Debbie And The Ladds On Ebay

Debbie and the Ladds - "Dear Lord Above" on Ladd finished on ebay this week with a £500 reserve. I do not know it, but the seller sells some good records, so I am thinking it's maybe something I should know!

Item No 280247802286

Anyone know anything about it? Cover/up etc.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Debbie and the Ladds - "Dear Lord Above" on Ladd finished on ebay this week with a £500 reserve. I do not know it, but the seller sells some good records, so I am thinking it's maybe something I should know!

Item No 280247802286

seller say's it books at a grand...wonder which book?

steve

Social source share

Item No 280247802286

I bought this off Mal Worsley from blackpool for more than reserve, got told only a few known copies there is a slower version not as good though imho, dont know who by have played it at Middleton niter went down well as an unknown someone should grab this other copy quick :D

ps my wifes names Debbie & i have two lads :huh: so irony rules

Social source share

IMHO

Its a great northern dancer and pretty rare, i have copy, but paid no where near the price of around the book price of £1000, not listed in JMs book so prehaps he has never had one for sale.

Only ever seen it listed twice in over 20 years. Would consider a serious trade or over £1000 to part with it.

most of the top Northern DJs dont have it as far as i know, thats why its never played out.

The Man in Black

Edited by reforee
Social source share

Heres a few details for you anoraks :lol::thumbup:

LADD RECORDS

Box 514 Raceland Louisiana

Debbie & the Lads featuring Debbie Falls.

A side. The man who comes around (Tucker/Lair/Green)

B side. Dear lord above (Virgil)

A side. A pretty average popish record, definitely white female.

B side. An awesome Northern dancer. The song is actually about her love going to war (Vietnam I

suspect due to the era this recored is from) and her prayers for him, one of the best Vietnam

songs alongside The Bitter & the Sweet (both sides)

Social source share

IMHO

Its a great northern dancer and pretty rare, i have copy, but paid no where near the price of around the book price of £1000, not listed in JMs book so prehaps he has never had one for sale.

Only ever seen it listed twice in over 20 years. Would consider a serious trade or over £1000 to part with it.

most of the top Northern DJs dont have it as far as i know, thats why its never played out.

The Man in Black

At least 3-4 have gone through ebay in the last year. Lew Stanley had one (possibly two actually), a new orleans seller (I forget the ID) had one, that seller who just had one up had one, and there was one more I think that I can't remember.

Social source share

At least 3-4 have gone through ebay in the last year. Lew Stanley had one (possibly two actually), a new orleans seller (I forget the ID) had one, that seller who just had one up had one, and there was one more I think that I can't remember.

I just remembered the user ID of the "new orleans seller" that had it, it was doctorbarnabyfulton or something like that.

Social source share

Thanks everyone for the replies, sounds a good record/dancer for the nighters, and rare too!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert