Ian Levine, Motorcity, Centre City, Blackpool Mecca, And Swons

Guest in town Mikey

If people are civil and polite then I am respectful.

But if someone says they hate all my music, and that it is substandard, then they cannot expect any respect back from me whatsoever. I will endeavour to still be civil, but that person has then earned the title of "waste of time" in my own mind, I'm sad to report. I actually believe some of these people are so blinkered as to be unable to perceive their own objectionable bias. And I really can't be bothered with them, however dismissive that sounds.

I dont mean myself Ian. And I dont hate all your stuff, as I have said, I even own LJ Johnson, and a couple of others that I cant remember right now. Weakspot, 24 hours etc

Social source share

A Magician worked on a cruise ship. The audience was different each week so the magician did the same tricks over and over again.

There was only one problem: the captain's parrot saw the shows each week and began to understand how the magician did every trick. Once he understood, he started shouting in the middle of the show, 'Look, it's not the same hat!' or 'Look, he's hiding the flowers under the table!' or 'Hey, why are all the cards the ace of spades?'

The magician was furious but couldn't do anything. It was, after all, the captain's parrot.

Then one stormy night on the Pacific, the ship unfortunately sank, drowning almost all who were on board. The magician luckily found himself on a piece of wood floating in the middle of the sea with, as fate would have it, the parrot.

They stared at each other with hatred but did not utter a word. This went on for a day... and then 2 days... and then 3 days.

Finally on The 4th day, the parrot could hold back no longer and said......

'O K , I give up. Where's the f£#

:thumbup:

Social source share

See, hey Gavin, why dont you go F--k yourself mate. Im sick of these wimpy bully boys...nowt to do with soul. Feel free to PM or facebook me Gav...you Knob. "You will be dealt with."..joker

Dont lower yourself to that standard Paul

you summed it up with the word "JOKER"

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Kev has done so so so very much in his lifetime, and when he is belittled, he, like me, retaliates.

I also have no respect or patience with those people who jump on a soapbox to criticise, when all they have done is buy a few records, or been a DJ at a local night somewhere, yet claim they know more or are somehow more worthy than those who have given a lifetime of service to the music they love.

It's all too easy to retaliate in anger and then have every word forced back down your throat by people with nothing better to occupy their time.

Ian, I have attended soul event's for the last 37 years, which, I belive gives me a right to comment on the soul scene. I may not have done any of the things you and kev have done, to contribute to the scene, but that does not make you, or him, a better person than me, or give you the right to talk down to me. Can only those that have made records, organises events, discovered artists and brought them over, etc have the right to comment? I am not belittling you or Kev, I just believe that all are created equal, and achievements, or lack of them, does not make anyone better or worse than anyone else. Barry Norman has never made a film, but he can critisize others productions and is respected for his views and opinions.

He doesn't have to have Spielbergs output to be able to say he doesn't rate his latest effort. It's not belittling, unless you set yourself on a pedestal above everyone else because you feel your achievements warrant it, in which case, you deserve to be pulled down.

I have no personal axe to grind against anyone, but I will not be talked down to by anyone, no-one has that right,not even the Queen of England. Her posisition does not make her superior, or a better person than me, and I will not bow to anyone, because they expect, or demand it, just because of who they are, what they have done, or achieved. I respect people for who they are as a person. If they treat me with respect, the respect every human being is entitled to, then I will treat them the same. it's common decency, no more, no less.

Social source share

Levine and his (pathetic :thumbup: ) bully boys seem to be trying to control this forum via threats.....the man (mmm?) has shown his true colours and they are not those of fairness and debate. Spoilt and aggressive behaviour such as sending threats should NOT be tolerated and certainly has nothing to do with the scene I am a part of. James why dont you get the police involved on both threats,? Its a crime to send such things ( i work for Youth Offending and just checked!) Levine is always threatening libel, hes overstepped the mark here,. Report him and sad Gavin to the Police...please.

Social source share

Thats sh-te. If someone is threatened as the result of a thread, its an issue for the site and the person sending threats should be banned. So, keep your German system and sensibilities mate. If there was NO consequensce to private threats as a result of on site debate, there would be no on site debat.e only a threatening dictatorship....sound familiar mate?

