Ian Levine, Motorcity, Centre City, Blackpool Mecca, And Swons

I wasn't so pleased when you danced really close to the stage, and did one of your megaspins, whirling round thirty times like a top, and your hair, all three foot of it, used to whip bucketfulls of sweat all over the record decks.

Ooooh Behave!!! You loved it rolleyes.gif

Andy.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Mr M's???? You are kidding n'est pas?

The bloody place should have been barricaded up with everyone in it.

Mr M's - The place that gave birth to the oldies scene and closed so many ears to hearing new sounds. angry.gif

:lol:

This is a revelation to me. I hadn't thought of this before but it's so true. I'm one of those people who probably spent 80% of my time in M's and also pretty much only went to Oldies nighters in the last year. In my defence most of the stuff i heard in Mr M's in 1980 was 'new to my ears' since i hadn't been around long anyway, but it looks like i inadvertantly contributed to the birth of the oldies scene.

I feel like that character in 'A Sound of Thunder' who steps on a butterfly and changes the course of history. I'm truly sorry... :lol:

Social source share

ohmy.gif

This is a revelation to me. I hadn't thought of this before but it's so true. I'm one of those people who probably spent 80% of my time in M's and also pretty much only went to Oldies nighters in the last year. In my defence most of the stuff i heard in Mr M's in 1980 was 'new to my ears' since i hadn't been around long anyway, but it looks like i inadvertantly contributed to the birth of the oldies scene.

I feel like that character in 'A Sound of Thunder' who steps on a butterfly and changes the course of history. I'm truly sorry... :lol:

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Taken later when You decided to take up modelling! unsure.gif

Andy.

DSC01239.jpg

You should make this your avatar, Ian - that'll really wind up all the troublesome saddos on this thread :lol:

Social source share

Glad to see this thread has got back on track after this afternoon but feel a reminder is necessary -

have asked a couple of times for members to stop the wind ups, games, personal abuse etc

but am still wasting time dealing with such posts

this thread is the same as any other thread and deliberate attempts etc to damage it will be treated the same as per any other thread

Social source share

Additionally, a reminder that if you want to discuss concerns, moderation, etc, to do it in the Feedback forum - - NOT in the thread concerned. Also, if you wish to complain about a post or feel that it breaks the forum rules, DO NOT reply to it, but use the 'report' button at the bottom left hand corner of the post.

Thank you smile.gif

Social source share

Guest chartertime

I wasn't so pleased when you danced really close to the stage, and did one of your megaspins, whirling round thirty times like a top, and your hair, all three foot of it, used to whip bucketfulls of sweat all over the record decks.

Any more Mecca pictures - put them on great memories.

Social source share

I probably wrong here but was it Turner? This was taken at his parents B and B, Or was it Janets?

Andy.

What a fabulous pic of me on your avatar. Where on Earth did that come from ???

Social source share

Seeing I now have your Attention, Here's some more from those Halcyon days! ohmy.gif

They were taken outside The Railway on Sundays! Circa 72-74

DSC01265.jpg

Wow.

Evi

Legs

Me

Dave Wenlock

Joanne Leech

Wendy Lofthouse

John Bollen

BLOODY HELL !!!!!!

And where was Les Cokell ???

Edited by Ian Levine
Social source share

Wow.

Evi

Legs

Me

Dave Wenlock

Joanne Leech

Wendy Lofthouse

John Bollen

BLOODY HELL !!!!!!

And where was Les Cokell ???

Les could have been anywhere, He liked to go walkabout, Incidentally the girl at the front next to Wendy is not Joanne.

Andy.

Social source share

Even better, it should be posted in the SSLAAS topic - the girls won't know who it is - I certainly had to look two or three times

I assure you it was me. I posted up a couple that I like even better.

Social source share

Paint shop pro!

Shall I put some more up?

Andy.

Have you got more ??

I'm still confused where this one came from. I certainly don't have a copy, only those other two I posted up from this period, plus one my Mother has in a red rugby shirt with a similar brown background, but this one of yours I don't seem to have seen for nearly thirty years.

Social source share

Why am I carrying Wendy Lofthouse ??

And is that a very young Bernie Golding ???

Correct Ian - that is a young Bernard Golding , fresh from doing his paper round .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

You were'nt dancing next to him.

Believe me it was worse close up.

Kegsy

Social source share

Probably when they give Soul Sam a residency! :ohmy:

Andy.

Double decking with Ian's dead body of course :ohmy: ..........

I took the picture below shortly after the place closed ........

Malc Burton

post-5097-1220471706_thumb.png

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Have to agree with you. Couldn't understand why they felt the need to make them so tough. When I was told 'Foosteps' was going to be remixed I was expecting something much more Soulful. Especially from a label like Su Su. Great oppurtunity missed I'm afaid.

On suSU - not Su Su.

If you didn't like the remixes I respect your view, but I think the K-Klass remix is very Souful and I am proud of it. The original song is faithfully followed and the new strings and keyboards nicely complement the original but update it. The Soulful House crowd rejected it because it was not tough enough.

The Axwell remix of "High Energy" is not Soulful but is a real winner which again I am very happy to be associated with - if Concept had spent some money on marketing it would have been a huge hit.

Neil

Social source share

I took the picture below shortly after the place closed ........

Malc Burton

Cheers Malc, Last few here/DSC01234.jpgDSC01247.jpgDSC01283.jpgDSC01308.jpg

Social source share

I guarantee it is not Joanne!

Andy.

You are simply forgetting that that is what she looked like in 1972. All your photos of her are from 1974. Who else could it be anyway ?? Every other person on that pic was part of my inner circle of close friends.

Social source share

You look like a preppy college boy from the States.

That is not an insult by the way.

That was the exact look I went for, after realising that long hair was shit.

I even had authentic US college letterman jackets.

Social source share

More here everyone with the CORRECT Joanne!

DSC01318.jpg

AND Stuart Bremner.

After a certain "trouble"-some person kept asking to see a pic.

He looked even better than this when his hair was shorter, (and he was in gym kit), about four years before this pic, his wedding pic, was taken.

You've brought back ALL sorts of memories with this pic. Distant memories of my youth.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Malc Burton

Er, I think you really meant to say 'over' Ian's dead body, Malc?

Social source share

And go on then a few more for today!

DSC01242.jpg

I want to go back there again.

I want to look like that again.

New diet starts now.

I'm quite sad after seeing this, Andy, seriously sad.

Social source share