in Prestwich recently actually...he didn't see me though and to be honest I didn't know him that well...I was helping promote Counter Culture then Friends and Family with Woody so never worked behind the Counter...was always in the basement....though i'm friends with Andy Madhatter who worked with Mike in the Soul room at the back of the shop...DJed with him a couple of times too :rolleyes:

Social source share

Why did the originals STAY in your box? :yes: If you had played them earlier then he wouldn't have had anything to spin????? :rolleyes: WHO WAS HE!!!! :wicked: Name & shame him if it matters so much! boxing.gif
It matters to me because of the Etiquette. Same as when i play Golf or someone says thank you when i have done them a favour. It not mattered to me enough where it affected my sleep that night. Just giving some direct evidence to the Investigation team on this thread. :D

As for why they stayed in my box and not play them earlier, I do not quite get your point as it not makes sense. :lol:

Not in the business of publicly humilliating people. I will keep that between him and me.

You like your smileys

Social source share

hi Russ. what i am saying basically is that for the most part the punters are not that bothered if it is a boot or not. I played all orig and one re-issue and it was the re-issue of a great track that had the dancefloor the busiest. no one said, "'Im not dancing to this, it's a re-issue". for sure i would love to have the orig but what i have is a legal re-issue.

i was asked about this thread on another site and this is my honest response:

... in all the years that i attended events on fortnighly, sometimes weekly basis, travelling hundreds of miles to listen to the music i love, it never crossed my mind to think about whether the record being played was an orig or boot. I was there for the love of the music, the atmosphere and most of all the dancing to the music i love - losing myself in that music that just drives right into the core of a person, very often making the hairs on the back of the neck stand on end and the tingles along the spine as the intro to an awsome track comes blaring out of the speakers. even the best drugs couldn't match that feeling finger002.gif

it was never my intention to be any sort of DJ however, because i bought lots of records for my own personal pleasure i was asked to play at local gigs where the orig / boot debate was never an issue. My 'personal' collection grew and I was asked more and more to play - not big time or regularly but I did a fair few gigs and had the privalige of DJ'ing at an all-dayer in southampton. Still the issue of orig / boot did not raise its head. And I hope this does not sound big-headed but I always had the floor packed - none of the attendees raised the issue that some boots had been played.

due to personal reasons i was off of the scene altogether for about 10 years although the passion for the music never left me. now I no longer do the travelling or attend many events but what i have noticed is that the politics seem to be at the forefront of the scene and it has dampened the enthusiasm i once had for the scene as a whole.

i am still passionate about the music and still buy records (original / boots / carvers) for my own personal pleasure. if i am fortunate enough to be asked to play at an event, the records i play are dictated by the promoter i.e. OVO or play what you like.

my own personal view about other DJ's and what they play is this:

play anything you like as long as it's soul - i will enjoy and dance* to orig / boot / carver - if i am at an event i am there for the music, period!

*if my back allows rofl2.gif

p.s. if a DJ has an orig in his box and i have a boot - the owner of the orig has priority in playing it - that is common courtesy.

i have one particular fantastic record on a boot but will not post it on the threads that i have been putting youtube clips on. and the reason for that is a local (ish) DJ is attempting to buy it in orig format and it may spoil his first spin of it if it is posted on here. common courtesy i can adhere to - Soul Policing i have some difficulties with.

on the whole, i do not disagree with anyone who says orig only at any event. i have played orig only many times however, if boots are allowed i do drop the odd one in here and there if it fits in with the set. then there have been times when the promoter has said 'play what you like' and i have ended up playing orig only througout the whole set, thats just the way it has gone.

its the promoters choice - not other DJ's who are not even attending the event. that is the real bugbear for me. whenever this debate arises it is 99.9% DJ's who get involved, it just makes me wonder why they have such strong opinions on events that they are not DJ'ing at

Hello mate..............understand your point & have replied via PM as dont want to get bogged down in all the poo.

Russ

Social source share

[quote name='Beeks' date='Aug 28 08, 09:44 AM' post='853198'

I think my replies as ever have been reasonably polite and articulate in the face of quite obvious provocation...

You keep saying this, but you never back it up when I ask. As I said I retorted to your dig at me, show me where you have been provoked and originated, why do you only ever answer some of the questions and ignore the others.,

You seem to forget the posts you had deleted, were they polite and articulate, or were they direct and very rude slates of me, because I asked you a difficult question, I only ever dig at you when you throw something, follow this thread back again and tell me thats not true.

Reason I wont let go is you keep dragging me into it, easy way is to just do not make false accusations like above, do not try and turn it all on me, and just forget I exist, then we and the site will be much happier.

You and I both know why you only answer some questions, in truth nobody else is interested so follow above and the world will be sunny again.

The bells ringing and my P1 teacher is shouting at me, I am off.

Fair comment Jocko...lets just leave it eh :rolleyes:

PS. I have no reason to answer ANY questions you throw at me...you're not my dad...though old enough to be and I feel no need to explain myself to you or anyone for that matter...my peers know who I am and what my musical past is...and they are the only opinions that matter...

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

Fair comment Jocko...lets just leave it eh :rolleyes:

PS. I have no reason to answer ANY questions you throw at me...you're not my dad...though old enough to be and I feel no need to explain myself to you or anyone for that matter...my peers know who I am and what my musical past is...and they are the only opinions that matter...

I am 7 years older than you, and if what you say is true then we will almost definitely have been in same clubs in Manchester & Leeds around the 90's. Stick to the facts, thats all I say.

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

It matters to me because of the Etiquette. Same as when i play Golf or someone says thank you when i have done them a favour. It not mattered to me enough where it affected my sleep that night. Just giving some direct evidence to the Investigation team on this thread. :lol:

As for why they stayed in my box and not play them earlier, I do not quite get your point as it not makes sense. :rolleyes:

Not in the business of publicly humilliating people. I will keep that between him and me.

You like your smileys

My point is if you had no intention of playing the oldies in your box then ultimately it didn't matter But if the guy played a load of boots that the rest of the Dj line up wanted to play off the original vinyl then that did matter. That is bad etiquette and a matter for the Soul Police. It comes across from the many comments that Djing is becoming a pissing contest between collectors IE: 'I've got better records than you have,hey look at me this is SOOOOO rare & you haven't got it!!!!Na,Na,Na,Na,Na! They seem to be forgetting that they are there to entertain the crowd and get them dancing a few boots in a night ain't gonna end the world as we know it! The scene was built on bootlegs & pressings wether you like it or not. Collecting & Djing are seperate practices. Collecting is a personal experience about the vinyl & it's exclusivity. Djing is a shared one about the music & the reaction of the audiance. Being too serious about it all only ruins it for everyone. NO SMILEYS!

Social source share

I am 7 years older than you, and if what you say is true then we will almost definitely have been in same clubs in Manchester & Leeds around the 90's. Stick to the facts, thats all I say.

Then stop acting like you're 90 then...I've tried on numerous occasions to get along with you Jocko only to be met with derision...If you were around the club scene when I was then you need to cheer up and show some love...lifes to short...think this is just a question of conflicting personalities...but im not a bitter man Jocko...id still buy you a pint if I saw you out...so if you have an axe to grind bury it in someone elses head for a change :rolleyes:

Social source share

Then stop acting like you're 90 then...I've tried on numerous occasions to get along with you Jocko only to be met with derision...If you were around the club scene when I was then you need to cheer up and show some love...lifes to short...think this is just a question of conflicting personalities...but im not a bitter man Jocko...id still buy you a pint if I saw you out...so if you have an axe to grind bury it in someone elses head for a change :rolleyes:

No its a question of you making me out to be a liar and throwing false accusations at me.

I thought you were going to forget I exist, that means no response, silence, you and I will be a lot happier.

Social source share

wtf are you on about, repeat it in English.

If you read my post you might have twigged, I too have been to Body and Soul, as I was at the Shelter and most recently at Francis K monday night Space gig, I used to be pretty good friends with Dave Camacho and Victor Simonelli if we want to name drop, if you dont recognise these names I suspect you are on about a differing house scene, although exactly what it has to do with any of this I really don't know.

Did you actually read what I said or as usual you look for the same argumentative point. Exactly what young person are you talking about, aint no young people on here, and exactly what new genre are you on about

oh no - I've offended Jocko as well. May as well top myself now. No name dropping from me - yes I am quite aware of the people you mention and I don't have to justify my credentials to anyone or list every well known or even obscure DJ that I have seen. Don't want the house police on my case as well!!

Younger I said not young, although that's not the point. Nearly everyone on here is younger than me :lol:biggrin.gif .

New genre . . . TO THEM.

Not looking for an argument (5 minute or 10 minute?) but as someone who has been passionate about music for over 50 years I as am entitled to my point of view as the rest of you.

As usual . . oh yeah . . you will see from the number of my posts that I am on here all the time getting into arguments with people :rolleyes:

Social source share

No its a question of you making me out to be a liar and throwing false accusations at me.

I thought you were going to forget I exist, that means no response, silence, you and I will be a lot happier.

:rolleyes::lol:

I give up...

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

To be honest Im sitting here wondering why Im getting involved in all of this again.............but as I see it, certain issues on the NS scene are a matter of courtesy & tradition, yes, we should all question & push the boundaries, but as one of the only people to come out of the 'Police Box' on this thread, I dont see some of our traditions 'as the law' but just a guide line as how to conduct your self as a Promoter/DJ/Collector or punter, on the whole these have occured naturally almost, as a way of 'self policing'.........other wise we would have no ethical frame work or code as to what is excepted behaviour etc.....................f**k me, what am I on about :lol: ..........almost make it sound like a 'secret society' :rolleyes: .........eeeeerrrrrrmmmmmmmm maybe we were once upon a time.

Russ

Not read the entire thread, but with you 100% of the way russ.

I said ages ago on here, these are the things that make the Northern Soul scene so special.

Maybe this film on Northern Soul can be like some of the poker programs where they tell the new viewer the hand rankings.

Maybe they can tell cinema goers not to take their drinks onto the dancefloor, always apologise if your spin lands your nose in between the bosoms of a rather large skinheads lady friend, the originals are still the greatest, etc etc.

Social source share

My point is if you had no intention of playing the oldies in your box then ultimately it didn't matter But if the guy played a load of boots that the rest of the Dj line up wanted to play off the original vinyl then that did matter. That is bad etiquette and a matter for the Soul Police. It comes across from the many comments that Djing is becoming a pissing contest between collectors IE: 'I've got better records than you have,hey look at me this is SOOOOO rare & you haven't got it!!!!Na,Na,Na,Na,Na! They seem to be forgetting that they are there to entertain the crowd and get them dancing a few boots in a night ain't gonna end the world as we know it! The scene was built on bootlegs & pressings wether you like it or not. Collecting & Djing are seperate practices. Collecting is a personal experience about the vinyl & it's exclusivity. Djing is a shared one about the music & the reaction of the audiance. Being too serious about it all only ruins it for everyone. NO SMILEYS!

Before I leave this thread want to say that I respect your points and a lot of what you say I agree with, especially re Dj's and collectors. The Bootleg bit I not totally agree with as how would he know what other Dj's were going to play unless there was some kind of discussion between the Dj's. Lets leave it there, shall we and at the end of the day its not that serious. Only 'Love is a serious business' :rolleyes::lol:biggrin.gif

Social source share

Just had some rather heavy guys at the house. Said they were from the soul police and complaining about banter. Boy was I worried . . and how did they get here so quickly. Rather embarrassed as the record room needs hoovering (yes a whole room smug smug) and a rabbit once chewed some of my sleeves.

Anyway I needn't have worried - they were from the sole police and it was batter not banter. Apparently I'd been seen in Tesco buying sole and sole just needs a light dusting of flour (not talc). Well my reply was 'cobbler!'. Vietnamese river cobbler - a far more robust fish which is suitable for battering.

Sent them on their way!

Social source share

oh no - I've offended Jocko as well. May as well top myself now. No name dropping from me - yes I am quite aware of the people you mention and I don't have to justify my credentials to anyone or list every well known or even obscure DJ that I have seen. Don't want the house police on my case as well!!

I give in, where did I say you had offended me?

I was responding to some half baked accusation you were throwing at me, and I didn't ask you to justify anything, I was just trying to say your assumption that I had wouldn't have heard of B&S was bonkers, you had obviously not read anything gone previous.

Excuse me, who was talking about being in the "hallowed" B&S dj booth, are you saying this was not trying to boost your credentials, I only responsed to your name dropping with B&S, to show I knew a little more than one of the most hyped clubs ever and I was listing friends rather than DJ's I had seen, just to see which genre of House you came from, as you well know the different genres within House makes NS look united, and therefore we may have been coming from very different angles. You obviously assumed and then decided to throw a stupid, uninformed insult at me, I was just responding because I am fed up of people like you coming on here, throw a few false accusations with nothing to back them up and then disappear into the Sunset, (Ibizan no doubt).

Still not got a clue what relevance this has to anything but I wont have people like you coming on throwing mud without responding.

Younger I said not young, although that's not the point. Nearly everyone on here is younger than me :lol::yes: .

New genre . . . TO THEM.

Younger than who, what relevance is your age? What new genre, and to whom? In English and slowly please.

Not looking for an argument (5 minute or 10 minute?) but as someone who has been passionate about music for over 50 years I as am entitled to my point of view as the rest of you.

As usual . . oh yeah . . you will see from the number of my posts that I am on here all the time getting into arguments with people :rolleyes:

Off course you are entitled to your point of view, and I dont think you need to have been into this music for more than a minute to have a point of view, so again not sure what relevance your 50 years is to this. My point is I dont see any understandable point of view in your earlier thread, it was just a dig at me, I responded and showed how ill-informed and ingorant your dig was. I repeat as I repeat to others deal in facts.

The as usual comment was about you going on about letting young people in, not only was it irrelevant to this thread, its been done a million times before and is just boring, that was my point on same argument, not about you.

If you are going to throw mud do a bit of decent digging first, I will debate and respect any of your points of view, try articulating it without trying to belittle me first however, as I said I see no relevance to any of this.

Okay I have an appointment with the school nurse, I need to go cough.

Social source share

Guest Nik Mak

Before I leave this thread want to say that I respect your points and a lot of what you say I agree with, especially re Dj's and collectors. The Bootleg bit I not totally agree with as how would he know what other Dj's were going to play unless there was some kind of discussion between the Dj's. Lets leave it there, shall we and at the end of the day its not that serious. Only 'Love is a serious business' biggrin.gif:yes::)

I'm sorry but 'I got hung up along the way'. Your absolutely right! Well said that man. :rolleyes::lol::yes:

Social source share

Apparently I'd been seen in Tesco buying sole and sole just needs a light dusting of flour (not talc). Well my reply was 'cobbler!'. Vietnamese river cobbler - a far more robust fish which is suitable for battering.

Sent them on their way!

I think I saw it this morning in the frozen foods gaff. It was called panga & the label said it was an 'acuicultura' product, country of origin: Vietnam. There were large white fillets. Is it better than Nile Perch?

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

The thing about playing legal re-issues out still bugs me, why do it? Take for instance Lester Tipton - This Wont Change on Grapevine. What benefit would this give people like myself who have been attending decent Northern/Rare Soul venues for nearly 30 years. Me, like many other officers only want to hear Lester Tipton at rare times of my life. It seems a shame that all of a sudden I'm hearing it at the local weekly soul night down the pub, this to me has reversed what was once rare occasion, and that's not good.

Also, there are a few Beeks popping up onto the scene these days, boring me with there choice of music, heaven forbid anyone giving him a really rare CD with Butch's cover-ups on, it could end up remixed into hard-house or trip-clap-trap or worse. When he first arrived on S.S. it was, Beeky this, and Beeky that, now that he has shown us of his disrespect I wonder what will become of him, back to Soapy Sack's, or worse.

Jock 'i'll Fix it!

Social source share

Also, there are a few Beeks popping up onto the scene these days, boring me with there choice of music, heaven forbid anyone giving him a really rare CD with Butch's cover-ups on, it could end up remixed into hard-house or trip-clap-trap or worse. When he first arrived on S.S. it was, Beeky this, and Beeky that, now that he has shown us of his disrespect I wonder what will become of him, back to Soapy Sack's, or worse.

Ha! I havn't been to a house club in 10+ years or listened to anything in that time...I left House music when it was dying and started playing contemporary Soul which was always my first love (My father was a big soul fan) So I have no love of House music and havn't had for eons and i've disrespected noone that has not disrespected me...I think you will find due to the large amount of PMs I get in my box supporting me against the serial moaners on here...that for the part...I have more friends on here than enemies...and with good reason...i'm a good lad :rolleyes:

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

...I think you will find due to the large amount of PMs I get in my box supporting me against the serial moaners on here...that for the part...I have more friends on here than enemies...and with good reason...i'm a good lad :rolleyes:

Whoopy do they must be right then these lovely people. I thought we were going to ignore each other.

Here you go again, since it is only me you rant on about it can only be me who is the serial moaner, as I said 4 times already and you ignore it each time, show me the evidence or shut the f**k up, I am really getting fed up of this. I repeat I have retorted to you, asked you some interesting questions you ignore to answer, because you dont want to, well if thats the case leave me out of it. Because some people interpret being pulled up for being wrong (and this is general comment not at you) as moaning does not make it moaning, some people like keeping it factual

Its highly likely you have reinvented yourself at least a couple of times, I no longer care and am no longer interested in whether you are a charlatan or not, just stop dragging me into.

Show me where I moaned and did not just pull you up on something you said, this time produce some evidence.

Oh and saying House died 10 years ago is not really helping your authenticity, it stopped being high street trendy 10 years ago, it carries on in some of the most unlikely places nowadays, again please just stick to facts.

Just because you don't like something anymore doesn't mean it doesn't exist, trust me I really wish it did.

Social source share

JOCKO, a man with A LOT of musical knowledge and history. Very well respected by his peers and beyond. A very true soul! Done the miles and given the smiles!Thats all I can say. Whos this other guy then? :rolleyes::lol:

Social source share

JOCKO, a man with A LOT of musical knowledge and history. Very well respected by his peers and beyond. A very true soul! Done the miles and given the smiles!Thats all I can say. Whos this other guy then? :rolleyes::lol:

My grandson :yes:

Social source share

Whoopy do they must be right then these lovely people. I thought we were going to ignore each other.

Here you go again, since it is only me you rant on about it can only be me who is the serial moaner, as I said 4 times already and you ignore it each time, show me the evidence or shut the f**k up, I am really getting fed up of this. I repeat I have retorted to you, asked you some interesting questions you ignore to answer, because you dont want to, well if thats the case leave me out of it. Because some people interpret being pulled up for being wrong (and this is general comment not at you) as moaning does not make it moaning, some people like keeping it factual

Its highly likely you have reinvented yourself at least a couple of times, I no longer care and am no longer interested in whether you are a charlatan or not, just stop dragging me into.

Show me where I moaned and did not just pull you up on something you said, this time produce some evidence.

Oh and saying House died 10 years ago is not really helping your authenticity, it stopped being high street trendy 10 years ago, it carries on in some of the most unlikely places nowadays, again please just stick to facts.

Just because you don't like something anymore doesn't mean it doesn't exist, trust me I really wish it did.

Whoa there Jock...since when did I mention you to warrant such an attack on my person?

Was just explaining my position

I would very much prefer it if you do not refer to me again for the simple fact that you are no longer humourous as pathetic

That post was in NO WAY directed at you but you feel it warrants a full page essay

Get a life Jocko...better still get some friends...

Now consider yourself ignored :rolleyes:

PS It's when House went 'High Street Trendy' that I left Jocko...unless you call Cream in Liverpool and every other song in the charts underground

Edited by Beeks
Social source share

I think I saw it this morning in the frozen foods gaff. It was called panga & the label said it was an 'acuicultura' product, country of origin: Vietnam. There were large white fillets. Is it better than Nile Perch?

It's called basa or pangasian, a species of catfish. It is farmed in the Mekong delta, probably the dirtiest river in the world. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Whoa there Jock...since when did I mention you to warrant such an attack on my person?

Was just explaining my position

I would very much prefer it if you do not refer to me again for the simple fact that you are no longer humourous as pathetic

That post was in NO WAY directed at you but you feel it warrants a full page essay

Get a life Jocko...better still get some friends...

Now consider yourself ignored :rolleyes:

PS It's when House went 'High Street Trendy' that I left Jocko...unless you call Cream in Liverpool and every other song in the charts underground

Okay who were you referring to then, its me you have been throwing things at, so who it is it. You are saying that I was not included in that reference, that would seem a bit contradictory. I repeat put up some evidence or move on, quickly.

I think you will find Cream is a lot longer than 10 years ago, and since it was born in a certain City how could it be anything other than a scam to scam daft lads in tracksuits, it was born from the underground but was created to steal from the underground, no real surprise there. See something we agree now shut the f**k about me and go and leave me alone.

Social source share

Perhaps you should go one step further and Execute anyone who has not been to

Wigan Casino and confesses to loving Soul Music...

I reckon anybody who went to Wigan Casino for a sustained

length of time and still knows what soul music is deserves a bloody medal

Kegsy

Social source share

The thing about playing legal re-issues out still bugs me, why do it? Take for instance Lester Tipton - This Wont Change on Grapevine. What benefit would this give people like myself who have been attending decent Northern/Rare Soul venues for nearly 30 years. Me, like many other officers only want to hear Lester Tipton at rare times of my life. It seems a shame that all of a sudden I'm hearing it at the local weekly soul night down the pub, this to me has reversed what was once rare occasion, and that's not good.

Jock 'i'll Fix it!

thumbnailnnnnn-1.jpg:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Chill out, listen to this, great memories - even if you were never there!

http

://www.soul-source.co.uk/rare-northern...o-74-live-tape

I was 6 :wub:

Social source share