1) The message Trouble posted wasn't threatening it was insulting. bit of a difference, isn't it?

2) If threatening and/or insulting PM's are sent to a member it's an issue for the site owners/administrators. Consequences should be made by them and neither by you, me, Tom, Dick, Harry.

3) Please spare me with crap like "... your german system.." or "dictatorship ... sound familiar mate?". I don't see any relevance of what Trouble did to the country I come from.

Now back to lurking for me.

Social source share

I've got an Ian Levine production in my play box. That's the truth, it may even get a spin this weekend in Clacton.

Play it and you will be delt wiv :thumbup:

Social source share

Ian sent me this email this morning.

You really are a fucking pest.

Now you got my thread closed down altogether.

You think it's all a joke and everyone likes you really.

You are fucking with everything that I believe in. Therefore you are making an enemy for life.

And you ARE a fascist.

WHO THE f*** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE to tell me how I should make my music, how my sound should be rougher, where I'm going wrong.

That, added to Croasdell's BAREFACED lies make me wanna hurl.

I want you to stay away from that thread.

I don't want to read your shit, I have no interest in you, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, your taste in music is of no interest to me, I don't want to exist in a world where I have to deal with cockroaches like you.

NOW f*** OF AND STEER CLEAR, YOU c***.

I am now deleting you as a friend. I don't want any association with a c*** like you in any way, shape, or form.

I think Ian, you need to realise that when you participate on a forum, where debate is encouraged, you need to be able to accept critisism without hating the person who critisises. You need to understand the rules of the forum you are taking part in, and realise that emails like this in response to posts are against forum rules. They damage the community and undermine the foundations of what makes this place so special.

Still cant believe people on here are prepared to have a go at trivia and says nothing on this crap......Im thinking of cantacting the authorities on this one...

Social source share

Levine and his (pathetic :thumbup: ) bully boys seem to be trying to control this forum via threats.....the man (mmm?) has shown his true colours and they are not those of fairness and debate. Spoilt and aggressive behaviour such as sending threats should NOT be tolerated and certainly has nothing to do with the scene I am a part of. James why dont you get the police involved on both threats,? Its a crime to send such things ( i work for Youth Offending and just checked!) Levine is always threatening libel, hes overstepped the mark here,. Report him and sad Gavin to the Police...please.

Oh, and you've been fair in your posts have you?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Play it and you will be delt wiv :thumbup:

Nah, it's alright, decent uptempo dancer. Depends on the crowd, moggy. Let's see shall we... laugh.gif

Now, can we get back on subject and talk about what he started this thread for, to talk about and discuss his latest "Northern Soul 2008" offering?

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

You are fucking with everything that I believe in. Therefore you are making an enemy for life.

And you ARE a fascist.

WHO THE f*** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE to tell me how I should make my music, how my sound should be rougher, where I'm going wrong.

I don't want to read your shit, I have no interest in you, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, your taste in music is of no interest to me, I don't want to exist in a world where I have to deal with cockroaches like you.

I am now deleting you as a friend. I don't want any association with a c*** like you in any way, shape, or form.

I think Ian, you need to realise that when you participate on a forum, where debate is encouraged, you need to be able to accept critisism without hating the person who critisises. You need to understand the rules of the forum you are taking part in, and realise that emails like this in response to posts are against forum rules. They damage the community and undermine the foundations of what makes this place so special.

Still cant believe people on here are prepared to have a go at trivia and says nothing on this crap......Im thinking of cantacting the authorities on this one...

F*cking do it then and stop whinging

Social source share

Thats sh-te. If someone is threatened as the result of a thread, its an issue for the site and the person sending threats should be banned. So, keep your German system and sensibilities mate. If there was NO consequensce to private threats as a result of on site debate, there would be no on site debat.e only a threatening dictatorship....sound familiar mate?

Not nice pal............you are touching on subjects that have NOTHING to do with music - just (political) censorship and, ultimately, mass-genocide - you are alluding to a very dark time in human history and it has no place on here and I know most people out there will agree - get a grip!

Horrible post - completely unnecessary - totally over the top and nasty...how can you think it's okay to say something like that to a fellow soul music lover? Totally, totally out of order Paul - I'm completely gutted that somebody would post up something like that on here - you've just spoiled my day....no sides being taken here - just complete disgust at the lack of human decency shown here...

MRez

Social source share

After him putting up "Levine Must Go" posters in Scenesville, I'm not quite certain how fair it seems that he came down to the Rocket to hand out Scenesville fliers.

Do you think HONESTLY think that was playing the game fairly ????

Nick didn't put the posters up, he didn't know anything about them until they were up. He didn't take them down either,

Social source share

Whats that got to do with the forum? (James' private message)

It was a personal and private message to him on facebook, where I deleted him from my list of friends on there.

It was extremely private, was sent as such, and had nothing whatsoever to do with this forum, and I object to it being reproduced, but as I have vowed to not answer anything else from this person, I am not about to challenge him on it, and am merely agreeing with you, Pete Smith, and explaining to you that it was a private facebook message.

I was not aware that private correspondence on facebook had anything whatsoever to do with Soul Source.

Social source share

1) The message Trouble posted wasn't threatening it was insulting. bit of a difference, isn't it?

It was threatening, telling him to "stay away".

2) If threatening and/or insulting PM's are sent to a member it's an issue for the site owners/administrators. Consequences should be made by them and neither by you, me, Tom, Dick, Harry.

Its a free speech forum.

3) Please spare me with crap like "... your german system.." or "dictatorship ... sound familiar mate?". I don't see any relevance of what Trouble did to the country I come from.

Didn't mean it that way, shows your inherentely troubled mind. :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

And you ARE a fascist.

It's ok, Paul. My accountant has the print offs and details of what's been going on locked in a safe.

Social source share

Not nice pal............you are touching on subjects that have NOTHING to do with music - just (political) censorship and, ultimately, mass-genocide - you are alluding to a very dark time in human history and it has no place on here and I know most people out there will agree - get a grip!

Horrible post - completely unnecessary - totally over the top and nasty...how can you think it's okay to say something like that to a fellow soul music lover? Totally, totally out of order Paul - I'm completely gutted that somebody would post up something like that on here - you've just spoiled my day....no sides being taken here - just complete disgust at the lack of human decency shown here...

MRez

Didn't pitch it like that. Your predjudice reading mate., so get off your soapbox. Funny how you ALL come out over sh--te, but dont give a f--k about Levines behaviour...sad aand pathetic. Human decency.?..selective process that ? Is It?

Social source share

Gavin Stearn

August 27 at 3:42pm

Report Message

you are having a laugh ,

you need to know your place c***, and having a go at my mate on SS is way out of order,

you will be delt with

Gavin

That's shocking, everyone knows you spell it dealt!

Simon :thumbup:

Social source share

Didn't mean it that way, shows your inherentely troubled mind. :thumbup:

Paul - you're the one with the troubled fooking mind.

Social source share

OK Stop the fookin bus, for just one cotton pickin moment and listen

I now have to leave work :lol:

I am orf to get my haircut as I resemble Stig of the fookin dump at this moment in time

I have loved every minute of this thread yes.gif

And dont want anyone chucked off or banned

So can we calm down a tadd :D

And can you all remember to cut back on the postings

cos when I get home from the barbers with my new flick back stylee hair doo

I done want to be wadeing through hours of post's

Thats all I have to say

Thank you for your time

Stevie, I told you it was better than Dallas.

Social source share

And you ARE a fascist.

Now, shall we get back onto the topic? Shall we talk about your productions?

OUTRAGEOUS and Mark Has no comment on human decency with this one...ha! Joker

Social source share

OK Stop the fookin bus, for just one cotton pickin moment and listen

I now have to leave work :lol:

I am orf to get my haircut as I resemble Stig of the fookin dump at this moment in time

I have loved every minute of this thread yes.gif

And dont want anyone chucked off or banned

So can we calm down a tadd :D

And can you all remember to cut back on the postings

cos when I get home from the barbers with my new flick back stylee hair doo

I done want to be wadeing through hours of post's

Thats all I have to say

Thank you for your time

Stevie, I told you it was better than Dallas.

You're asking for a private threat, you are

Social source share

I'm only registered to a handful of german and international discussion forums (most of them not northern soul related) but they all got one thing in common: immediate ban for a member posting private messages on the board. James, if I was a admin I'd ban you for at least a week NOW!

Not only that Benji, but it was a specifically PRIVATE message on facebok, where James Trouble had asked to be my friend on there and I had foolishly accepted his request, long before I started this thread and came up against his bullying. So I sent him a personal and private message on facebook to point out to him that I was deleting his friendship.

I fail to see what any of that has to do with Soul Source.

Social source share

You really do sound silly. Why don't you go and contact the authorities - it might keep you from posting on here for a while. Do you really think the "authorities" would be interested in your complaint?

wink.gif Your sense of irony seems to be lost within your deep love for Ian mate... Like ALL of his crew, you lack any humour, perspective or subtlety...

You do sound silly

Edited by paul-s
Social source share

Shocking behaviour and language You obviously never got to know Ady very well otherwise you would know that he has no reason to lie, and isnt the sort of person that would lie anyway.

It was a personal and private comment to someone on facebook and was not intended for this forum. I would never have been so publicly scathing of Adi Croasdell, no matter what I feel inside, because, despite our past differences, I do have some respect for him, although none at all for the person who posted my private comments.

Social source share

It was a personal and private comment to someone on facebook and was not intended for this forum. I would never have been so publicly scathing of Adi Croasdell, no matter what I feel inside, because, despite our past differences, I do have some respect for him, although none at all for the person who posted my private comments.

Whats the difference between being publicly scathing and privately ? Other than hypocrisy and a desire to hide the real you from your friends on here of course.

I assume you told him to his face what you thought because you're so principled ?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Why don't you post the private messages I sent you and your man? You know, get me back. Or shall I save you the bother and do it for you?

Anyway, back on topic. James Wells, a mate of mine said this was big at Wigan? Is that right?

Social source share

Ian, I have attended soul event's for the last 37 years, which, I belive gives me a right to comment on the soul scene. I may not have done any of the things you and kev have done, to contribute to the scene, but that does not make you, or him, a better person than me, or give you the right to talk down to me. Can only those that have made records, organises events, discovered artists and brought them over, etc have the right to comment? I am not belittling you or Kev, I just believe that all are created equal, and achievements, or lack of them, does not make anyone better or worse than anyone else. Barry Norman has never made a film, but he can critisize others productions and is respected for his views and opinions.

He doesn't have to have Spielbergs output to be able to say he doesn't rate his latest effort. It's not belittling, unless you set yourself on a pedestal above everyone else because you feel your achievements warrant it, in which case, you deserve to be pulled down.

I have no personal axe to grind against anyone, but I will not be talked down to by anyone, no-one has that right,not even the Queen of England. Her posisition does not make her superior, or a better person than me, and I will not bow to anyone, because they expect, or demand it, just because of who they are, what they have done, or achieved. I respect people for who they are as a person. If they treat me with respect, the respect every human being is entitled to, then I will treat them the same. it's common decency, no more, no less.

This is all fair enough but you have missed the point I was making.

Neither does it give people the position of superiority to stand on a soapbox and criticise without any comeback.

The internet allows cowards and self-opinionated tossers to make nuisances of themselves and harrass professionals. It happens even worse in the world of Doctor Who fandom, and there, as in here, I have no patience or tolerance threshold with it.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Sorry James, I cant listen to ANYTHING created by a bullying, soul- less person like Levine. Theres a morality involved and he seems to be lacking on ALL fronts (and he has a lot of fronts! :thumbup: ) A lot of them front up on here for him.

I'm not like that Paul. I judge the music on the music, not on a man's history or past.

Social source share

Personal and private...you sound like a politician....you pretend to be Mr nice and get SO upset and offended, like a little boy who spat the dummy, over people who disagree with you, and whilst posting on here how shocked and upset you are at peoples behaviour and complainingg to the site about me, you send Sh-t like that to James. YOU Mr Levine are a manipulator , you have shown it in your duplicitous behaviour and manipulative use of this forum.

Social source share

clearoi3.jpg

CLEAR !!! shout.gif

No I'm sorry this thread died of any meaningful soulful content long back..

Sorry this isn't in Feedback, but all the bickering & digs that still continue.. :thumbup:

All About The Soul, it ain't.. :D

ph34r.gifYou dont know me

But I know you

Any more of these type of post's

And yer Poodle gets it :lol:

Social source share