Odd Question For You

Not sure

A) how to word this or

B ) where this post should go (mods please help if I've got it wrong)..

Has anyone else had a pm message into their inboxes today from RayM promoting the peterborough event? (I did pm back but not heard back yet)

I've not put this in feedback yet as I wanted to ask if anyone had it too before making assumptions.

Thanks

Jayne.x.

Edited by Miss BurySoul
Social source share

• Replies 84
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes I've had a couple... one about a week ago and one yesterday

Not sure why - just presume its because I'm a girl :D

Don't think I like this kind of promoting though....

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Yes I've had a couple... one about a week ago and one yesterday

Not sure why - just presume its because I'm a girl :D

Don't think I like this kind of promoting though....

I had one aswell! :D

Social source share

I spy a pattern here.

I agree with you kirsty...I dont like this kinda promoting either.

Glad you both got them too though, I thought it was personal.

Jayne.x.

Social source share

I had one from Ray, no two. I aint a girl! Been to previous events and have to say they are brill sound wise if you like quality. Don't know him that well but seems a good guy.

Best Kimbo (have i got a pooch name!!!)

Social source share

I had one from Ray, no two. I aint a girl! Been to previous events and have to say they are brill sound wise if you like quality. Don't know him that well but seems a good guy.

Best Kimbo (have i got a pooch name!!!)

It's not the event I have a problem with, (Dollynormal's Dj'ing so I'm sure it'll be a guddun' :D ) it's the pm'ing to inboxes with such an impersonal mailshot that I object to.

Damn, and I guess I'm helping even more by starting this thread.. :D

Jayne.x

Social source share

Bloo*y Basta*ds! :D

I've not had one.

:lol:

I wouldn't say that - you'll have every promotor on here (except us) bombarding your inbox.. :D

Am I being too sensitive about this?..

Jayne.x.

Social source share

I wouldn't say that - you'll have every promotor on here (except us) bombarding your inbox.. :D

Jayne.x.

Nope you're probably right Jayne.

I was just being a mischevious little monkey - anything for a cheap laugh!

:D

Social source share

Jayne.x.

:D OOer Missus! Was it that personal :lol:

Ray's a nice guy and without knowing what he sent ya I'm sure it wasn't intended to be at all offensive.

Social source share

:D OOer Missus! Was it that personal :D

Ray's a nice guy and without knowing what he sent ya I'm sure it wasn't intended to be at all offensive.

lol... ooer yes it could get that way if all promotors (followed by people with sales lists) start doing it!!.. and I dont want my inbox bombarding thank you..! :lol::)

Jayne.x.

Social source share

lol... ooer yes it could get that way if all promotors (followed by people with sales lists) start doing it!!.. and I dont want my inbox bombarding thank you..! :D:lol:

Jayne.x.

what about public displays of affection? like,.... Jayne! when you coming Rugby? :D:)

Social source share

:D:D I never got one and Ive got a lovely arse!! :)

Yes you have - got a lovely arse that is.

I got 2... he must like arses seeing mine is my avitar :lol:

Social source share

Not sure

A) how to word this or

Has anyone else had a pm message into their inboxes today from RayM promoting the peterborough event? (I did pm back but not heard back yet)

I've not put this in feedback yet as I wanted to ask if anyone had it too before making assumptions.

Thanks

Jayne.x.

Didn't get that, but got a spam PM about the Oldham allnighter a couple of weeks ago

Social source share

what about public displays of affection? like,.... Jayne! when you coming Rugby? :D:D

There you go.. now you're talking!... :lol:

If these pm's made me giggle even, I'd be happier..

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Not sure

A) how to word this or

Thanks

Jayne.x.

Edited by russoul1
Social source share

There you go.. now you're talking!... :D

If these pm's made me giggle even, I'd be happier..

Jayne.x.

I can see your point but then with so much on I suppose everyones gotta try something. And sometimes the fact theyve bothered to take the time to pm at least means they are committed. Free advertising is hard to come by now. but bombarding isnt on.

Social source share

:lol: OOer Missus! Was it that personal :lol:

True, (and so is his co-promoter Russ) Jayne, I think the reason you (and other girlies) received the p.m was genuinely because this event (which I'm going to) is being promoted as "GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS" with girly d.j's (Dolly n Michele (Catfish)) and girly vocals....(a bit of a hen night really ha!)

Fortunately my derriere is in extremely good shape after my swimathon this week....therefore I received 4 p.m's (as opposed to Denise's none! :D ) Only kidding....b'ard didnt even send me one!! :lol::lol:

Social source share

Yes I got one.

I can't say the pm offended me, but I can see Jaynes point regarding everyone doing it.

What does annoy me though is these 'LADIES' only nights (and no I don't mean Ray's night as his is a female RECORDS only night)

What I'm talking about is the 'female DJ's only' nights.

I'm sorry but I can't help but find these nights insulting and patronising to us girlies.

If I'm asked to do a spot, I'd bloody hope it's because they feel I'm up to the job, not because I'm female!

Anyway, like I've always said, it's what's in your BOXES and not in your BOXERS that counts! :lol:

Social source share

Yes I got one.

I can't say the pm offended me, but I can see Jaynes point regarding everyone doing it.

What does annoy me though is these 'LADIES' only nights (and no I don't mean Ray's night as his is a female RECORDS only night)

What I'm talking about is the 'female DJ's only' nights.

I'm sorry but I can't help but find these nights insulting and patronising to us girlies.

If I'm asked to do a spot, I'd bloody hope it's because they feel I'm up to the job, not because I'm female!

Anyway, like I've always said, it's what's in your BOXES and not in your BOXERS that counts! :lol:

could not have put it better myself.

Social source share

Joan you are one hell of a good DJ imo,your welcome at Letchworth anytime !!!!,last time you played at Letchworth you stunned em all mate with your superb choice of tunes,just keep doing what your doing Joan......its a great set you put together,well done..

Toby..

Social source share

Didn't get that, but got a spam PM about the Oldham allnighter a couple of weeks ago

It was from me, I just sent you a PM to make you aware that the Oldham nighter wasn't on the Allnighter planner for 2008/2009 (at that time) in the "Events forum"

Like you say "Don't forget, a PM to me will get your allnighter dates included in the planner!"

I just thought that the Oldham nighter date should be in the nighter planner, maybe I got it wrong?

Like I said at the time "no offence meant"

Social source share

It was from me, I just sent you a PM to make you aware that the Oldham nighter wasn't on the Allnighter planner for 2008/2009 (at that time) in the "Events forum"

Like you say "Don't forget, a PM to me will get your allnighter dates included in the planner!"

I just thought that the Oldham nighter date should be in the nighter planner, maybe I got it wrong?

Like I said at the time "no offence meant"

No you didn't just send me a PM to ask me to put the Oldham niter in the planner, you sent me an advert which included all the details of when, where, what time, who was DJing, how much, etc etc, and you didn't actually mention putting it in the planner either. You just said you had picked a flyer up for it.

In fact, here's the whole of the PM. I can't see one mention of the words nighter planner in it ! Can you ?

Hello Dave, I've picked a flyer up tonight for Souldham (Oldham) nighter

Souldham All Nighter

Saturday July 26th

Queen Elizabeth Hall

West Street

Oldham

OL1 1NL (Sat Nav )

Tickets £10 in Advance £12 on the Door

Box Office 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday

0161 770 4083

Classic Northern and Current Floor Fillers

DJ's

Rob Smith, Mark Freeman, Chris King, Shelia, John Orritt, Ian Gee, Scotty and F.L.J.

Record and Merchandise Traders Welcome

www.souldham.com

More Details Call 07505 395914 or email ; souldham@yahoo.co.uk

Funnily enough it might have been a flyer that I put out that you picked up because Fay sent me a load and I put them out at every venue I attended.

Edited by Dave Rimmer
Social source share

No you didn't just send me a PM to ask me to put the Oldham niter in the planner, you sent me an advert which included all the details of when, where, what time, who was DJing, how much, etc etc, and you didn't actually mention putting it in the planner either. You just said you had picked a flyer up for it.

In fact, here's the whole of the PM. I can't see one mention of the words nighter planner in it ! Can you ?

Hello Dave, I've picked a flyer up tonight for Souldham (Oldham) nighter

Souldham All Nighter

Saturday July 26th

Queen Elizabeth Hall

West Street

Oldham

OL1 1NL (Sat Nav )

Tickets £10 in Advance £12 on the Door

Box Office 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday

0161 770 4083

Classic Northern and Current Floor Fillers

DJ's

Rob Smith, Mark Freeman, Chris King, Shelia, John Orritt, Ian Gee, Scotty and F.L.J.

Record and Merchandise Traders Welcome

www.souldham.com

More Details Call 07505 395914 or email ; souldham@yahoo.co.uk

Funnily enough it might have been a flyer that I put out that you picked up because Fay sent me a load and I put them out at every venue I attended.

Yes Dave, true, I copied and pasted it it off the ad in the events calendar.

I use the Nighter planner on here, thanks for keeping it up to date and all that stuff but sorry for obviously offending, didn't mean to!

Social source share

Not sure

A) how to word this or

Thanks

Jayne.x.

Hi Jayne & all reading this thread - getting more interest here than on "Events Talk" thread! :lol:

No offence intended - appologies if offence made. I just picked off a few people who had previously had something half decent to say who had posted on threads connected with feedback good, bad or indifferent on DKOF, Attic and other Soul nights + my usual friends - both Male and Female. Females were not singled out.

I wont put up here what was sent as it would just be a grab at some advertising - for those that want to see what was sent then just go to Events calender and see the flyer/details for "Girl, Girls, Girls" on Friday 1st August.

Can you put some feedback on our thread Jayne - I would be interested to read what you have to say. I did not reply to your PM as I thought best leave things alone. I think you are over reacting on this one. Interesting read all the replies though!

Once again - no offence intended, females were not singled out.

Ray

Social source share

Hey girls stop picking on the Rayman .... who imvho has got a very cute ass....lol (sorry ray but ya havel)

He has got one hellva taste in soul trust me I have heard him.....

and as for a girls only nite ... my take on this is that us girlie djays...have had a very hard time making the grade on the scene ... my girls on top 3 (in october) is a tribute to the genius and talent to the female djays on the circuit today only one other in the uk was present when I started this and that was Sam Evans sisters of soul in Hinkley .... in what is other wise described as a male only environment ..... dont dis it sisters ... show these guys that you have a talent to be recognised with.... regardless of gender.

Social source share

:lol: I didn't get a PM!....but I'd already spoken to Ray on this one. Would be well worth the drive from Gillingham if only I could get away.

I have to say that with the way things sink so quickly on the Events page I'd much rather be one of the select few to be PM'd by someone who thought I might be genuinely interested than miss a good nite.

I've also been guilty of doing the same thing myself once. Hope no-one was offended. :D

-Kev

Social source share

Guest stash313

yes i saw your deleted post in our thread wondered why? but now it makes sense

i know ray as pmd alot of people from previous threads regards dkof etc and i can say without

doubt not just to females!! dont think his missus would be to happy lol. would have been better

that you replied by pm which i see you did and not start a thread going, as allways the stupid

remarks will come flying in imo.

regards

russ

Russ.

I have not put any post in your thread and have not deleted any post in thread.

His missus wouldn't be too happy? it's a night with female djs and looks pretty well aimed at women.

I did reply by pm but received no response to it.

It's spam mail and I dont think it should happen. Suggest you check again who deleted a post on your thread as it wasn't me.

JAYNE.

Miss BurySoul.

Social source share

Guest stash313

Hi Jayne & all reading this thread - getting more interest here than on "Events Talk" thread! :lol:

No offence intended - appologies if offence made. I just picked off a few people who had previously had something half decent to say who had posted on threads connected with feedback good, bad or indifferent on DKOF, Attic and other Soul nights + my usual friends - both Male and Female. Females were not singled out.

I wont put up here what was sent as it would just be a grab at some advertising - for those that want to see what was sent then just go to Events calender and see the flyer/details for "Girl, Girls, Girls" on Friday 1st August.

Can you put some feedback on our thread Jayne - I would be interested to read what you have to say. I did not reply to your PM as I thought best leave things alone. I think you are over reacting on this one. Interesting read all the replies though!

Once again - no offence intended, females were not singled out.

Ray

Thanks for your reply Ray, it's appreciated. I did ask the question, am I being too sensitive (or whatever I put) so I've no problem with an honest answer.

I'll post on your thread tomorrow when I can log in as myself.

Jayne.

Social source share

sure no offence was meant, however feel do need to nip this in the bud right now

please DO NOT use the pm feature to send uninvited pms regarding event promotion or sales

it can be classed as spam and due to the way it displays (pop up) and also sends email notices it does have the potenial to quickly become very annoying

Social source share

Russ.

I have not put any post in your thread and have not deleted any post in thread.

His missus wouldn't be too happy? it's a night with female djs and looks pretty well aimed at women.

I did reply by pm but received no response to it.

It's spam mail and I dont think it should happen. Suggest you check again who deleted a post on your thread as it wasn't me.

JAYNE.

Miss BurySoul.

jayne i was wrong, so i appoligise it was Burysoul out by a Miss!

blimey made a right cockup on that :lol:

russ

Social source share

sure no offence was meant, however feel do need to nip this in the bud right now

please DO NOT use the pm feature to send uninvited pms regarding event promotion or sales

it can be classed as spam and due to the way it displays (pop up) and also sends email notices it does have the potenial to quickly become very annoying

In Rays defence Mike I think it was done for the pure fact that he wanted some female Djays for his girls girls girls nite.... and had pm'ed lady jocks, with no offence meant at all, just that us fem djays are a rare breed and of course the best of the best post on SS :lol:

Social source share

Hey girls stop picking on the Rayman .... who imvho has got a very cute ass....lol (sorry ray but ya havel)

He has got one hellva taste in soul trust me I have heard him.....

and as for a girls only nite ... my take on this is that us girlie djays...have had a very hard time making the grade on the scene ... my girls on top 3 (in october) is a tribute to the genius and talent to the female djays on the circuit today only one other in the uk was present when I started this and that was Sam Evans sisters of soul in Hinkley .... in what is other wise described as a male only environment ..... dont dis it sisters ... show these guys that you have a talent to be recognised with.... regardless of gender.

To be honest a female promoter doing the asking didn't even enter my head, how bad's that! :lol:

Personally, I find it a bit degrading when the 'non female' promoters out there only have girls on when it's a 'girlie' night.

Then again, if you're any good, you'll get asked and if you're not, you won't - male or female.

Social source share