• Replies 24
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Andy Kempster

Imperial records 1968. There's a battered one on ebay at the moment £9.99, but clean ones tend to go through for about £20 I think.

thats brilliant, thanks Dean

Social source share

Original is on Redd Coach. (At least I'm presuming thatw as the frst label. Only seen W/Demos though. Anyone seen an stocker? Great version.

There's a few contradictions with this rarity

There is a stocker, it has the same flip as the Imperial release. "The Wrong Direction"

The name spelling on the copy i had was ERWIN seems to suggest it is the "first" label. This spelling was used on his earlier 2 Roulette 45s. So you could presume it got changed by Imperial.

The Redd Coach # 917 doesn't fit into the 800 series (Carstairs etc) nor the 700 series (Appointments etc)

BUT although it's been a long time since I've experienced a copy, I seem to remember thinking at the time, it was an obscure 70s "reissue" as it "felt" & looked seventies. I'll have to wait until another turns up, to be more certain of the era.

Doesn't help much does it..

Edited by john manship
Social source share

There's a few contradictions with this rarity

There is a stocker, it has the same flip as the Imperial release. "The Wrong Direction"

The name spelling on the copy i had was ERWIN seems to suggest it is the "first" label. This spelling was used on his earlier 2 Roulette 45s. So you could presume it got changed by Imperial.

The Redd Coach # 917 doesn't fit into the 800 series (Carstairs etc) nor the 700 series (Appointments etc)

BUT although it's been a long time since I've experienced a copy, I seem to remember thinking at the time, it was an obscure 70s "reissue" as it "felt" & looked seventies. I'll have to wait until another turns up, to be more certain of the era.

Doesn't help much does it..

My W/Demo looks like a 60s 45. It also has a vintage distributors sticker on the label (not conclusive I know), but I'd be very surprised if it was a 70s issue. The Cat #s are a quandry that's for sure.

Social source share

My W/Demo looks like a 60s 45. It also has a vintage distributors sticker on the label (not conclusive I know), but I'd be very surprised if it was a 70s issue. The Cat #s are a quandry that's for sure.

Dave,

You could well be right, cause it's been an age since I've had a copy. Plus, I only knew there was a stock copy 'cause a customer of mine ran it by me recently, he'd found one. I've personally only ever had the promo with one side. If you say it looks 60s, that's good enough for me.. certainly better than my memory.

John

Social source share

Dave,

You could well be right, cause it's been an age since I've had a copy. Plus, I only knew there was a stock copy 'cause a customer of mine ran it by me recently, he'd found one. I've personally only ever had the promo with one side. If you say it looks 60s, that's good enough for me.. certainly better than my memory.

John

I have a stock copy - deffo 60's, I always thought it was the first release before Imperial too.

Social source share

Was watching this one on ebay a few weeks back, can't remember what it went for but it was less than an Imperial demo that the same seller had up which i found strange. :P

Also,wonder why the Redd Coach was crossed out & replaced with Cub ?

post-5566-1219097379_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Was watching this one on ebay a few weeks back, can't remember what it went for but it was less than an Imperial demo that the same seller had up which i found strange. :P

Also,wonder why the Redd Coach was crossed out & replaced with Cub ?

post-5566-1219097379_thumb.jpg

Fab scan, that confirms it's the first label and 60s. Likely they were expecting a CUB release?

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

I agree.

Russ

have you got a sound clip of the bunny sigler?

even though i have now sorted out the dee irwin version i wouldnt mind hearing it

Social source share

Marc,

Check out Issue #7 of There's That Beat! for a scan of the Redd Coach Demo. :lol:

Hi Dave,

nice to see you sorted one thumbsup.gif

the redd coach press is a nice bell sound stamped vinyl press and sounds (IMO) better as the Imperial styrene presses. It´s a while back that I sold my Imperial re-issue, but if I remember right then is the redd coach press 3 or 4 seconds longer, if that cares someone :g:

scan of the flip

post-8478-1219159703_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert