Tip From Up North

That man Johno up in Hull sent me a few tracks down. That guy always spots a few things that are going in the right direction. One of the tracks was Natural Four "Your Loves so Wonderful". Yea I knew it but had never rated it. Bleedin fool me. Just right for today and had to search for a copy, think i had the last one from the dealer.

A J20 play for Saturday 9th in Lutterworth me thinks.

Pat

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

That man Johno up in Hull sent me a few tracks down. That guy always spots a few things that are going in the right direction. One of the tracks was Natural Four "Your Loves so Wonderful". Yea I knew it but had never rated it. Bleedin fool me. Just right for today and had to search for a copy, think i had the last one from the dealer.

Pat

Fantastic tune

Had it years and wouldn't part with it

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Nice record...very contemporary feel to it...would have been seriously interested in this record 12 months ago...but I seem to be regressing decade by decade haha :lol:

Social source share

You Bring Out The Best In Me by The Natural Four also on Curtom is a blinding tune as well.

As a rule of thumb if a record is by The Natural Four just buy it - this group seldom (if ever) disappoints.

I rate them in the same category as The Temps-4 Tops-Impressions - they are that good - check out their albums.

Social source share

You Bring Out The Best In Me by The Natural Four also on Curtom is a blinding tune as well.

As a rule of thumb if a record is by The Natural Four just buy it - this group seldom (if ever) disappoints.

I rate them in the same category as The Temps-4 Tops-Impressions - they are that good - check out their albums.

Sound advice and thanks. Hope this little thread does not push the album prices up to much! Roll on pay day.

Pat

Social source share

Agree mate!

And a 'wonderful' choice there Mr Wallace :sleep3: Will be looking forward to hearing you spinning it in sunny Lanzy in Nov! I'll be dancing that's for sure!

'Love's so wonderful' has been a staple at The Orwell for many years and always goes down well.

Sounds like a million dollars for the price of a coupla pints of Stella!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Aaaaaahhhh Mr Plumb I thought this would be an Orwell staple. Incidently I checked the DJ rota for Lanzy and your down for the first week only. Are you there for a fortnight or just a week. I'm the second week so I hope it's an error coz I dont want to miss your spot mate.

Take care

Pat

Social source share

other side of "you bring out the best" is great "you cant keep running away"

Social source share

other side of "you bring out the best" is great "you cant keep running away"

This fine double sided single can be found here in Mint condition

www.soulmusic.co.uk/Crossover_Soul.htm for the price of a couple of pints of Stella and JD chasers :huh:

Another un being played at the mo' is 'I think I found that girl' an uptempo affair from the 'Nightchaser' LP - not their best LP on Curtom but you should get it anywhere between £10-£15 methinks?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Pat

A Billy Davidson spin from many moons ago, as always a man ahead of his time, and other peoples too obviously :sweatingbullets:tongue.gif

Agree with Epic, most stuff they do is fantastic.

Social source share

Guest BIG H

A Billy Davidson spin from many moons ago, as always a man ahead of his time, and other peoples too obviously tongue.gif:thumbup:

Beat me too it Jock.... remember Billy spinning this back in the 80's :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

A Billy Davidson spin from many moons ago, as always a man ahead of his time, and other peoples too obviously :thumbup::wave:

I think many of the current 70's biggies and choice LP tracks were first spun by people like Billy Davidson etc in the mid/late 80's.......................agree, way ahead of their time them boys!

Social source share

Guest Modern Skip Tone

My local knowledge man Tim Newbould, once informed me that both these Natural Four tunes recieved air play at the Mecca, hence me purchasing 45's and albums by them, well before Billy aired them.

Could you confirm this Epic -please. :thumbsup: . Thats a nice "please", as I value your greater older musical "mecca" know how.

Regards,

Nick.

Social source share

i bought a uk copy off barnsley market in 1987 along with about 20 other tunes. gloria gaynor

this love affair springs to mind. . the guy said they were all avarage disco things in there.

but i mopped him up. at 3 for £1. i spent about £8 most things were bought blind but everyone

was a winner :thumbsup:

dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert