• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

phyllis dillon - make me yours

what sort of price could i expect to pay for this please?

thanks in advance,

mike

It's one of the hardest to find of the original 15 or so Trojan 45s, so ' a fair bit' would be my guess. The label credit says it's by "Shirley Kay", BTW, not Phyllis (although Phyllis is the singer, of course).

Social source share

It's one of the hardest to find of the original 15 or so Trojan 45s, so ' a fair bit' would be my guess. The label credit says it's by "Shirley Kay", BTW, not Phyllis (although Phyllis is the singer, of course).

thanks Tony.

Social source share

indeed one of the hardest on trojan records and also the jamaican press seems to be very hard to find. original only as blank pre-release on treasure isle (TIS 156) released, label issues are far later re-presses. anyway, great track.....good luck on searching for.

Social source share

Mike, Trojan have repressed the first 10 corwn label 45's including that one, pretty good lookalikes, I bought them - mainly so I could sell my Treasure Isle copy of Loving Pauper. I remember buying that Shirley Kay with no centre for a fiver in the 90's, never liked it though to be honest.

Social source share

indeed one of the hardest on trojan records and also the jamaican press seems to be very hard to find. original only as blank pre-release on treasure isle (TIS 156) released, label issues are far later re-presses. anyway, great track.....good luck on searching for.

didn't know there was a Trojan release. I was lucky getting this as a birthday present last year after looking for years.....This is my Jamaican issue

sureshotszc6.jpg

sureshotszc6.318a9a49bd.jpg

Edited by Tommy1
Social source share

Mike, Trojan have repressed the first 10 corwn label 45's including that one, pretty good lookalikes, I bought them - mainly so I could sell my Treasure Isle copy of Loving Pauper. I remember buying that Shirley Kay with no centre for a fiver in the 90's, never liked it though to be honest.

have you got a copy for sell Pete? (cheap of course) dont care what label, or if it has a centre, as long as it plays ok.

failing that, it's was my birthday a few weeks ago Tommy1 and you missed it :yes: you could make up for it now by passing on your copy to me as a belated prezzie biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert