Best Record On Contempo

• Replies 85
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

and the album dance dance dance has a wicked sleeve of soul patches.....although everytime i look at it i wonder why theres no east anglian soul club on there :lol:

....probably didn't want to put people off tongue.gif

Social source share

Troop;

Great thread this, the one tune that has always stood out from the Contempo crowd for me is the Major's "Dark and lonely", as mentioned earlier by Darks. Took me years to find a minter on Okeh, both are serious prize possessions in my world.

Gouch

Social source share

Troop;

Great thread this, the one tune that has always stood out from the Contempo crowd for me is the Major's "Dark and lonely", as mentioned earlier by Darks. Took me years to find a minter on Okeh, both are serious prize possessions in my world.

Gouch

:D ,prefer the Okeh cut of "Dark and Lonely" myself.

Got a copy of "Don't forget that i love you " on Contempo in Sales.(sorry for hijack,but business is business :unsure: ).KEV.

Social source share

I would have put that down as the worst record on Contempo :lol:

Chris L

Well you're wrong, it is not the worst, infact it's one of the best!! :)

Social source share

Montclairs Hung up on your love, gets my vote

BH

Best record on Contempo ? Certainly was not " Gotham City Boogie " ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

I already did put it down for the worst.

I hate those scurrying strings, it's just a mess, and those awful falsetto vocals.

Well its not the worst, and its not a mess, and the vocals are great, and are pure soul music!!

You should be ashamed to fault a record of this quaility, because its great and thats a fact!!

You're more wrong than Ray and Dave!

Social source share

You should be ashamed that you can't respect that other people have opinions different to yours, and that's a fact!

I do respect peoples opinions that are positive, the post is called "Best Record on Contempo"

Social source share

:lol: ,prefer the Okeh cut of "Dark and Lonely" myself.

Got a copy of "Don't forget that i love you " on Contempo in Sales.(sorry for hijack,but business is business :rolleyes: ).KEV.

I have the Contempo one, but have never heard the Okeh one, assume it is a different record. Sound file anyone?

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Beat me to it ya rascal!

Ok, I'll go with Roshell Anderson "Know What You're Doing When You Leave"...

Sean

Roshell & Bessie - both terrific deep sides, sure 'nuff! - and wasn't there a nice Tommie Young side also? In a slightly different groove, the Montclairs obviously, and I also rate the Quadraphonics (superb!), Third Time Around and the Boogie Man Orchestra (natch!)

(Worst sides, anything by The Armada Orchestra! :rolleyes: )

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Tommie Young "She Don't Have To See You" / "That's All a Part Of loving Him" Mel.

One of my Desert Island discs for sure!

:rolleyes:

Sean

Thanks, that's the one. (Only got it on one of the 'Soul Deep' compilations though!)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert