Ian Levine, Motorcity, Centre City, Blackpool Mecca, And Swons

Nothing wrong with it Ian, I really enjoyed it - BUT - I was a bit surprised at the lack of 'new' versions of the clips you used, most of them were the old ones weren't they - I mean the outdoor shots mainly. Why not use more of the remixed ones like the Tommy Hunt clip right at the end. Apart from that - fantastic, and I'll be buying it today and I think I should let my mailing list know about it too if they don't already.

No. none of them were the old clips.

Not one.

Every one has been redone.

Even the old original clips with outdoor shots still had some cheesy effects - all gone now and remade.

The trailer needed to be Frank Wilson, Dobie Gray, and Tobi Legend, even though the more obscure ones are still on the set, but Garland Green, Emanuel Lasky, Melvin Davis, and Little Ann, were never going to pull as many people in off YouTube.

Social source share

The stress, frustration and probable anger that would evolve for Ian and others must totally outweight any benefits of Ian getting involved in other threads surely.

With some people having pre-conceived idea's and seemingly never forgiving Ian for tracks he introduced some time ago, it would be impossible.

This is Ian's area of expertise and he's been open enough to discuss anything so I can't see the need.

I felt that too, Jayne, and no offence I assure you.

Social source share

Nevertheless, I've ordered a copy and just hope I get to see it before we all disappear into a black hole.........

That is my biggest worry today.

CAN'T SOMEONE STOP THEM ???

Anyone who knows their Doctor Who, think of "Inferno". Professor Stahlman was so sure of the benefits of his scientific project, that he ignored all the warnings.

This just sounds like that all over again.

Social source share

Why would you think that? I was gonna buy it anyway - after watching the trailer I'm even more persuaded to do so.

Then it certainly wasn't a mistake.

Thankyou, Smiffy.

Social source share

Anyone who knows their Doctor Who, think of "Inferno". Professor Stahlman was so sure of the benefits of his scientific project, that he ignored all the warnings.

Ooh, one of my faves!

Simon :lol:

Social source share

Ian, but heres a copy of my amazon invoice and the price.

Delivery Method: FREE Super Saver Delivery Delivery Preference:Group my items into as few deliveries as possibleSubtotal of Items: £22.34 Postage & Packing: £0.00 ------ Total before VAT: £22.34 VAT: £3.91 ------ Total: £26.25 Promotional Gift Certificates: -£0.00 ------ Total for this order: £26.25

Yep, that's what I just paid too :lol:

Social source share

Mossy are you alright, what's with the dude talk dude?

Been watching Big Brother all summer and really like dug the albino dude !

I have been talking like this for 3 months now !

I suppose it was only an advert but I just think it comes over as a little contrived, sort of like the remmington shaver adverts !

When these are Soul Legends not shavers !!!

:lol:

Cheers Dude !

Edited by mossy
Social source share

With respect Ian. Utter tosh!

The Large Hadron Collider will reveal to us even more about how God made the universe. It will increase our understanding and can only be beneficial.

It's one of the most important scientific endeavours in the history of the human race so far. Period!

Phil

Social source share

Note that the £26 price is for pre-orders only by the looks of it, when it actually gets into stock it will go up to £32.

Just bought mine...

What puzzles me is they must be paying £25 to buy it in, in the first place.

Social source share

Been watching Big Brother all summer and really like dug the albino dude !

I have been talking like this for 3 months now !

I suppose it was only an advert but I just think it comes over as a little contrived, sort of like the remmington shaver adverts !

When these are Soul Legends not shavers !!!

Cheers Dude !

The Strange World Of Northern Shaves.

I think Kev Roberts will be most flattered that he sounds like the voiceover of a major TV advert. Maybe there's a new career just waiting for him out there.

Social source share

With respect Ian. Utter tosh!

The Large Hadron Collider will reveal to us even more about how God made the universe. It will increase our understanding and can only be beneficial.

It's one of the most important scientific endeavours in the history of the human race so far. Period!

Phil

When the Earth is imploding inside a black hole that's growing exponentially, I shall phone you and remind you of your sage words, just before we're all crushed to a singularity.

And some things are better left alone.

Social source share

I apprehensively offer you this in the hope you will all enjoy it as much as we do.

I just pray I'm not accused of sacrilege.

Think of it in the same way as you think of Erma Franklin doing "I Get The Sweetest Feeling", as an extra and a complement to the original, not replacing it in any way.

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

When the Earth is imploding inside a black hole that's growing exponentially, I shall phone you and remind you of your sage words, just before we're all crushed to a singularity.

And some things are better left alone.

If that happens you won't need to phone me as we shall co-exist together in that singularity (together with Mr Trouble et al). So I'll be near enough for you to just tell me. Save on the phone bill :ohmy:

Social source share

It's sound business ken to launch the product in this way. I don't personally like the spiel, but the net has to be thrown to catch all the shoaling fish, not just a few isolated sprats. You'd be surprised how many sales are chalked up to 4am impulse buying, especially those that come in after a beery night out on the tiles. I've done it myself. Who hasn't?

BUT, in this case we're not talking about a mini trouser press, we're talking about some of the most iconic names ever to grace a 45 in the flesh, at least as far as this scene is concerned. I personally feel they thoroughly deserve it.

Social source share

It's sound business ken to launch the product in this way.

The original SWONS was never about sound business. As a business decision, it was appalling. But.... As a time capsule to document the singers we love, it was a labour of love.

It was never appreciated at the time because of the way the videos were edited.

Ten years later, that has changed, and any bitter criticism now, this time round, is likely to be personal and aimed at me, rather than a genuine criticism of these wonderful 200 performances.

Social source share

we're talking about some of the most iconic names ever to grace a 45 in the flesh, at least as far as this scene is concerned. I personally feel they thoroughly deserve it.

And so do I, and so do most people I hope.

I want Wienerworld to be glad they trusted me and agreed to release it.

Social source share

It's sound business ken to launch the product in this way. I don't personally like the spiel, but the net has to be thrown to catch all the shoaling fish, not just a few isolated sprats. You'd be surprised how many sales are chalked up to 4am impulse buying, especially those that come in after a beery night out on the tiles. I've done it myself. Who hasn't?

BUT, in this case we're not talking about a mini trouser press, we're talking about some of the most iconic names ever to grace a 45 in the flesh, at least as far as this scene is concerned. I personally feel they thoroughly deserve it.

:lol::DHow true Macca

Not quite the net, but came home one evening and put on the auction channel on Sky

ended up buying 5 international footie tops signed by, Beckham, Raul, Figo, Ronaldo, & Zidane

I was p**sed and ended up spending £900 on them, my missus went ballistic :D:) In my drunken stooper i looked at her and said "Am I bovvered" laugh.gif

:ohmy: We live and learn

Social source share

Ian If it happens it happens, don't forget when they tested the atom bomb they did'nt know what was going to happen it could have caused achain reaction and destroyed the earth, look on the other side side something tremeendous may come out of the experiment. or then again.

mark

Edited by mark.b
Social source share

Ian If it happens it happens, don't forget when they tested the atom bomb they did'nt know what was going to happen it could have caused achain reaction and destroyed the earth, look on the other side side something tremeendous may come out of the experiment. or then again.

mark

I don't want the world to end before people have a chance to buy their wonderful copies of "Northern Soul's 200 Greatest Floorfillers", Mark.

Or my life will not have been fulfilled.

">
Social source share

Well people, my J J Barnes CD has arrived today. It and I are off to the Italian weekender shortly. :unsure:

Have a nice week & dont leave me too much to catch up with next week. :lol:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Well people, my J J Barnes CD has arrived today.

That was quick.

I am so glad I could find one for you. It has been deleted for the last twelve years now.

And Colin Curtis is now really championing "I've Seen The Light"

"> Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

Ian

I was just going to ask who was the vocalist? A cracking performance.

Derek

It's Verna Francis. I needed someone to do "Because Of You" and if I'd done it on a man, people might have slagged it off, as Jackie Wilson is so sacred, so I figured having a female version would be better.

Here she is on a track off "Northern Soul 2008". (Yes, we know the intro sounds a bit like Babe Ruth).

">
Social source share

Can we have some more clips featuring busty black ladies please?

Most certainly, Smiffy.

Your wish is my command.

Is Laverta Lewis busty enough for you ???

">
Social source share

Guest sarahleen

any road, before we all get squished into oblivion, i just want to say ,

thanks for all those great spins as i was growing up, you will always be a true trailblazer to me mr levine .

Social source share

any road, before we all get squished into oblivion, i just want to say ,

thanks for all those great spins as i was growing up, you will always be a true trailblazer to me mr levine .

Thankyou.

But I don't want to get squished into oblivion.

I'm about to start recording our brand new album next week.

Social source share

It's Verna Francis. I needed someone to do "Because Of You" and if I'd done it on a man, people might have slagged it off, as Jackie Wilson is so sacred, so I figured having a female version would be better.

Here she is on a track off "Northern Soul 2008". (Yes, we know the intro sounds a bit like Babe Ruth).

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Edited by Reg
Social source share

It is a brilliant alternative version! (You're right about the Jackie Wilson being sacred point, it very definitely is!) She reminds me a bit of Beverley Knight (but better) :wicked:

(ops just realised Ive replied to the wrong clip.....)

It's alright.

It's the same singer.

I thought long and hard about who should do "Because Of You". It was such a big record at The Mecca and has carried on and survived since then, and is still popular to this day, so I needed the song to be on the box set. But Jackie Wilson has been dead for nearly thirty years. If Shenton Dixon had done it, the vocal would have been wonderful, but no-one would praise it when thinking of Jackie Wilson, so I decided it had to be a female version or not at all.

Social source share

Guest mark shepherd

Here ya go.....

Gary The Master Blaster "Cafe Reggios"

great !!!!!!!! but only as the first 10 -20 seconds to a tune...as an intro

was always waiting for it to go to the guy singing, for the main body of the track

shep

Social source share

Very genteel on here at the moment....cucumber sandwich anyone?

Hey Stevie, don't be lowering the tone with cucumber mate......

Water cress sarnies and tea in fine bone china cups only on this thread..... :wicked:

Maybe we need James Trouble back on here to liven things up after his lively weekend in Essex LOL....

Ian D :wub:

Social source share

Hey Stevie, don't be lowering the tone with cucumber mate......

Water cress sarnies and tea in fine bone china cups only on this thread..... :wicked:

Maybe we need James Trouble back on here to liven things up after his lively weekend in Essex LOL....

Ian D :elvis:

Earl Grey of course :wub:

Social source share