Why Paypal ?

when buying records i notice most people get ripped off by paypal or take yonks sending cheque's wouldent it be faster beter safer using BANK TRANSFER method ?? ok if it's only a few pounds it dont mater but over £100 its so easy to just phone up your bank and transfer it in to the other persons acount its actuly cheaper and safer than paypal for the price of a phon call

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

when buying records i notice most people get ripped off by paypal or take yonks sending cheque's wouldent it be faster beter safer using BANK TRANSFER method ?? ok if it's only a few pounds it dont mater but over £100 its so easy to just phone up your bank and transfer it in to the other persons acount its actuly cheaper and safer than paypal for the price of a phon call

If you internet bank you dont have to call them have used this method quite a few times

Social source share

All good and fine......until you do a bank transfer to someone for a £200 record which then never turns up or condition is not as described. You're screwd because there is no way of getting your money back. Although paypal is sh1t at least it pretends to give you some kind of buyer/seller protection.

Adam.

Social source share

I think PayPal, allows you to draw straight off credit cards, having the effect that you can pay anyone for anything using credit card.

It does...mine pays instantaniously as does everyones who have their account verified...by far the safest way IMO :thumbsup:

Social source share

Does Paypal automatically 'default' to your bank account now?

If the card you're using is verified by paypal yeah...comes straight out of your account like a shop card transaction

Social source share

It means you can buy records that you can't really afford.Well until your card is maxed out. :thumbup::(

congratulations.....you have answered the question correctly :P:lol::D

Social source share

Guest oxo1961

Does anyone know what happens if you have money missing from your Paypal account?

I`ve sent them messages via E-mails but get no reply and the Phone service they offer is very automated!!!!!!

Social source share

Does anyone know what happens if you have money missing from your Paypal account?

I`ve sent them messages via E-mails but get no reply and the Phone service they offer is very automated!!!!!!

Phone service is a joke....only way to get to actually speak to someone is just hitting random buttons on the phone when you get the options and eventually it puts you theough to someone!

Social source share

am not that sure about paypal they have had a fortune out of me as i used it for cars and parts all kinds of stuff and had mixed feelings regarding there so called security i know more than one person who had there acount taken over . and some that got the pi.. taken out of them by paypal example paid for a gold watch got a crapp fake paypal came down on the side of the seller . on the other hand i know people that got there money back for dodgy items but had to wait 6 months ,i think its all down to trust weather you use paypal or not . for a big record i would not use paypal .ah well each to there own

Social source share

Phone service is a joke....only way to get to actually speak to someone is just hitting random buttons on the phone when you get the options and eventually it puts you theough to someone!

HAVE YOU TRIED THIS NUMBER, 08707307191

I'VE USED IT BEFORE AND GOT TO TALK TO SOMEONE,

I THINK THERE OFFICE IS IN SOUTHERN IRELAND SOMEWHERE,

JOE.

OR YOU COULD JUST SEND A CHEQUE OR CONCEALED CASH IF IT'S A WELL KNOWN DEALER,

IN THE OLD DAYS I ALWAYS SENT CASH AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM ( TOUCH WOOD )

STILL SEND CASH FROM TIME TO TIME AS AN INCREASING NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN THE STATES WON'T USE PAYPAL ANYMORE,

Edited by JOE TORQUAY
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I always use my bank account to pay, just so i know where i am money-wise and i'm not paying interest on buys. I have registered my credit card though but can't see how to switch to use my credit card rather than my debit card. How do i do that?

Social source share

Guest Adrian

I always use my bank account to pay, just so i know where i am money-wise and i'm not paying interest on buys. I have registered my credit card though but can't see how to switch to use my credit card rather than my debit card. How do i do that?

when you are on the payment page you have an option to change funding source....it defaults to your bank account.

You will have to add you CC to the funds source of course....

Social source share

Matt,

Always, always, always use a credit card as the way to pay through paypal.....then if paypal mess you about on getting your money back (if you ever need to) you can deal direct with your credit card company who will be much more helpful. If funded from your bank account you're relying purely on paypals 'protection'.

Adam.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Matt,

Always, always, always use a credit card as the way to pay through paypal.....then if paypal mess you about on getting your money back (if you ever need to) you can deal direct with your credit card company who will be much more helpful. If funded from your bank account you're relying purely on paypals 'protection'.

Adam.

Ah that's true. I just begrudge the extra cost but you're right. I just switched over today. Unfortunately i will probably max out my credit card now... get another one and max that out... get divorced... lose my house and my kids... etc... etc... all for vinyl. :thumbup:

Oh yeah and i won't be able to afford any records off you now mate :ohmy:

Social source share

Ah that's true. I just begrudge the extra cost but you're right. I just switched over today. Unfortunately i will probably max out my credit card now... get another one and max that out... get divorced... lose my house and my kids... etc... etc... all for vinyl. :D

Oh yeah and i won't be able to afford any records off you now mate :P

Rubbish....once the burden of house and family are removed you'll have far more disposable income to spend on vinyl :lol: . Plus if you're going to max out some credit cards on your journey to vinyl freedom, have I ever mentioned that I'm happy to accept payment by credit card :thumbup::ohmy:

Social source share

All good and fine......until you do a bank transfer to someone for a £200 record which then never turns up or condition is not as described. You're screwd because there is no way of getting your money back. Although paypal is sh1t at least it pretends to give you some kind of buyer/seller protection.

Adam.

I know that works great at ebay buys, but does it also at buying outside of ebay? I think not, but would be very interested to know if it does.

Social source share

I know that works great at ebay buys, but does it also at buying outside of ebay? I think not, but would be very interested to know if it does.

Yes, paying by Paypal does protect you outside of ebay. I recently had to raise a dispute on a non-ebay (and non-soul music) purchase. The company refunded immediately.

That's why it is so good for buyers, for the protection if offers.

Best,

John.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert