life -tell me why

Guest gfarrington

Guest gfarrington

No Chrissie that was one of a number of dark moments in the scene history. But you cannot deny that 70s sounds have been part of the northern scene since....err....the early 70s even if you don't personally like them. weren't you there when things like Anderson Brothers, Life "Tell me why", First Choice etc etc Now behave on the 70s thing or I'll tread on your leg plaster cast on the 30th ohmy.gif:yes:

sorry off thread here, its just that someone(malc from iom/nowprescot)asked me for info on life-tell me why but i couldnt help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, any info please so i can pass on

back to page 2 of this saga ill catch up in a few weeks lol

Edited by gfarrington
Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

sorry off thread here, its just that someone(malc from iom/nowprescot)asked me for info on life-tell me why but i couldnt help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, any info please so i can pass on

back to page 2 of this saga ill catch up in a few weeks lol

Is on Reprise Records and books at £200 for issue copy played at Wigan in early 70s. One of thsoe stranger sounds that is worth more on release than demo. A side is 'Tell Me Why'/ B side is 'Funk' and is collected by funk fans in US and Japan. So A and B side both collectable.

Social source share

WAS booted on white demo

boot was mono or stereo on both sides

orig has mono 1 side / stereo other

goes for 150 on demo

have a mint- copy 150 if anybody wants the proper jobbie

superb mecca spin

£20 gets you my mint boot in case anyone can't afford the original (what with today's credit crunch!).

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Is on Reprise Records and books at £200 for issue copy played at Wigan in early 70s. One of thsoe stranger sounds that is worth more on release than demo. A side is 'Tell Me Why'/ B side is 'Funk' and is collected by funk fans in US and Japan. So A and B side both collectable.

First played at the Mecca as a new release,one of the finest 70,s tunes ever played( IMHO) :D

Social source share

I have a 'Mustard' Issue meself which is a very tasty alternative to the W/D but the B side isn't Funk.............from memory (not played it for yonks) it's a very disappointing mish-mash of a record that the Funk boys would probably laugh at! Apologies if I'm wrong on this as i said i hadn't played it for yonks!

When i bought it i was SO hoping it'd be a brill 70's dancer, a brill deep cut or a brill Funk track BUT it was none of them! If it was a top B side it's be up there with the holy grail 45's imho cos it not easy to find at all!

Still, looks great though :lol:

Cheers

Steve

btw I also am one of the many with an Ex copy of the original W/D for sale wicked.gif

Find it here www.soulmusic.co.uk/Northern_Originals_List.htm

Social source share

I have a 'Mustard' Issue meself which is a very tasty alternative to the W/D but the B side isn't Funk.............from memory (not played it for yonks) it's a very disappointing mish-mash of a record that the Funk boys would probably laugh at! Apologies if I'm wrong on this as i said i hadn't played it for yonks!

When i bought it i was SO hoping it'd be a brill 70's dancer, a brill deep cut or a brill Funk track BUT it was none of them! If it was a top B side it's be up there with the holy grail 45's imho cos it not easy to find at all!

Still, looks great though :lol:

Cheers

Steve

btw I also am one of the many with an Ex copy of the original W/D for sale :D

'Thats Life' original title isn't it, a bit of a pyschedelic affair if my memory serves me correctly. Bought an issue of it at the Ritz many many moons ago, paid about £4.00 for it :( and always regretted selling it Greatest string break ever!!!!! IMHO :g:

Social source share

Still, looks great though :D

Cheers

Steve

btw I also am one of the many with an Ex copy of the original W/D for sale :g:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!