Cam Cameron

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've got the cream issue Albert, lovely tunes (both sides), I think it's supposed to be rarer than the red issue. Value wise i'm not too sure, about £100-£150?

Jordi

Got the red one out of a soul bowl soul pack in the 7T's 100 singles for a fiver, top tune and I still have it. If only I knew then what i know now the ones I sold.... Bugger. Kimbo,

Social source share

BOBA SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL US ABOUT THE TWO LABLE VARIATIONS ON THIS ONE, PROBABLY THE SAME AS ZODIAC/ BOO ETC.

BRI PINCH.

I've think the red is rarer but am open to being corrected -- I've just seen the cream a lot more. I have no idea which is first, sorry I don't have any real info. They're both obviously original presses though.

Social source share

I've think the red is rarer but am open to being corrected -- I've just seen the cream a lot more. I have no idea which is first, sorry I don't have any real info. They're both obviously original presses though.

see i always thought the cream one to be a bit harder. But one thing i have always found.

the red ones are always clean and the cream ones seem to be a bit beat up. cant remember

the last time i saw a nice clean cream issue in a sales box

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

see i always thought the cream one to be a bit harder. But one thing i have always found.

the red ones are always clean and the cream ones seem to be a bit beat up. cant remember

the last time i saw a nice clean cream issue in a sales box

dave

I was told the cream one was first issue, then red.

There where lots of red copies for sale in Global (Yanks) records Manchester in the early 80's.

Social source share

I was told the cream one was first issue, then red.

There where lots of red copies for sale in Global (Yanks) records Manchester in the early 80's.

It's very hard to tell and you get different perspectives being the US vs. UK depending on what was imported over there. For example, I have never found a demo of butch baker and have always seen it as an issue. That's because all the demos were imported over there. For me, one's a lot rarer, even though for you guys it's the opposite. Probably a similar situation with Cam Cameron depending on which type of stock was found and exported to the UK.

Social source share

It's very hard to tell and you get different perspectives being the US vs. UK depending on what was imported over there. For example, I have never found a demo of butch baker and have always seen it as an issue. That's because all the demos were imported over there. For me, one's a lot rarer, even though for you guys it's the opposite. Probably a similar situation with Cam Cameron depending on which type of stock was found and exported to the UK.

THIS SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT, PROBABLY THE REASON WHY WHEN THE RED COPIES TURN UP THEY'RE CLEAN AND WHEN THE ODD CREAM ONES TURN UP FROM THE STATES, THEY'RE USED AND ABUSED.

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

THIS SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT, PROBABLY THE REASON WHY WHEN THE RED COPIES TURN UP THEY'RE CLEAN AND WHEN THE ODD CREAM ONES TURN UP FROM THE STATES, THEY'RE USED AND ABUSED.

BRI PINCH.

My cream one came from a US seller, stone mint, and he told me it was rarer than the red issue.

Jordi

Social source share

• 2 months later...

I got a red one, been playing it on and off for the last couple of months on the show not that I'm looking for any credit as this little beauty has been around for years, don't think there's a lot between the cream and red designs in terms of value maybe twenty five quid in favour of the cream one? two stunning sides and about time this one had is time on the scene as a popular record.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert