Bargain For Someone ?

Wiganer1

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

or someone could bid the minimum which would take off the reserve and ruin it for everyone :huh:

In this case, I don't actually like this record - but surely Soul Source should have a "gentleman's agreement" that records on auction are not discussed prior to auction completion, unless:

- you are warning everyone about a dodgy auction/seller, including doubt over authenticity

or

- you are the seller and you want to flog your wares by raising interest (I can't begrudge anyone for that)

m

Social source share

I can't believe the negativity to this record, yes a tricky dancer but so what, uptempo, soulful, agrosoul with oooomphh. It has that magical missing something that 90% of records just don't have that stop them becoming truly great, to me anyway.

Just stand during the tricky bits and smile on the dancefloor and be grateful.

One of the greatest records to have had pleasure to dance to.

Social source share

I can't believe the negativity to this record, yes a tricky dancer but so what, uptempo, soulful, agrosoul with oooomphh. It has that magical missing something that 90% of records just don't have that stop them becoming truly great, to me anyway.

Um, I thought I was the only one who said they didn't rate it :huh: .

It's very popular I thought (esp with the males) and I know someone that we book at Thorne regularly who gets asked to play it all the time.

m

Social source share

In this case, I don't actually like this record - but surely Soul Source should have a "gentleman's agreement" that records on auction are not discussed prior to auction completion, unless:

- you are warning everyone about a dodgy auction/seller, including doubt over authenticity

or

- you are the seller and you want to flog your wares by raising interest (I can't begrudge anyone for that)

m

It's not like nobody was going to spot it Maria :huh:

Social source share

Um, I thought I was the only one who said they didn't rate it :huh: .

It's very popular I thought (esp with the males) and I know someone that we book at Thorne regularly who gets asked to play it all the time.

m

Cmon Maria, have that second coffee so you can see straighter :D

3 negatives above and a flurry last time it was mentioned, interesting point about it being a boys records, I think thats probably actually quite true

(and I won't really push my luck by saying I always see you as one of the boys, dont want two black eyes do I :lol: )

Social source share

Cmon Maria, have that second coffee so you can see straighter :D

3 negatives above and a flurry last time it was mentioned, interesting point about it being a boys records, I think thats probably actually quite true

(and I won't really push my luck by saying I always see you as one of the boys, dont want two black eyes do I :D )

Yes, bit sleepy as I woke early (+travelled over 500 miles for soul do's the last two days, after a week of little sleep from coughing fits). Not even 3 tablespoons of Lavazza is doing it for me today.

...But I still don't see anything that bad said about the record :lol:

If it's on my 'wants list', I love it when people say a record I love is crap - coz I'm hopefully the only one looking for it and it's around cheap. Besides, as I always say: "Soul is Emotion ...we cannot choose what may evoke that!" Hence, the reason why everyone gets so stroppy on these internet lists - and why so many think they're right, when we know they aren't :huh: .

m

ps. you're safe. I only hit men I like :D

Social source share

I can't believe the negativity to this record...

At a guess of mine this mostly is articulated by people who don`t have the record and know they will never have a chance to get this 45 (or any other great record that they say is shite but about 95 % see as a down and out 150 % NS reocrd). Its a sad joke sometimes really.

Marc

NB

Not directed to anyone taking part in this thread in particular. Just my general thought and opinion.

Social source share

..... interesting point about it being a boys records, I think thats probably actually quite true

Interesting, so what do you make out of the unrel. Jobete acetate female version "Lonely Boy" then, a girls record :thumbsup: ..well obviously so :D ....so I was always very "pc" to have played both versions when deejaying with mr mercury :lol:

Social source share

I completely agree , its one of my alltime faves :thumbsup: it has got that special something that gives me goosebumps everytime i hear it :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert