Use It Before You Lose It

Guest northernsoulboy6

Guest northernsoulboy6

Hi All

who was the origanal artist, I know it came out on a gold Fania label as Rex Garvin.

My mate paid 500 quid for it in 1986

Mark

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Hi All

who was the origanal artist, I know it came out on a gold Fania label as Rex Garvin.

My mate paid 500 quid for it in 1986

Mark

Bobby Valentin on Fania

£500 in '86? :thumbsup:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Guest northernsoulboy6

Bobby Valentin on Fania

£500 in '86? :thumbsup:

Thats it cheers mate we laughed aswell when our mate peeled back the cover up to find we knew it any way only time has deminished our memories. the guy that ran the palais sold it to him tee hee. 1986 ???? what was the guys name who ran notts in 86???

Social source share

Guest 12shades

Last one I held in my hand for sale was £50 at the Ritz allnighter in Manchester circa 1992ish.

Wish i'd had the cash to buy it then..

Tell me ,we giggled at the the label .Our mate had a couple of copies in his greats.

Oh to be 16 and know knowledge at the time.Its just time and magic!!!!

Social source share

Got mine for a fiver along with a Tesco bag full of of other Latin stuff at a car boot about 12 yrs ago :thumbup:

Also on an Album, cant remember what????.......Lead vocal is someone else, same again, brain fog!!! wacko.gif

Good that its getting played out more now.

:ohmy:

Social source share

Also on an Album, cant remember what????.......Lead vocal is someone else, same again, brain fog!!! wacko.gif

The vocalist is Marcelino 'Junior' Morales.

Bobby was playing trumpet at that stage of his career.

The original Fania LP it appeared on is called, 'Let's turn on'. Oddly enough there is another good track on it called, 'Keep the faith'!

This really was a MONSTER spin and helped shape the scene and really pave the way for other Latin sounds. (To the disgust of some folk!)

LOVE IT!

ph34r.gif

Social source share

The vocalist is Marcelino 'Junior' Morales.

Bobby was playing trumpet at that stage of his career.

The original Fania LP it appeared on is called, 'Let's turn on'. Oddly enough there is another good track on it called, 'Keep the faith'!

This really was a MONSTER spin and helped shape the scene and really pave the way for other Latin sounds. (To the disgust of some folk!)

LOVE IT!

:sleep3:

Lazy so and so am I!.. :thumbup: .......its on the back of the album sleave smile.gif "Lets turn on - Arrebatarnos" (whatever that means?)

:ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert