What Song?

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

cheers Pete thats the one. Now another question a few years ago i had a video and a couple of my mates are on it. I think it was at the astoria in leeds. the video had clips from other venues but my 2 mates are on the clip from the astoria. i unfortunately taped coronation street over boy was i gutted does the astoria clip ring a bell with anyone and is it still kicking around.

Social source share

ffs i forgot about that i fell out with a lot of mods in Edinburgh over that song they wanted me to play it for the dancefloor so i threw it on the floor for them ... happy days

Social source share

A Solid Bond In Your Heart - The Style Council

God that brings back loads of happy memories i used to love the Style council :P still do as a matter of fact , gonna go listen to the greatest hits cd and have a dance :lol::lol:

Social source share

dont do it dianne you are better than that :P

:yes::DIts to late :lol: whats gonna happen now will i be an outcast on the soul scene :yes: i'm sorry THE VOICES MADE ME DO IT :lol: xx

Social source share

Guest KEN-SOUL

ffs i forgot about that i fell out with a lot of mods in Edinburgh over that song they wanted me to play it for the dancefloor so i threw it on the floor for them ... happy days

well done roddy! they used to get on my nerves circa '79, but not as much as the "punks"! i never understood why they were called punks. my friends and i could always out anti-social any of them!!!

Social source share

great stuff,love Weller in all his guises.............but just had a thought (off topic).

Was this one of the first tailor mades,of any credibility?.(forget Wigan's Ovation).

Did Weller get away with it cos he's a geezer and loves his Northern?.

Or did he suffer the wrath of the scene at the time , like new kids Amy and Duffo?

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Oh wow, thanks for this topic. I have Style Council greatest hits and i have played and thought nothing of a northern tune. i might have to dig it out now.

Paul Weller is class and not forgetting the song he did with Andy Lewis which gets plays

Social source share

great stuff,love Weller in all his guises.............but just had a thought (off topic).

Was this one of the first tailor mades,of any credibility?.(forget Wigan's Ovation).

Did Weller get away with it cos he's a geezer and loves his Northern?.

Or did he suffer the wrath of the scene at the time , like new kids Amy and Duffo?

He nicked I'm Ready For Love for a Town Called malice and So Is The Sun for Trans Global Express so it's not the first, he had previous.

Social source share

• 6 months later...

:lol::ohmy::lol:

FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN THE VIDEO.

WASN'T AT A NORTHERN DO WITH NORTHERN DANCERS AS FAR AS I COULD SEE.

THEY WERE PROBABLY ALL FROM A LOCAL DRAMA SCHOOL AND HAND PICKED FOR THE VIDEO. :lol:

Social source share

:lol::D:lol:

FIRST TIME I'VE SEEN THE VIDEO.

WASN'T AT A NORTHERN DO WITH NORTHERN DANCERS AS FAR AS I COULD SEE.

THEY WERE PROBABLY ALL FROM A LOCAL DRAMA SCHOOL AND HAND PICKED FOR THE VIDEO. :wicked:

Most of them were scooter boys from South London - all my mates from the Merton Detours SC were in it. Only little Peter Grant was doing the northern scene in a big way at the time as far as I know, the rest were attending scooter & soul nights locally, and still do. They would have a right laugh at the drama school comment - they're mostly builders!

Love the Style Council, and never ashamed to say it. Weller was just paying homage to something he loves. That video takes me right back to when I was 16.

T x

Social source share

i can't beleive this was 26 years ago!! i was a mere 10 years old, but remember it well...

fo some reason i thought weller didn't like this - prob cos when i saw them live in '83 they didn't sing it and i dont think he ever referred to it. i have no backing to my thoughts it's just pure conjecture.

brill video (now does the girl say to Mick what i think she says which is why he gets pissed off...)

awful scooter control

happy days

it was originally a Jam recording, but not released.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert