Buster Pearson Band, Pretty Woman

Suinoz

Had a copy of this in the box for 35 years. It's on the lilac coloured Action label. Played it over here and they loved it. Has anyone ever heard it played in the U.K. and when???

Reckon with its gritty beat it's gotta be just right for today. Any comments appreciated.

Stay Soulful, Tony E. OZ.

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Had a copy of this in the box for 35 years. It's on the lilac coloured Action label. Played it over here and they loved it. Has anyone ever heard it played in the U.K. and when???

Reckon with its gritty beat it's gotta be just right for today. Any comments appreciated.

it got a few plays at time of release but never heard it since.

mark

Social source share

Yes, I heard it played in my study about a month ago. :P:)

Don't remember it being 'gritty'. Better go play it again. :thumbsup:

Social source share

A bit of uselless info Buster pearson was the father of the members of Five star. if i remember correctly.

mark

Yes, I was just about to say that. He was their manager and was responsible for many of their jazzy and experimental single B-sides!

Hope he didn´t beat his kids though as Joe Jackson did when he "educated" his family group.

Buster Pearson´s greatest claim to fame (apart from grooming his children into a hit making group) was that he used to be Otis Redding´s guitarist.

:thumbsup:

Mel

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert