Dean Barlow - Third Window - On Radio 2 Now

Pete S

• Replies 71
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

More likely the other way round as the North is usually playing our casts off long after we've got bored with them.

Simon :unsure:

biggrin.gif ..lol.. I Knew someone would say that as soon as I starting typing.. :rolleyes:

I thought the North west was way ahead of the rest of the country in that respect.... whistling.gif

Jayne. (going into hiding!)

Social source share

Well I was going to try to give you my favourite 10 records, but it's impossible just picking 10, I can't separate any of these, but they are all better than Dean Barlow

the inspirations - no one can take your place

john & the weirdest - can't get over these memories

skullsnaps - i'm your pimp

frankie crocker - ton of dynamite

willie tee - walkin up a one way street

betty boo - say it isn't so

joanie sommers - don't pity me

dusty wilson - it's going to be a tragedy

little ann - what should i do

epitome of sound - you don't love me

monique - if you love me

the lovelites - my conscience (not 'get it off')

coasters - crazy baby

karmello brooks - tell me baby

ster phonics - don't leave me

yum yums - gonna be a big thing

jj barnes - please let me in

Social source share

Guest posstot

Because it doesn't belong on the Northern scene. Might be good in it's own right, but here? No way.

But here, no way? Like any modern Soul?(disco) track does belong. You're talking about a truelky soulful record...here on 'soul' source. are you confused.com i am.

Social source share

Guest posstot

Love this stuff from the late 50ts to 63 the more spooky and haunting the better.

For me if it has a good beat to dance to it beats listening to The Chandlers again.

shades.gif Oh I have The Chandlers its one of a favourite records.

Have you been to the soulful shack yet..or is one too far away.....i do feel,old bean, one would love it here.

Social source share

But here, no way? Like any modern Soul?(disco) track does belong. You're talking about a truelky soulful record...here on 'soul' source. are you confused.com i am.

You think Dean Barlow is a 'truly soulful record'? There's only about 2 people on the entire thread who might agree with you.

Social source share

You think Dean Barlow is a 'truly soulful record'? There's only about 2 people on the entire thread who might agree with you.

I like the record but the word Soulful wouldn't be one my first words to describe it, more of a haunting, croony dancer imho.

Simon

Social source share

Well I was going to try to give you my favourite 10 records, but it's impossible just picking 10, I can't separate any of these, but they are all better than Dean Barlow

the inspirations - no one can take your place

john & the weirdest - can't get over these memories

skullsnaps - i'm your pimp

frankie crocker - ton of dynamite

willie tee - walkin up a one way street

betty boo - say it isn't so

joanie sommers - don't pity me

dusty wilson - it's going to be a tragedy

little ann - what should i do

epitome of sound - you don't love me

monique - if you love me

the lovelites - my conscience (not 'get it off')

coasters - crazy baby

karmello brooks - tell me baby

ster phonics - don't leave me

yum yums - gonna be a big thing

jj barnes - please let me in

Cracking list Pete - especially The Lovelites - would make a great oldies spot methinks - just let yourself down with Monique thmbdn.gif - never saw you as a Frankie Crocker or Skullsnaps kind of guy. Nice one mate. :unsure:

Social source share

Cracking list Pete - especially The Lovelites - would make a great oldies spot methinks - just let yourself down with Monique thmbdn.gif - never saw you as a Frankie Crocker or Skullsnaps kind of guy. Nice one mate. :lol:

Well I think Skullsnaps is one of the most bizarre, mind boggling and brilliant records ever made...everything about it, the production, the vocals, the drama of the whole thing. Frankie Crocker must surely sound a mess to anyone not on the northern scene but it's an amazing record to dance to. The Lovelites is one of the most beautiful records I've ever heard, very plaintive and emotional - and as for Monique, I love her raw vocal performance, especially near the end when she sings the line "I love you baby - yes I do" and her voice actually cracks with the intensity of the performance.

Apart from that, don't like soul music much :unsure:

Social source share

Absolutely cracking reply from the Soul Police Statistical Department.

Pete, have a count again of the people who have posted on this thread, then count those who have either said they like or are neutral (11 or so by my reckoning) - I think you will find that you are totally wrong, but hey, when did that ever matter in a good argument :unsure:

Taff

Social source share

Why don't you go first then, we're all waiting.

I STILL LOVE YOU....SEVEN SOULS....OKEH DEMO

IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED....FRANK BEVERLY....SASSY

I'M WAITING...BILL BUSH...RONN

I'LL HOLD YOU ..FRANKIE/JOHNNY...DECCA U.K DEMO

I LOVE HER SO MUTCH..MAJESTICS..LINDY DEMO

I'LL BE BACK ..JIMMY WALLACE..ALPHA.

NOTHING CAN COMPARE TO YOU..VELVET SATINS..GENERAL AMERICAN..BIG LETTER DEMO

I CANT LET HIM ...CHERRYL ANN...PATTY..

GOTTA FIND ME SOMEBODY..VEL-VETS...20th CENTURY DEMO.

DETETRMINATION...DEAN PARISH....STATESIIDE U.K DEMO

BABY RECONSIDER..LEON HAYWOOD...FAT FISH..

KEY TO MY HAPPINESS..CHARADES..M.G.M

TIME MARCHES ON..LAINE HILL...NEW VOICE DEMO

OOP'S COULD GO ON SORRY. P. S COMPUTE WENT DOWN

Social source share

Cracking list Pete - especially The Lovelites - would make a great oldies spot methinks - just let yourself down with Monique thmbdn.gif - never saw you as a Frankie Crocker or Skullsnaps kind of guy. Nice one mate. :unsure:

NICE ONE PETE

YOU KNOW MY LIST IS GONNA BE BIGGY

THANKS TO YOU ..JOHN MANSHIP....TIM BROWN..MICK SMITH..JOHN WESTON..AND ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED TO MY COLLECTION..

Social source share

Pete, have a count again of the people who have posted on this thread, then count those who have either said they like or are neutral (11 or so by my reckoning) - I think you will find that you are totally wrong, but hey, when did that ever matter in a good argument :unsure:

Taff

Oh come on, when have I ever been a member of the soul police? Their usually slagging off my choice of records!

Social source share

Pete, have a count again of the people who have posted on this thread, then count those who have either said they like or are neutral (11 or so by my reckoning) - I think you will find that you are totally wrong, but hey, when did that ever matter in a good argument :wub:

Taff

I make it about 16 against vs 6 definitely for and two maybe's

Social source share

Pete, have a count again of the people who have posted on this thread, then count those who have either said they like or are neutral (11 or so by my reckoning) - I think you will find that you are totally wrong, but hey, when did that ever matter in a good argument :thumbup:

Taff

Most of the posts that like D B are from the south, is there something in the tapwater down there that effects ones hearing :wub:

Social source share

Oh come on, when have I ever been a member of the soul police? Their usually slagging off my choice of records!

:thumbup::wub: You ain't a Double Agent are you ? .......... :yes: Perhaps Mel Bratt is your 'alter ego' too ? :thumbup:

Social source share

:wub:

:thumbup: Hey we could all have a Soul Police agent name....... I'll choose Oh-Oh-b*****ks then, as i usually talk it :thumbup:

you still aint got the hang of this off-topic thing have you

the trick is that one or two-ish off topic posts is no big thing

its when people take thread down various non-related paths that it starts becoming a problem

if really want to start talking about such, then why not start a new thread in the relevant forum

if still not sure or have a need to reply then please do so in feedback

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert