Ian Levine, Motorcity, Centre City, Blackpool Mecca, And Swons

I am looking but I can't work out how to do that.

Do you know what I have to do ???

Ian

If you scroll down to the end of the thread on the left hand side you will see a box that says "moderation options" click on the arrow next to it and an option "close topic" will show just click on that.

Derek

Social source share

On the bottom left hand of the thread there is a box that says moderation options. Click on that and one of the options is "close thread"

Hope that helps

Thankyou. Mike Hughes already did it before I had to, so it merely continues on here, although it makes me a bit sad that the number of views won't look as impressive. But I hope the old thread continues to be available to read, especially after so much work went into it.

Social source share

Thankyou. Mike Hughes already did it before I had to, so it merely continues on here, although it makes me a bit sad that the number of views won't look as impressive. But I hope the old thread continues to be available to read, especially after so much work went into it.

I think this is the longest thread ever on Soul Source so I think Mike has kept it open as long as he can. And you can still read the old one, don't worry :D

Social source share

Guest HiTtHeBoNgO

We end the last thread with 2,984 posts on it, and 85,633 views.

I would be very interested to find out if other Soul Source threads had ever reached that number, and if so in how much time ??

I wonder if we broke any records.

this has to be the biggest online mass debate on a soul forum ever well done

Social source share

I think this is the longest thread ever on Soul Source so I think Mike has kept it open as long as he can. And you can still read the old one, don't worry

Could Part Two beat it ?????

Social source share

this has to be the biggest online mass debate on a soul forum ever well done

On the one hand that pleases me, on the other hand I have to pray that a couple of people leave us alone to talk about the good stuff, not keep trying to push me on the ropes.

Social source share

Phew who knows!! You have definitely put the cat amongst the Pigeons Ian!!

I don't know why that happens. Some people just don't "get" me. I have tried to make a fair case to prove that a lot of my actions were motivated by the best intentions, but I was always aware that coming on here, where I had received the worst criticism in the past, was never going to be THAT easy.

Social source share

I don't know why that happens. Some people just don't "get" me. I have tried to make a fair case to prove that a lot of my actions were motivated by the best intentions, but I was always aware that coming on here, where I had received the worst criticism in the past, was never going to be THAT easy.

I think that most people on here are very fair. Apart from the odd loony on here it hasn't been that negative on the whole- even people that you've not seen eye to eye with in the past. And paul-s,however wierd he has seemed, only said all that because he thought you had upset his mate Joan (who is lovely by the way). So hopefully this new thread** will be nice and informative without too much bickering because lifes too short innit :lol:

** don't quote me though :D

Edited by Reg
Social source share

Ok Ian, I don't think this was discussed on the previous thread. You have chosen the name Centre City Records, presumably after the business district in Philadelphia. Or maybe inspired by Fat Larry's Band? So which has been the city that has given you the most overall soul satisfaction as a fan, DJ and as a producer - Philadelphia, Detroit, Memphis, Washington? We all have our soft spots, and Detroit usually wins out but I'd welcome your opinion. And don't say Blackpool. :D

Stuart

Social source share

Well i hope this thread keep's me amused and as interested as much as the other, as i get's a bit boring out here in the middle of the North - Sea.

By the way hello Ian long time no see or speak.

Wally Francis

What are you doing in the middle of the North Sea ??

At least you can play these YouTube links to cheer yourself up.

Social source share

Ok Ian, I don't think this was discussed on the previous thread. You have chosen the name Centre City Records, presumably after the business district in Philadelphia. Or maybe inspired by Fat Larry's Band? So which has been the city that has given you the most overall soul satisfaction as a fan, DJ and as a producer - Philadelphia, Detroit, Memphis, Washington? We all have our soft spots, and Detroit usually wins out but I'd welcome your opinion. And don't say Blackpool. :D

Stuart

After the Fat Larry record.

It has to be Detroit because I grew up on Motown, and it will always be in my blood.

Plus it was my second home for a while.

Followed by Chicago.

Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

Good idea to close part one, it was too much to wade through. Hopefully this one will not get out of hand.

Part One wasn't out of hand. The last few pages had settled down very pleasantly and the trolls seem to have backed off.

Personally I'm sorry we had to start again. I'd much much rather the original had just continued. But it's not my choice, and I merely did as I was asked.

Social source share

Well i hope this thread keep's me amused and as interested as much as the other, as i get's a bit boring out here in the middle of the North - Sea.

By the way hello Ian long time no see or speak.

Wally Francis

What WAS it that you used to call yourself on ANS ???????

Social source share

Took me till a second thread to catch up on all this!

I will be getting a copy of the DVD when it comes out, as the reasoning behind it makes more sense now I have read about it.

Reading the thread I was saddened to learn that Freddie Butler had passed away. On a record trip to Detroit in the early 90s (with Geoff W) we were introduced to Freddie by a scootering friend of mine. My friend worked in a hardware store, and Freddie was a plumber and used to come into the shop all the time. I think his business was Freddie & Sons. I still have his business card somewhere. Geoff and I had a great chat with him - he picked us up in Caddy and drove us around detroit. The DVD will be a great momento where I can say "I met that guy!" when his song comes on.

Thanks for the hard work Ian (and all the others who have worked on the project)

Gene

Social source share

After taking a bit of break foom soulsource i recently rejoined ,about the same time this thread started , must say, that i thought at the start what the hell is I.L. doing he is gonna get slaughtered on here ...but you have defended your corner well and in my oponion breathed some life back into this site with this thread (now thats what i call irony ) . I dont agree with some of the things you have said and think you have ruffled a few feathers but i am sure people will get over it. anyway congrats and thanks for an interesting read :D

Social source share

Took me till a second thread to catch up on all this!

I will be getting a copy of the DVD when it comes out, as the reasoning behind it makes more sense now I have read about it.

Reading the thread I was saddened to learn that Freddie Butler had passed away. On a record trip to Detroit in the early 90s (with Geoff W) we were introduced to Freddie by a scootering friend of mine. My friend worked in a hardware store, and Freddie was a plumber and used to come into the shop all the time. I think his business was Freddie & Sons. I still have his business card somewhere. Geoff and I had a great chat with him - he picked us up in Caddy and drove us around detroit. The DVD will be a great momento where I can say "I met that guy!" when his song comes on.

Thanks for the hard work Ian (and all the others who have worked on the project)

Gene

Freddy Butler was lovely.

I know a lot of people we filmed did pass away. I guess it's inevitable when the songs are already forty five years old in some cases.

I typed a list in part one of a lot of the ones who I know are gone. The problem is that some of the more obscure ones may have left us without any of us being aware. I only found out about Tommy Ridgley because someone took the trouble to phone me because he had asked them to.

Are there any other sad losses I may not be aware of ??

These treasures are all in the box set, and all have since left us...

The Carstairs, Erma Franklin, James Fountain, Tommy Ridgley, Emanuel Lasky, Freddy Butler. Joe Stubbs, Willie Hutch, Otis Leavill, Johnny Moore, two thirds of The Lovetones, ALL The Tempos, Doris Troy, Little Ann, Sam Ward, Saundra Edwards, Edwin Starr, Earl Van Dyke, Bobby Sheen, Jackie Day, C.P. Spencer, Walter lead singer of The Olympics, Bob Relf, Ray Pollard

When you see the list like that, it's pretty damn sobering.

Have I forgotten any ??

Social source share

After taking a bit of break foom soulsource i recently rejoined ,about the same time this thread started , must say, that i thought at the start what the hell is I.L. doing he is gonna get slaughtered on here ...but you have defended your corner well and in my oponion breathed some life back into this site with this thread (now thats what i call irony ) . I dont agree with some of the things you have said and think you have ruffled a few feathers but i am sure people will get over it. anyway congrats and thanks for an interesting read

You are most most most most welcome.

Social source share

Reading the thread I was saddened to learn that Freddie Butler had passed away. On a record trip to Detroit in the early 90s (with Geoff W) we were introduced to Freddie by a scootering friend of mine.

Actually, Gene, that was you and me, not Geoff. Remember we ate breakfast with him at a diner and then sat in the back seat of his Cadillac while he sang his songs. I still have his business card "Fred and Sons Plumbing".

Your scooter friend had a very cool early 1960's Lincoln with suicide doors that he was selling. And I remember him trying to think of Freddie's name. He said "some guy who recorded at Motown" was a regular customer of his. Butler something. And we went through the list... Billy? Jerry? Freddie? Yep, that's him...

Social source share

Actually, Gene, that was you and me, not Geoff. Remember we ate breakfast with him at a diner and then sat in the back seat of his Cadillac while he sang his songs. I still have his business card "Fred and Sons Plumbing".

Your scooter friend had a very cool early 1960's Lincoln with suicide doors that he was selling. And I remember him trying to think of Freddie's name. He said "some guy who recorded at Motown" was a regular customer of his. Butler something. And we went through the list... Billy? Jerry? Freddie? Yep, that's him...

Doh!!!!

You're right!

Chris Palmer (went to New Orleans to work at a scooter shop later) was the one who knew Freddie. I forget the name of the guy with the suicide door car, he had a Carmen Ghia as well...but I might be wrong. Too much 2 stroke fume.

Geoff and I met Gino Washington. Don't know how I got that confused!

Edited by Gene
Social source share

Greg

Has anyone else passed away that we don't know about ??

Are Robert Banks, Ken Williams, Alfie Davison, Eddie Parker, Lorraine Chandler, Tony Middleton, Lee Andrews, Jimmy Burns, Theresa Lindsay, Willie Kendrick, Garland Green, Lou Johnson, Rose Battiste, Clifford Curry, all still in good health, and well, and okay ?? I haven't had any contact with them for nearly ten years so I would like to know they're all still okay.

I forgot to mention George Williams, lead singer of The Tymes, in the list of who'd sadly passed away.

Social source share

We end the last thread with 2,984 posts on it, and 85,633 views.

I would be very interested to find out if other Soul Source threads had ever reached that number, and if so in how much time ??

I wonder if we broke any records.

Ian, speaking of records. I am from Blackpool and still live here. In my youth I used to go in Sinfonia record shop on Cookson Street.

A great soul place run by Sandy Mountain and his sister, Freda. Sandy was the soul guru after you and his shop was full of soul as was his house on Lytham Road. Went there one day and it was rammed with un-played soul.

Is Sandy/Freda still around? It must be 15 years since I saw Sandy

Cheers

Social source share

Ian, speaking of records. I am from Blackpool and still live here. In my youth I used to go in Sinfonia record shop on Cookson Street.

A great soul place run by Sandy Mountain and his sister, Freda. Sandy was the soul guru after you and his shop was full of soul as was his house on Lytham Road. Went there one day and it was rammed with un-played soul.

Is Sandy/Freda still around? It must be 15 years since I saw Sandy

Cheers

Didn't he pass away, or am I remembering wrong ??

Can someone else from Blackpool confirm this ???

Bob Stevens was his best friend, and it was Bob who had the big soul collection. Sandy's was mainly pop.

Social source share

Greg

Has anyone else passed away that we don't know about ??

Are Robert Banks, Ken Williams, Alfie Davison, Eddie Parker, Lorraine Chandler, Tony Middleton, Lee Andrews, Jimmy Burns, Theresa Lindsay, Willie Kendrick, Garland Green, Lou Johnson, Rose Battiste, Clifford Curry, all still in good health, and well, and okay ?? I haven't had any contact with them for nearly ten years so I would like to know they're all still okay.

I forgot to mention George Williams, lead singer of The Tymes, in the list of who'd sadly passed away.

Jimmy Burns and Garland Green are still alive and still perform. I saw garland green perform a couple of months ago, he came up and sang during a harvey scales show.

Social source share

Jimmy Burns and Garland Green are still alive and still perform. I saw garland green perform a couple of months ago, he came up and sang during a harvey scales show.

Fantastic.

He's one of my all time favourite singers.

Social source share

For anyone who is genuinely interested, here's the official discography of Motorcity Records. There were some that never got released, but this is the official list.

THE OFFICIAL MOTORCITY SINGLES DISCOGRAPHY.

TWENTY EIGHT MOTORCITY RELEASES ON THE NIGHTMARE LABEL.

MARE 26 - KIM WESTON - SIGNAL YOUR INTENTION

MARE 28 - THE VELVELETTES - NEEDLE IN A HAYSTACK

MARE 30 - MARV JOHNSON AND CAROLYN GILL - AINT NOTHING LIKE THE REAL THING

MARE 33 - MARY WELLS - DON'T BURN YOUR BRIDGES

MARE 39 - MARY WILSON - DON'T GET MAD GET EVEN

MARE 51 - MARV JOHNSON - BY HOOK OR BY CROOK

MARE 53 - BRENDA HOLLOWAY - GIVE ME A LITTLE INSPIRATION

MARE 55 - KIM WESTON - HELPLESS

MARE 59 - JIMMY RUFFIN - WAKE ME UP WHEN IT'S OVER

MARE 60 - THE VELVELETTES - RUNNING OUT OF LUCK

MARE 72 - KIM WESTON - WHO'S GONNA HAVE THE LAST LAUGH

MARE 73 - JIMMY RUFFIN AND BRENDA HOLLOWAY - ON THE REBOUND

MARE 82 - BOBBY TAYLOR AND THE VANCOUVERS - DO UNTO OTHERS

MARE 85 - SCHERRIE PAYNE - PURE ENERGY

MARE 89 - BARBARA RANDOLPH - I GOT A FEELING

MARE 92 - THE ELGINS - HEAVEN MUST HAVE SENT YOU

MARE 94 - CHOKER CAMPBELL - AFTER DARK

MARE 96 - C.P. SPENCER - ONE HEART FOR HIRE

MARE 97 - THE ANDANTES - LIGHTNING NEVER STRIKES TWICE

MARE 99 - RICHARD 'POPCORN' WYLIE - LOVE IS MY MIDDLE NAME

MARE 102 - SYLVIA MOY - MAJOR INVESTMENT

MARE 103 - CHUCK JACKSON - ALL OVER THE WORLD

MARE 104 - HATTIE LITTLES - RUNNING A FEVER

MARE 105 - MARV JOHNSON - RUN LIKE A RABBIT

MARE 106 - IVY JO HUNTER - EYEWITNESS NEWS

MARE 110 - FRANKIE GAYE AND KIM WESTON - IT TAKES TWO

MARE 116 - THE VELVELETTES - PULL MY HEARTSTRINGS

MARE 117 - EARL VAN DYKE - DETROIT CITY

119 RELEASES ON THE ACTUAL MOTORCITY LABEL

MOTC 1 - BILLY GRIFFIN - FIRST IN LINE

MOTC 2 - MARY WELLS - YOU'RE THE ANSWER TO MY DREAMS

MOTC 3 - SISTERS LOVE - NO MORE BROKEN HEARTS

MOTC 4 - SYREETA - IF THE SHOE FITS

MOTC 5 - SAMMY WARD - IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED

MOTC 6 - THE MOTORCITY ALL STARS feat.LEVI STUBBS -I CAN'T HELP MYSELF

MOTC 7 - MARY WILSON - OOOH CHILD

MOTC 8 - THE FANTASTIC FOUR - WORKING ON A BUILDING OF LOVE

MOTC 9 - CAROLYN CRAWFORD - TIMELESS

MOTC 10 - EDWIN STARR - LETS FALL IN LOVE TONIGHT

MOTC 11 - MARTHA REEVES AND THE VANDELLAS - STEP INTO MY SHOES

MOTC 12 - KIM WESTON - EMOTION

MOTC 13 - THE SUPREMES - CRAZY BOUT THE GUY

MOTC 14 - THE VALADIERS - TRUTH HURTS

MOTC 15 - CLAUDETTE ROBINSON - HURRY UP

MOTC 16 - THE MARVELETTES - HOLDING ON WITH BOTH HANDS

MOTC 17 - FREDDIE GORMAN - I JUST KEEP FALLING IN LOVE

MOTC 18 - JOE STUBBS - DESTINATION UNKNOWN

MOTC 19 - G.C. CAMERON - IT'S A SHAME

MOTC 20 - THE CONTOURS - FACE UP TO THE FACT

MOTC 21 - JOHNNY BRISTOL - MAN UP IN THE SKY

MOTC 22 - THE MONITORS - STANDING STILL

MOTC 23 - FRANKIE GAYE - EXTRAORDINARY GIRL

MOTC 24 - FRANCES NERO - FOOTSTEPS FOLLOWING ME

MOTC 25 - J.J. BARNES - BUILD A FOUNDATION

MOTC 26 - CHUCK JACKSON - RELIGHT MY FIRE

MOTC 27 - CHRIS CLARK - FROM HEAD TO TOE

MOTC 28 - LIZ LANDS - STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN

MOTC 29 - HATTIE LITTLES - YOU'RE THE FIRST, THE LAST, MY EVERYTHING

MOTC 30 - HERMAN GRIFFIN - NOT ONE CHANCE IN A MILLION

MOTC 31 - RARE EARTH - LOVE IS HERE AND NOW YOU'RE GONE

MOTC 32 - THE SATINTONES - PERFECT COMBINATION

MOTC 33 - DAVID RUFFIN - HURT THE ONE YOU LOVE

MOTC 34 - SAUNDRA EDWARDS - TELL A FOOL GOODBYE

MOTC 35 - RONNIE McNEIR - KEEP ON GIVING ME LOVE / LUCKY NUMBER

MOTC 36 - SHERRI TAYLOR - WEAK HEARTED

MOTC 37 - THE THREE OUNCES OF LOVE - NEWSY NEIGHBOURS

MOTC 38 - MARTHA REEVES AND G.C. CAMERON - YOU'RE ALL I NEED TO GET BY

MOTC 39 - BETTYE LAVETTE - SURRENDER

MOTC 40 - LOIS REEVES - PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE

MOTC 41 - EDWIN STARR - BREAKING DOWN THE WALLS OF HEARTACHE

MOTC 42 - THE SUPREMES - STONED LOVE

MOTC 43 - THE ELGINS - IT'S SENSATIONAL

MOTC 44 - BEANS BOWLES AND THE SWINGING TYGERS - MOTORCITY MAGIC

MOTC 45 - THE CONTOURS - RUNNING IN CIRCLES

MOTC 46 - G.C. CAMERON - GOOD TIMES UP AHEAD

MOTC 47 - JOHNNY BRISTOL - KEEP THIS THOUGHT IN MIND

MOTC 48 - KIM WESTON - MY HEART'S NOT MADE OF STONE

MOTC 49 - LYNDA LAURENCE - LIVING WITH A MARRIED MAN

MOTC 50 - MARV JOHNSON - COME TO ME

MOTC 51 - THE VELVELETTES - IT KEEPS REMINDING ME [of happy memories]

MOTC 52 - THE MIRACLES - LOVE MACHINE

MOTC 53 - THE UNDISPUTED TRUTH - THE LAW OF THE LAND

MOTC 54 - BARBARA McNAIR - FACE TO FACE WITH LOVE

MOTC 55 - BILLY PRESTON AND SYREETA - WATCHING THE HANDS OF TIME

MOTC 56 - BRENDA HOLLOWAY - HOT AND COLD

MOTC 57 - EARL VAN DYKE - LET THE MUSIC TAKE YOU AWAY

MOTC 58 - THE SUPREMES AND THE ORIGINALS - BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND

MOTC 59 - THE LOVETONES - TURN THIS HEART AROUND

MOTC 60 - MABLE JOHN - TIME STOPS

MOTC 61 - THE MIRACLES - FUN TIME

MOTC 62 - P.J. - DOWN FOR THE THIRD TIME

MOTC 63 - PETE HOORELBEKE - TALK TO THE WORLD

MOTC 64 - THE VALADIERS - WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME BABY

MOTC 65 - VEE - YOU'RE MY LOVELINE

MOTC 66 - SUSAYE GREENE - STOP I NEED YOU NOW

MOTC 67 - EDWIN STARR - TWENTY FIVE MILES

MOTC 68 - RICHARD 'POPCORN' WYLIE - SEE THIS MAN IN LOVE

MOTC 69 - FRANKIE GAYE - MY BROTHER

MOTC 70 - ORTHEIA BARNES - WITHOUT YOUR LOVE

MOTC 71 - THE MARVELETTES - HEY WHAT'S YOUR NAME

MOTC 72 - BILLY GRIFFIN - TECHNICOLOUR

MOTC 73 - LINDA GRINER - TOO LATE FOR TEARS

MOTC 74 - VERMETTYA ROYSTER - GIVE ME YOUR LOVE

MOTC 75 - HATTIE LITTLES - WAITING FOR THE DAY / NEVER SAY NEVER

MOTC 76 - PAT LEWIS - NO RIGHT TURN AHEAD

MOTC 77 - THE SUPREMES - I WANT TO BE LOVED

MOTC 78 - JOE STUBBS - YOU'RE MY ETERNITY

MOTC 79 - SUSAYE GREENE - FREE

MOTC 80 - FRANCES NERO - MAKING MY DAYDREAM REAL

MOTC 81 - RONNIE McNEIR - TAKE THE FIRST STEP / WHOLEHEARTEDLY

MOTC 82 - EDWIN STARR - JUST ANOTHER FOOL IN LOVE

MOTC 83 - BETTYE LAVETTE - GOOD LUCK

MOTC 84 - JAKE JACAS - YOU CAN'T TURN BACK

MOTC 85 - BILLY PRESTON - YOU ARE THE RHYTHM IN MY LIFE

MOTC 86 - HATTIE LITTLES - I'VE NEVER FOUND A MAN[to love me like you]

MOTC 87 - J.J. BARNES - I'VE SEEN THE LIGHT

MOTC 88 - THE SUPREMES - HIT AND MISS

MOTC 89 - G.C. CAMERON - NO NEED TO EXPLAIN

MOTC 90 - FRANCES NERO - YOU'RE THE PUSH BEHIND ME

MOTC 91 - IVY JO HUNTER - RUNNING THROUGH MY FINGERS

MOTC 92 - BARBARA McNAIR - TALKING IN MY SLEEP

MOTC 93 - BILLY ECKSTINE - GOT THE BIG CITY BLUES

MOTC 94 - SCHERRIE PAYNE - ONE MORE TIME

MOTC 95 - BLINKY - GOOD FOR NOTHING

MOTC 96 - KAREN PREE - GIRL WITH A BROKEN HEART

MOTC 97 - BILLY GRIFFIN - TRUE CONFESSIONS

MOTC 98 - THE THREE OUNCES OF LOVE - EVIL ONE

MOTC 99 - FRANKIE GAYE - I FEEL IT TOO

MOTC 100-VARIOUS ARTISTS-THE MOTORCITY MIX[Don't Forget the Motorcity]

MOTC 101 - JAKE JACAS - TWO WAY STREET

MOTC 102 - RONNIE McNEIR - TEN TIMES A DAY

MOTC 103 - BARBARA RANDOLPH - SOUL SEARCHING

MOTC 104 - EDWIN STARR - WHERE IS THE SOUND

MOTC 105 - PAT LEWIS - [Ooo Wee Oooh] SWEETEST FEELING

MOTC 106 - THE MARVELETTES - SECRET LOVE AFFAIR

MOTC 107 - MARTHA REEVES AND THE VANDELLAS - ANGEL IN DISGUISE

MOTC 108 - SAUNDRA EDWARDS - LOVESTRUCK

MOTC 109 - LYNDA LAURENCE - FRESH OUT OF TEARS

MOTC 110 - J.J. BARNES - ON TOP OF THE WORLD

MOTC 111 - THE ORIGINALS - TAKE THE ONLY WAY OUT

MOTC 112 - SISTERS LOVE - SATURDAY NIGHT SUNDAY MORNING

MOTC 113 - LINDA GRINER - NOT THIS TIME

MOTC 114 - EDWIN STARR - DARLING DARLING BABY / WAIT FOR ME

MOTC 115 - THE CONTOURS - HEAVEN SENT

MOTC 116 - MARV JOHNSON - IT'S MAGIC BETWEEN US

MOTC 117 - MARY WELLS - WALK THE CITY STREETS

MOTC 118 - THE ANDANTES - ALL AROUND THE MOTOR CITY

MOTC 119 - JAKE JACAS - DON'T KNOW WHEN TO DANCE

PLUS, THERE WERE JUST FOUR U.S. RELEASES [ALL 45'S] ON THE MOTORCITY

LABEL, RELEASED IN CAROLINA.

USMO 4501 - IVY JO HUNTER - RUNNING THROUGH MY FINGERS / STORM CLOUDS

USMO 4502 - THE SUPREMES AND THE ORIGINALS - BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND / YOUR LOVE KEEPS LIFTING ME

USMO 4503 - THE CONTOURS - LOOK OUT FOR THE STOP SIGN / GONNA WIN YOU BACK

USMO 4504 - MIKE AND THE MODIFIERS - WAITING ROUND THE CORNER / SENSELESS

Well, for those who were interested, I hope that's some use to you.

That's the absolute finite definitive list, from out of my personal files. Motorcity folded up in 1992, after a DISASTROUS deal with Morgan Khan's new distribution company, which truly put the final nail in the

Motorcity coffin.

There were a large number of albums and CDs but I never compiled the definitive list.

Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

Another great tune on u tube IAN :huh: ,keep it up :P

It's interesting that without constant harrassment, a number of genuine people are emerging who enjoy and appreciate what I do.

PLEASE lets hope it stays this way. It's a much more enjoyable place.

Social source share

I remember watching Ray Pollard perform at a Yarmouth weekender about 18/20 years ago :P

Hearing him sing "The Drifter" help me achieve one of my life long ambitions :P as it is one of my all time faves

So sad when I heard he had passed away :P

:huh: Garland Green also performed at that weekender :(

Social source share

I remember watching Ray Pollard perform at a Yarmouth weekender about 18/20 years ago :P

Hearing him sing "The Drifter" help me achieve one of my life long ambitions :P as it is one of my all time faves

I put Ray Pollard doing the Drifter at Yarmouth up on youtube Moggy - it was one that got taken down when they banned me for putting up a Motown track

Social source share

I wish Les Cokell had gotten to see Ray Pollard just one time.

Social source share

Could Part Two beat it ?????

Lets hope not Ian

You got so many views because of the cat fights with other forum members.. If it was all nice and clean then you would still get plenty views but not the whole world looking to see if world war 3 was starting.. :huh:

Don't worry, its not about how many views, its about the quality of the posts on each topic..

Social source share

I put Ray Pollard doing the Drifter at Yarmouth up on youtube Moggy - it was one that got taken down when they banned me for putting up a Motown track

:huh:Motown tack WTF

Don't suppoes theres any chance of putting it on here is there Pete :P

Social source share

Lets hope not Ian

You got so many views because of the cat fights with other forum members.. If it was all nice and clean then you would still get plenty views but not the whole world looking to see if world war 3 was starting.. :P

Don't worry, its not about how many views, its about the quality of the posts on each topic..

I think the line under the main subject header says it all "Continuing on from the Sixty Pages in Part One."

Come on Ian admit it you may have a little bit of an ego thing going on there!

Simon :huh:

Social source share