Brunswick

Guest Gene

Being a long time collector of Brunswick I would like to know if there would be any interest in a Brunswick website that listed each release, tried to show photos of issues and demos of each release, as well as any other tidbits of information for them - i.e. maybe a soundbite of each side, a note whether its a ballad, northern, dance, r'n'b, rock, pop, etc

would that be of interest to people?

would people be willing to help with scans?

just trying to judge interest before dedicating the time to designing the site...

Gene

Edited by 45cellar
Artist Tag
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Being a long time collector of Brunswick I would like to know if there would be any interest in a Brunswick website that listed each release, tried to show photos of issues and demos of each release, as well as any other tidbits of information for them - i.e. maybe a soundbite of each side, a note whether its a ballad, northern, dance, r'n'b, rock, pop, etc

would that be of interest to people?

would people be willing to help with scans?

just trying to judge interest before dedicating the time to designing the site...

Gene

Always Interested with projects such as this.

As always I will assist with scans from my collection.

I don't have many on Brunswick but I will scan the ones that I have.

We are curently attempting to complete

a few Labels at Hitsville >>> LINK <<<,

It is ongoing and is coming along at a steady pace.

A worthwhile project in my opinion, Sound Clips and Information a Bonus.

We have almost completed quite a few already, and I have posted many from my collection, as have others.

Acknowledgement is always given to provider of the scan.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Cool didnt see that here.

I did a listing years ago, with all matrix numbers, writers, producers, etc, I think I sent it to Shades of Soul, but dont think it was ever published. I still have a printout of it (lost the excel file years ago unfortunalty) so I can type it back up.

I thought it might be nice to have a reference with soundbites, scans of various versions of the labels - demos, issues, large print, small print etc etc

When I get back from my trip Ill set up a page and get to work

Gene

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Just out of interest what is considered the hardest record on Brunswick, (i'm aware the label goes way back so i suppose those from the 1920's are probably awarded that distinction) So in a "soul genre" sense, i certainly have chased a particular L.P. for bloody years and i just for the life of me cannot obtain it. (keeping it inhouse :rolleyes: , so don't ask). Ps just the USA copies, i know Ian "Bully" Bulloch on here has a Strutt "Said You Didn't Love Me" on Italian, and i for the record have an Eliminators L.P. on Zafiro( the Spanish version of the Brunswick release). So i'm not that concerned with the foreign releases, thats a whole different topic. But then i suppose the foreign releases will probably be harder to aquire than their American counterparts ?

Brett

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Just out of interest what is considered the hardest record on Brunswick, (i'm aware the label goes way back so i suppose those from the 1920's are probably awarded that distinction) So in a "soul genre" sense, i certainly have chased a particular L.P. for bloody years and i just for the life of me cannot obtain it. (keeping it inhouse :rolleyes: , so don't ask). Ps just the USA copies, i know Ian "Bully" Bulloch on here has a Strutt "Said You Didn't Love Me" on Italian, and i for the record have an Eliminators L.P. on Zafiro( the Spanish version of the Brunswick release). So i'm not that concerned with the foreign releases, thats a whole different topic. But then i suppose the foreign releases will probably be harder to aquire than their American counterparts ?

Brett

"Raining Teardrops" - The Demures on Bruswick is hard to find on Demo, even harder on issue! This has always been worth quite a bit of money, as far back as I can remember it!

Social source share

"Raining Teardrops" - The Demures on Bruswick is hard to find on Demo, even harder on issue! This has always been worth quite a bit of money, as far back as I can remember it!

Higher & Higher - Jackie Wilson - on a U.S.A. Brunswick DEMO is quite hard to find for some reason.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert