Pee Wee, Shuck, And Huey On Flagg 101

• Replies 53
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It can't have gone from 500 to 3 grand in the space of 2 years.

considering how many records that go for 500 that are no where near as hard as this would have thought more than £500 though Pete, more so two years ago, I've seen it sell for more than 500 :lol: .

Edited by chalky
Social source share

considering how many records that go for 500 that are no where near as hard as this would have thought more than £500 though Pete, more so two years ago, I've seen it sell for more than 500 :lol: .

You misunderstood me mate, I think it's worth a grand, 1200 maybe, but not 3 grand.

Social source share

i remember this being covered up in the 90s. can anyboby remember what it was to

save me rooting thru loads of tapes. i personally love it. our brian hates it. never knew

what it was until it was on a brownie cd some years ago. doesnt turn up very often

i`d have thought 1200 ukp easily

dave

Social source share

i remember this being covered up in the 90s. can anyboby remember what it was to

save me rooting thru loads of tapes. i personally love it. our brian hates it. never knew

what it was until it was on a brownie cd some years ago. doesnt turn up very often

i`d have thought 1200 ukp easily

dave

can't remember off top of me head what covered as but was covered by Dean Anderson

Social source share

can't remember off top of me head what covered as but was covered by Dean Anderson

I first heard it on a tape I got from Mick Smith in 1993, it was labelled as Pee Wee, Shuck & Huey, I said to Mick is that the real artist and he said no, it's a cover up. So for five years I tried to find out what it was but nobody had ever heard it. One night I went to the 100 club and I was selling records next to Butch and the record came on - so I said to him, I've got this but it's covered up as Pee Wee, Shuck & Huey, do you know who it really is? And, deadpan, he says back to me "Yeah it's Pee Wee, Shuck & Huey" :lol:

Social source share

If i ever found a spare it'd be at least 2 grand just my opinion and the 2 folk who constantly pester to sell it em for at least that so on the strength of that and previous mails a grand + either way a very obscure and difficult record to find.

Totally agree with the guvner...wouldn't part wi mine for less than £2k...this is one of them that grows on ya....hated it when I first heard it....love it now.. rolleyes.gif

Social source share

If i ever found a spare it'd be at least 2 grand just my opinion and the 2 folk who constantly pester to sell it em for at least that so on the strength of that and previous mails a grand + either way a very obscure and difficult record to find.

Totally agree with the guvner...wouldn't part wi mine for less than £2k...this is one of them that grows on ya....hated it when I first heard it....love it now.. rolleyes.gif

can anyone post either side (preferrably both) to refosoul?

Social source share

I,ve heard owls that screech better than her !

If this was common and around in quantity it would be used to prop up turntables .

Always makes me laugh how 45's come to the market and everyone that has one [or a vested interest] come out of the woodwork flashing around ridiculous prices to enhance the stature and value of their 'great' record .

Does not even belong on the 'average' pile .

Vile .

We get it, you don't like it.

Social source share

We get it, you don't like it.

Used to really enjoy your fanzine 'Beatin' Rhythm' from the early 90's Pete - a great , well researched informative read . Still got them .

It would have been interesting to see your comments on this 45 when you did the '100 Newies reviewed' article . Liked the way you you told it how it was [90% of them terrible!] when others were spinning and bragging up bad 45's .

Without digging out said fanzine , I think Annabelle Fox was one of the few you liked [if my memory serves me right]

In all honestly, I think I did review this at some point and I absolutely loved it (still do), you know that 100 Newies reviewd article, well I reprinted it here and you're right, it was hilarious, but you know what - I didn't get any comments about me saying every record was sh*t, just "how can you say thats a newie, I knew it years ago" :ohmy:

it's still up here somewhere.

Your hatred of PW, S & H is akin to mine of the Carstairs :P so I know what you mean

Social source share

I think I would have spun this 'covered up' as well - literally from head to toe , so that nobody recognised me across the empty dance floor .

Exactly the kind of drivel that stopped a lot of people going to venues .

What a crock................remember Dean spinning this as B & the BJ's & its a superb NS. IMHO of course.

Russ

Social source share

The reason you did not get any comments about your reference to 'every record being sh*t' is because they all agreed with you !

Incidentally I did not see it as 'hilarious' - just correct .

The atricles on the British stuff were very informative by the way .

It is funny if you read it back!

Social source share

Dean spun this alot in the very early nineties usually at the Bishop Auckland Rugby club dos and a few others,yep it was bell and the blackjacks c/u turned out to be a rare gem also!Top tune and great memories.

BAZ A

YEAH THIS IS WHERE I HEARD HIM PLAY IT AND I'LL NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR IT thmbdn.gif .

BRI PINCH.

Social source share

a great record that i regret selling...its not a kiddie singing..but a young female vocalist driven by passion & poverty.... :yes:

I always thought these guys and Miles Grayson may have been influenced by the Jackson Five - certainly has that sort of feel. Whatever, I absolutely love it!

Social source share

wasn't..... :thumbsup: peewee,shuck and huey....donald ducks nephews

I worked at a hotel in Chicago in the 80's and remember being asked by room 186 for a pakt if condoms at 2-30am.

I went up stairs and Donald Duck opend the door "do you want me to put these on your Bill Sir"

The twat headbutted me.

Social source share

Guest Byrney

I dont dislike the track but I always thought it sounded like The Chipmunks on Helium..... :thumbsup:

:( thing is for me its a cracking dancer, yeah them notes he tries to hit and hold at the end are dodgy as f*&k and not the kind of thing I usually like but If I hear it out I can't keep still to it.

Great northern soul!

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

We're not back in the day, its today, here & now, things have moved on, thank god for the likes of Dean et al, who strive to find these things still.....................mind you, lets not forget that this was played originally over 10 years ago..........& why for gods sake do we have to continually have to draw comparisons with the likes of the Salvadors, great record yeah, but the scene has moved on & the comparison is unfair, tis a great record to most & would fill any propper NS venue dance floor.

Russ

Social source share

We're not back in the day, its today, here & now, things have moved on, thank god for the likes of Dean et al, who strive to find these things still.....................mind you, lets not forget that this was played originally over 10 years ago..........& why for gods sake do we have to continually have to draw comparisons with the likes of the Salvadors, great record yeah, but the scene has moved on & the comparison is unfair, tis a great record to most & would fill any propper NS venue dance floor.

Russ

Fair comment .

The reason that comparisons are made with records like the Salvadors is not that people are stuck in an 'oldies' timewarp , it's because the record in question's quality is in a completely different league .

There are thousands of underplayed 45's that knock the spots off PW, S & H but because they were deemed as 'common' back in the day , do not get the exposure they deserve .

We all still dig and turn up 45's but some should just be confined to completists record shelves.

The Preachers / Ain't No Fool / Pride Inc. is a good example .

So are you saying that "back in the day" you liked everything that was played??? Because I certainly didn't. We all have differing tastes, and thank goodness for that. You don't like the record, fair enough.... :wink:

Phil.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert