Odd Question For You

• Replies 84
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

To be honest a female promoter doing the asking didn't even enter my head, how bad's that! :lol:

Personally, I find it a bit degrading when the 'non female' promoters out there only have girls on when it's a 'girlie' night.

Then again, if you're any good, you'll get asked and if you're not, you won't - male or female.

agree with what ya say JJ, to be honest only got bookings on merit alone not the size of me norks, but whats in me boxes ... :D:D

but then unfortunately in some parts of the uk female djays aint taken as seriously as they should be ....... shame on the scene in general .... but poor ole Rays constitution was one of highlighting female tracks/artists and who better to deliver the goods... those with better taste of course :lol:

Social source share

Anyway, meant to say GOOD LUCK with the night Ray. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to reading the playlists.

I love nights like this, it will make the DJ's think long and hard about what they are going to play, which will hopefully result in a few nice surprises.

Up until today I hadn't really given it much thought, but I've just had a quick look through a couple of boxes I've got here, and I am ashamed to say that the boys way out number the girls.

Shame on me! :D

Social source share

Hey girls stop picking on the Rayman .... who imvho has got a very cute ass....lol (sorry ray but ya havel)

He has got one hellva taste in soul trust me I have heard him.....

and as for a girls only nite ... my take on this is that us girlie djays...have had a very hard time making the grade on the scene ... my girls on top 3 (in october) is a tribute to the genius and talent to the female djays on the circuit today only one other in the uk was present when I started this and that was Sam Evans sisters of soul in Hinkley .... in what is other wise described as a male only environment ..... dont dis it sisters ... show these guys that you have a talent to be recognised with.... regardless of gender.

Surely if you started calling yourself female or women DJ's instead of "girlies" you may start the ball rolling in people taking you more seriously. My perception (rightly or wrongly) differs greatly regarding girlies v women. :lol:

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

what about public displays of affection? like,.... Jayne! when you coming Rugby? :P:D

:lol: Yes Jayne, although she could and should reply with when are we coming to Bury? :yes::lol:

Beeks go sit in the corner :yes:

pmsl! :yes:

I think this thread is heading in the blokes versus womens DJs direction...could get messy! :lol:

Social source share

:P Yes Jayne, although she could and should reply with when are we coming to Bury? :lol::D

pmsl! :lol:

I think this thread is heading in the blokes versus womens DJs direction...could get messy! :lol:

It's been going on for years. First thing I posted about in 2004 when i joined!! Only knew of Joan who DJed and Maxine Woon when I started going to things in 1990. Missed Val Palmer at the 100 club. Been to a 'ladies ' night at the 100 club and that was good. Does seem to be a lot more Ladies Djing now.

Social source share

jayne i was wrong, so i appoligise it was Burysoul out by a Miss!

blimey made a right cockup on that :D

russ

:P ..now that is offensive!!...- dont mix me up with him, bloody hell!.lol :lol::lol:

I'm going to be calm today. Ray pm'd me and I pm'd Ray..I'm a calm, happy chick and Ray's going to have a great night at Peterborough.

I'm not just saying that to be polite either, I heard some of Dolly's tunes last week, it's gonna be good. :lol:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Hardly a competition is it...us being the superior species and all that :D:P:lol:

Social source share

:D Yes Jayne, although she could and should reply with when are we coming to Bury? :yes::lol:

pmsl! :lol:

I think this thread is heading in the blokes versus womens DJs direction...could get messy! :P

lol.. good point!... I'll pm' ya a reminder about Bury nearer the time for our 10th anniversary in Oct, if you dont make it to our next one. :yes:

blokes v women?... we all need each other, without one, the other would fail.. :lol:

Jayne.x.

Edited by Miss BurySoul
Social source share

Guest Beeks

Difference being Beeks you think you are the superior species, wheres us females know we are. Anyhow what cha doin out of the corner? :P:lol:

Im using the Dunce cap as a megaphone Dawny :lol:

Besides...I quite like it in the Corner...if the shoes fits and all that :D

Social source share

It's been going on for years. First thing I posted about in 2004 when i joined!! Only knew of Joan who DJed and Maxine Woon when I started going to things in 1990. Missed Val Palmer at the 100 club. Been to a 'ladies ' night at the 100 club and that was good. Does seem to be a lot more Ladies Djing now.

We had a couple of ladies nights at Bury a few years ago, they went down very well and I'm still constantly being asked by women if we'll do another one. It's a shame that women seem to have to appear to put more effort into collecting,etc to be taken as seriously as the guys. Loads of women know their stuff but just dont have the confidence to go up against guys when dj'ing, other women yes but guys no. Personally I agree with Joan but lots of women ask me about it and it seems a popular idea (more in the soul night circles than with niter goers too) :P

If it wasn't 3 weeks away and we had more time, I'd suggest opening up the second room at Bury for the night and making it a 'ladies room'. :lol: (cheeesey I know)... I bet the quality of the tunes would be awesome. maybe in the future (with more planning) I may give that some thought.

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

We had a couple of ladies nights at Bury a few years ago, they went down very well and I'm still constantly being asked by women if we'll do another one. It's a shame that women seem to have to appear to put more effort into collecting,etc to be taken as seriously as the guys. Loads of women know their stuff but just dont have the confidence to go up against guys when dj'ing, other women yes but guys no. Personally I agree with Joan but lots of women ask me about it and it seems a popular idea (more in the soul night circles than with niter goers too) :P

If it wasn't 3 weeks away and we had more time, I'd suggest opening up the second room at Bury for the night and making it a 'ladies room'. :lol: (cheeesey I know)... I bet the quality of the tunes would be awesome. maybe in the future (with more planning) I may give that some thought.

Jayne.x.

Somebody told me that the best 100 Club that they ever went to was the ladys DJing one. Think it was Jumping Joan, Jo Wallace, Val Palmer...all excellent dj's imo anyway! :D

Social source share

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Hardly a competition is it...us being the superior species and all that :yes::D:yes:

Ooh thats fighting talk Beeks! :lol:

I might come to Prestwich just to give you a clip round your ear! :lol:

The thing with getting more ladies behind the turntables (and please don't get me wrong here...) wouldn't it just add to the old more DJ's than punters problem? :P Though i personally would like to see more ladies spinning for our pleasure! :yes: We'd have to get rid of some blokes though... :lol:

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Ooh thats fighting talk Beeks! :lol:

I might come to Prestwich just to give you a clip round your ear! :P

Ok...but if you're coming up...make sure you get a man to drive...or you'll never be able to park :lol::D

Social source share

Jayne.x.

Great idea for the future Jayne, one Im sure which would be well attended, it would hopefully encourage more ladies to get behind the turntables. :D

Petition required then - aim it at BurySoul... :P:lol:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

The 100 club all girl night was good because it had a really diverse line up-Ali Nightingale (one of the best for me :D ), Janine and her Dobie Gray, Karen, Val..possibly Lisa Hurley (may be wrong on that one..) don't think Joanie did it to be honest, sure she'll confim...and Ady as the honorary girl :lol:

I don't think it should matter what sex you are, if you're good enough -you should be picked on merit....And there's plenty of God awful male djs...I read some of the playlists on here and I weep :P

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Ok...but if you're coming up...make sure you get a man to drive...or you'll never be able to park :yes:

I would tell you off for that but you mus have seen my parking! :P

End up in Stoke. :yes:

Probably....or in a ditch! :lol::D

The 100 club all girl night was good because it had a really diverse line up-Ali Nightingale (one of the best for me ), Janine and her Dobie Gray, Karen, Val..possibly Lisa Hurley (may be wrong on that one..) don't think Joanie did it to be honest, sure she'll confim...and Ady as the honorary girl :lol:

I don't think it should matter what sex you are, if you're good enough -you should be picked on merit....And there's plenty of God awful male djs...I read some of the playlists on here and I weep :lol:

Well said that woman! I remember going to the Marrs Bar & Karen Crane doing a set which everybody said was the best of the night! You should be picked on merit! :yes:

Social source share

Guest welshruss

Off topic i know - didnt realise there were so many Russ, on here....

mmmmmmmmmm now what shall i change my name to.. c,mon Beeks your turn. :lol:

(post 45 tomoz mate)

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Off topic i know - didnt realise there were so many Russ, on here....

mmmmmmmmmm now what shall i change my name to.. c,mon Beeks your turn. :lol:

(post 45 tomoz mate)

An Army of Welsh Russells...all would bow before our might :P

Social source share

The 100 club all girl night was good because it had a really diverse line up-Ali Nightingale (one of the best for me :lol: ), Janine and her Dobie Gray, Karen, Val..possibly Lisa Hurley (may be wrong on that one..) don't think Joanie did it to be honest, sure she'll confim...and Ady as the honorary girl :P

I don't think it should matter what sex you are, if you're good enough -you should be picked on merit....And there's plenty of God awful male djs...I read some of the playlists on here and I weep :D

yep, Ali Nightingale has the best female mic voice too (imho) and not that it should matter i suppose. I can't hear most female DJ's on the mic, the voice is too high or not projected very well usually. Jo Wallace being the only other exception.

I've often wondered if it would make any difference if women DJ's were to use a proper female vocal mic behind the decks instead of a male vocal mic..

.. (showing my technical ignorance now).. :lol:

Jayne.x.

Social source share

lol.. good point!... I'll pm' ya a reminder about Bury nearer the time for our 10th anniversary in Oct, if you dont make it to our next one. :yes:

blokes v women?... we all need each other, without one, the other would fail.. :lol:

Jayne.x.

PM? :P Jayne - have you not been listening? :lol::lol::yes: And agree with the comment about Dolly - she has some marvelous tunes. I think it is getting easier for females but the "old skool" boys still dont like it no matter what anyone says. Kylee and I have a favourite "DJ" who insists on doing mic checks halfway through our records! How nice is that? :D

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

PM? :P Jayne - have you not been listening? :lol::lol::yes: And agree with the comment about Dolly - she has some marvelous tunes. I think it is getting easier for females but the "old skool" boys still dont like it no matter what anyone says. Kylee and I have a favourite "DJ" who insists on doing mic checks halfway through our records! How nice is that? :D

Yeah well those 'old skool' boys can put it in their pipes and smoke it! :yes:

Oh yeah, a certain DJ (no one on here) who thinks it's ok to come up halfway through a record and say '1...2..1...2' into the mic! :lol:

Social source share

I'm impressed you call him a DJ, as I know who you are referring to. :yes:

And you know my thoughts on that one.

PM? :lol: Jayne - have you not been listening? :D:lol::lol: And agree with the comment about Dolly - she has some marvelous tunes. I think it is getting easier for females but the "old skool" boys still dont like it no matter what anyone says. Kylee and I have a favourite "DJ" who insists on doing mic checks halfway through our records! How nice is that? :P
Social source share

No room for sexism in this day & age. I agree with the girlie nights comment though. surely it's playing into the retards' hands. we'd have campaigns for boylie nights next, but then some of them might confuse that with the 'any coarse fishers out there' thread.

Social source share

I think we've gone waay off thread...

must be time to shut this one before we get kicked out of here and sent back to freebasing.. :huh:

Jayne.x.

Social source share