Backbeat Club ?

Guest Netspeaky

Guest Netspeaky

Does anybody remember the BACKBEAT, friend of mine has old membership card, it doesn't say where the venue was and he can't remember, anybody help out there.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Does anybody remember the BACKBEAT, friend of mine has old membership card, it doesn't say where the venue was and he can't remember, anybody help out there.

I seem to remember it was in Bolton. Possibly at Bolton Wonderers Football Club. It was a Russ & Richard Midweek thing I think or Possibly Sunday Night!.

Paul

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

I seem to remember it was in Bolton. Possibly at Bolton Wonderers Football Club. It was a Russ & Richard Midweek thing I think or Possibly Sunday Night!.

Paul

Defo was in Bolton part of the complex at the old football ground(Burnden Park) went to an AllDayer there,run by Richard S. Didn,t last too long,Sunday All Dayers were about 1976

TonyC.

U.T.T

Social source share

THERE WAS A BLACKBEAT SOUL CLUB AT BWFC BURNDEN PARK BOLTON IN THE CLUB BAR EVERY SUNDAY, RUSS, RICHARD & KENNY SPENCE THE DJs. RAN 1975 -76, WAS A NICE FINISH TO YOUR WEEKEND.

Social source share

THERE WAS A BLACKBEAT SOUL CLUB AT BWFC BURNDEN PARK BOLTON IN THE CLUB BAR EVERY SUNDAY, RUSS, RICHARD & KENNY SPENCE THE DJs. RAN 1975 -76, WAS A NICE FINISH TO YOUR WEEKEND.

Yes it was on Sunday nights, a few of us from around our way used to go.

We always had to leave early to get last train to Blackburn.

Social source share

Yeah it was BLACKBEAT. Our gang got in to a few scuffles there with the local Bolton dudes. We were from Blackburn and all our girls were Bolton girls at that time. The local lads wernt best pleased. There was a local girl who used to frequent the scene around about this time called Berny(spelling) and one of our crew, a guy called Grevs had the hots for her big time. God he were persistent. She played a cagey game and I dont think he actually got his just rewards!!! Still pisses him off to this day.

Social source share

Used to go on a Sunday night - was up some rickety old stairs at BWFC if I remember.

Good cross section of people - Richard Searling used to play Ron Holden Gwen Owens etc. alongside new releases - good memories - good club.

Social source share

Yeah it was BLACKBEAT. Our gang got in to a few scuffles there with the local Bolton dudes. We were from Blackburn and all our girls were Bolton girls at that time. The local lads wernt best pleased. There was a local girl who used to frequent the scene around about this time called Berny(spelling) and one of our crew, a guy called Grevs had the hots for her big time. God he were persistent. She played a cagey game and I dont think he actually got his just rewards!!! Still pisses him off to this day.

The local girl you refer to might have been Briony Roberts from Bolton, as for the few scuffles with the local Bolton dudes-I have grown up abit since then but was a big Wanderers fan in those days, thats what the scuffles were about more to do with you lads coming from Blackburn & not Bolton girls.

Social source share

The local girl you refer to might have been Briony Roberts from Bolton, as for the few scuffles with the local Bolton dudes-I have grown up abit since then but was a big Wanderers fan in those days, thats what the scuffles were about more to do with you lads coming from Blackburn & not Bolton girls.

Yeah, I know what you mean about growing up.There were dangerous moments to be had on the scene in those days. I got a right good kicking one of them nights at BLACKBEAT. Twas off a guy who I think used to wear a kerchief around his neck (I may be mistaken) but he looked like a swarthy gypsie like person with thick black hair and sideburns etc. You are right about the girl too. Briony Roberts, short dark hair and always had high platform type shoes. She was a cool chick and a good dancer to boot. Especially when "SEND HIM BACK"....POINTER SISTERS was played. When you start casting your mind back you can remember many things!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert