Pete S

• Replies 31
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Yep - nice track Pete. Reminds me of something - but I don't know what?

:thumbsup:

Reminds me of Deon Jackson - That's What You Do To Me. Obviously not Deon, but similar horns.

Social source share

Is this Butch or Buth DJ'ing playing his Temptones sounds like Buth

unsure.gif

One was during his Esperanto period. Esperanto, now there's a great title for a tune, a northern instrumental maybe, I wonder if one was ever made and played? :D

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

what's the Metro's track ,unissued, with a similar title,owned by Chris Marriot.?

Don't let her give you some of her love.

Used to be big spin for Rob many moons ago. I'll post it for you, did come out on the Goldmine Detroit cds, forget the titles off top of me head.

Social source share

Got to be honest, I don't remember doing this podcast, (the one above) or was it the one that I put up for a limited time only...24 hours...I got it back from Karen (soulgirl)...anyway it appears that the entire podcast is mostly unreleased (at the time) material so it might be an interesting listen. Might be, I said...

n.b. just found a partial track list

TEMPTONES C/U - THAT'S WHEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN LOVE

BARBARA MERCER - MY DEAR HEART

EDDIE HOLLAND - DAY DREAMER

UPTOWN STRINGS - COME GO WITH ME

CINDY SCOTT - IN ONE EAR AND OUT THE OTHER

CHRIS BARTLEY - I GO OUT OF MY MIND

DAVE HAMILTON - WHAT SHOULD I DO (INST)

SHANE MARTIN - I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT

MIKE POST COALITION - DOWNTOWN GENERATION lol

JEAN CARTER - LIKE ONE alt

TOPICS - DO THE YO YO

MILTON JAMES - MY LONELY FEELING

DIANE LEWIS - YOU AIN'T GOT A CHANCE

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Fantastic isn't it - never understood why Kent didn't release it

is there any singing in the Little Ann at all? On the flip to Gilly's acetate, the one he found with Tats when it was discovered who "Rose Valentine" actually was there is about a 40 second instrumental take, then a full take thats instrumental with the odd ooh aahh and then Little Ann singing Will I Ever See Him, Please Tell Me What To Do, When He's Not Around etc in the backing towards the end, bit of male backing too. It's actually slightly quicker than the issued vocal take.

Social source share

is there any singing in the Little Ann at all? On the flip to Gilly's acetate, the one he found with Tats when it was discovered who "Rose Valentine" actually was there is about a 40 second instrumental take, then a full take thats instrumental with the odd ooh aahh and then Little Ann singing Will I Ever See Him, Please Tell Me What To Do, When He's Not Around etc in the backing towards the end, bit of male backing too. It's actually slightly quicker than the issued vocal take.

Chalky, not sure, it's about 15 minutes into the podcast and I can't find my original source of it, but I think it's all instrumental with maybe a bit of backing vocals for the second verse

p.s.

thinking about this now. I had an incomplete recording of the instrumental with the end chooped off, I am pretty sure Mick Holdsworth spliced that tape with one he had to form a whole track

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Chalky, not sure, it's about 15 minutes into the podcast and I can't find my original source of it, but I think it's all instrumental with maybe a bit of backing vocals for the second verse

p.s.

thinking about this now. I had an incomplete recording of the instrumental with the end chooped off, I am pretty sure Mick Holdsworth spliced that tape with one he had to form a whole track

the one on the flip to the original acetate definately has a full instrumental take, as I said slightly quicker than the vocal take, just some backing from Little Ann and some male backing 2nd half of the take.

If I get the chance I'll download your podcast and listen.

Social source share

the one on the flip to the original acetate definately has a full instrumental take, as I said slightly quicker than the vocal take, just some backing from Little Ann and some male backing 2nd half of the take.

If I get the chance I'll download your podcast and listen.

Hi Chalky

Ive still got the acetate with vocal / inst + a full accapella which is mindblowing, i will try and get a mp3 done, but that technical stuff takes a while!... hope yer well mate

Tats

Social source share

Hi Chalky

Ive still got the acetate with vocal / inst + a full accapella which is mindblowing, i will try and get a mp3 done, but that technical stuff takes a while!... hope yer well mate

Tats

Ey up Tats mate, I'm good thanks, hope you are :thumbsup:

I don't think I've heard the accapella take...wow!! Would love to hear it, hope you sort the techie stuff soon. If you need any help give me a shout.

Take care and see you soon hopefully.

Social source share

Got to be honest, I don't remember doing this podcast, (the one above) or was it the one that I put up for a limited time only...24 hours...I got it back from Karen (soulgirl)...anyway it appears that the entire podcast is mostly unreleased (at the time) material so it might be an interesting listen. Might be, I said...

TOPICS - DO THE YO YO

brilliant podcast Pete - thanks ,Eddie

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Ady Pountain has a copy as well. He agreed to sell it to me years ago, now reckons he can't find it. Yeah right!

Tremendous record.

Dave Greet

Christ on a BIKE man, how long you been on here?

How the feck are ya?

More to the point I didn't kknow you could type :yes:

Sorry to jack the thread Pete.

Social source share

• 5 months later...

'Pete S' Aug 15 08 post='841446']

TOPICS - DO THE YO YO

Social source share

'Pete S' Aug 15 08 post='841446']

TOPICS - DO THE YO YO

Hi Pete,

I've just found your podcast whilst searching for The Temptones Butch C/U - sounds awesome!

On your podcast at 46 mins there is a female vocal song "Its a long way, gonna take a long time" - who is this? Is this unreleased? - astounding song and vocal...

Thats Darlene Love - A long way to be happy - it was meant to be her first solo single for Philles but they shelved it and it turned up years later on a Phil Spector compilation lp and then cd set

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert