Pete S

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Not a bad uptempo dancer - just wondered if it was known - probably blue eyed.

MIKE ANCONA & THE JOKERS - BOUND FOR LOVE - CHASE 6001 (Texas label?)

mmm, that's interesting Pete, I have a copy of Chase 6000 'MIKE & THE JOKERS - There's Got To Be A Girl' uptempo Northern (almost definitely blue-eyed).....got it from the States a few years back, it's in Manship's guide for £75.....obviously the same group as your one but Mike has dropped his surname...

have to say, your one isn't listed at all...

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for quoting and including the link to my radio shrine site above. I found this thread last night and I phoned Mike Ancona ("Mike" of Mike & The Jokers), and he was tickled pink knowing he and the Jokers were being discussed from so far away. I've known Mike most of my life and especially during my 40+ year radio career here in New Orleans.

By the way, there were 6 Jokers lead singers thru the years. The one referred to as "Harvey" is Harvey Jesus (yep, he pronounces it GEE-sus, not HAY-sous), who was the final lead singer for the Jokers in the late 60's, and he's still performing today with his own group. And he sounds great. I just saw his performance at a club two weeks ago.

Chase Records was self-named after the local owner Stanley Chaisson ("chase-on").

Anyway, I knew most of the Top-40 and R+B New Orleans acts who were popular in the 50's, 60's and 70's, so if anyone has any questions about any of them, don't hesitate to email me at bob@walkerpub.com

And enjoy my New Orleans Radio Shrine at www.walkerpub.com and my 20 recorded shows of 50's and 60's New Orleans hits on that same site as New Orleans Jukebox Gold.

Cheers!

Bob Walker

WTIX, New Orleans (retired)

Social source share

Thank you for quoting and including the link to my radio shrine site above. I found this thread last night and I phoned Mike Ancona ("Mike" of Mike & The Jokers), and he was tickled pink knowing he and the Jokers were being discussed from so far away. I've known Mike most of my life and especially during my 40+ year radio career here in New Orleans.

By the way, there were 6 Jokers lead singers thru the years. The one referred to as "Harvey" is Harvey Jesus (yep, he pronounces it GEE-sus, not HAY-sous), who was the final lead singer for the Jokers in the late 60's, and he's still performing today with his own group. And he sounds great. I just saw his performance at a club two weeks ago.

Chase Records was self-named after the local owner Stanley Chaisson ("chase-on").

Anyway, I knew most of the Top-40 and R+B New Orleans acts who were popular in the 50's, 60's and 70's, so if anyone has any questions about any of them, don't hesitate to email me at bob@walkerpub.com

And enjoy my New Orleans Radio Shrine at www.walkerpub.com and my 20 recorded shows of 50's and 60's New Orleans hits on that same site as New Orleans Jukebox Gold.

Cheers!

Bob Walker

WTIX, New Orleans (retired)

Bob, I bet Harvey Jesus would go into shock if he knew that at one point his record was selling for around $2000!

cheers

pete

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert