A Question For Boba

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've just put a copy of this on the bay, had it knocking around for years, wondered if it is the same group as Twinight and Gemigo? and did Clifford Curry have much involvement in Chicago?

this is the same group as on twinight, tad, CRA, Cash, mercury, etc. (obviously there were lineup changes). We talk about this record in the interview on my webpage. I don't understand your question, though, Clifford Curry, lead of the Notations was 100% Chicago. Maybe you are confusing him with the other singer Clifford Curry on Elf, who was not related in any way? Thanks.

Social source share

this is the same group as on twinight, tad, CRA, Cash, mercury, etc. (obviously there were lineup changes). We talk about this record in the interview on my webpage. I don't understand your question, though, Clifford Curry, lead of the Notations was 100% Chicago. Maybe you are confusing him with the other singer Clifford Curry on Elf, who was not related in any way? Thanks.

That IS my confusion Bob, in the back of my mind I knew they were different artistes, can't remember everything :thumbup: is there anything else of note on CRA?

Thanks

Social source share

That IS my confusion Bob, in the back of my mind I knew they were different artistes, can't remember everything :thumbup: is there anything else of note on CRA?

Thanks

CRA is mostly gospel. It's the same label as Cash and Coin though. There are a bunch of extremely obscure but good soul records on the label. The notations on cash ("now I know") is a really nice 70s northern cut with a great sweet flip. Skip Drake "wrapped around your finger" is a really nice midtempo. Harrison and the Majestic Kind on Coin is a nice ballad version of their twinight cut. There are a few more decent obscure records on the label.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert