Being Without You: Maurice Williams

Just going through my record box and started putting various items on ebay... and I admit to knowing bugger all about what's good and what's not... complete and utter novice am I! :rolleyes:

I have, what I am sure is a copy on a 45 of Being Without You: Maurice Williams... 'tis a maroon coloured Deesu Records label with gold lettering... sadly some one has stamped E109319 on the label... grrr... Just played it, first time in 20 plus years and it sound pretty good still... so how much for a copy or whatever is the correct terminology for a copied 45?

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just going through my record box and started putting various items on ebay... and I admit to knowing bugger all about what's good and what's not... complete and utter novice am I! :rolleyes:

I have, what I am sure is a copy on a 45 of Being Without You: Maurice Williams... 'tis a maroon coloured Deesu Records label with gold lettering... sadly some one has stamped E109319 on the label... grrr... Just played it, first time in 20 plus years and it sound pretty good still... so how much for a copy or whatever is the correct terminology for a copied 45?

sadly you have a re-issue , how much its worth, perhaps 20 tops depending on condition that might be a little high

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

originals have a nashville matrix stamp in run out and are green with gold lettering

Top shelf northern soul dancer. As much as we complain about oldies, this is one of those that never loses it's appeal (for me anyway)

Green with gold lettering? What's this then, or did you mean green with silver?

Actually the more i look at it in the light it does look a bit gold.... :ohmy:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Top shelf northern soul dancer. As much as we complain about oldies, this is one of those that never loses it's appeal (for me anyway)

Green with gold lettering? What's this then, or did you mean green with silver?

Actually the more i look at it in the light it does look a bit gold.... :ohmy:

Goldish/Silver :lol::lol:

Dave f.........

Social source share

sadly you have a re-issue , how much its worth, perhaps 20 tops depending on condition that might be a little high

You'd be lucky to get anywhere near 20, I've been selling alot of pressings recently, my Maurice Williams went for £6.50 in decent nick

Social source share

Also booted on green with the gold lettering but no "Nashville" stamp,but looks very much like the originals.

Dave f............

dave,

your confused, but only slightly

the 2 boots are 1. green with SILVER lettering (a Record Haven rip-off, counterfeit)

2. burgundy with GOLD lettering. (we were told these were originals when they appeared..and it fooled nobody)

original is green with GOLD lettering which we regularly sell @ £150 if pristine. £100 used.. which most are.

Social source share

Cheers for all your responses... so what do I use as a description for this Maurice Williams... do I call it a boot in the description? Does a boot mean a pressing too? Here's a picture of the label...

post-3669-1217065386_thumb.jpg

What starting price would I be wise to put in ebay?

Currently I have three 45s for sale which I listed yesterday nobody has visited yet so probably they are not very popular... do I have the prices about right?

Otis Blackwell: It's All Over Me

Columbia: 10654

B side: Just Keep It Up

Condition E- There is one faint mark/scratch on the A side and one also on the B side. Plays excellently!

Starting price £5.00 and buy now at £8.00

0ec1_2.JPG

The Show Stoppers: How Easy Your Heart Forgets Me

MGM 1436

Other side: Eeny Meeny

Condition E- There are faint marks and scratches and the label is in an good condition. There is a mark of where a sticker has been on the Eeny Meeny side label. This 45 plays excellently! This 45 still has its original sleeve which is in a poor condition.

Starting price £5.00 and buy now at £10.00

ee41_2.JPG

The Velours: I'm Gonna Change

UK MGM 2006-603 2nd press

Condition E. Plays excellently with very, very faint marks and scratches and the label is in an excellent condition.

Starting price £2.00 and buy now at £5.00

10d3_2.JPG

Social source share

I'd start the M Williams at £3 and describe it as a reissue/2nd isssue/pressing. Yes boots and pressings are the same thing ie illegal releases ( its all very confusing I know )

The others look OK to me

yep, re-issue or 2nd press, if you describe it as a boot ebay will take it down

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

IS THAT KELLOGS PACKET TOPS NIDGE :thumbup:

Social source share

dave,

your confused, but only slightly

the 2 boots are 1. green with SILVER lettering (a Record Haven rip-off, counterfeit)

2. burgundy with GOLD lettering. (we were told these were originals when they appeared..and it fooled nobody)

original is green with GOLD lettering which we regularly sell @ £150 if pristine. £100 used.. which most are.

I found a silver lettering boot in Downstairs Records in NYC in 1990. Odd.

As for Epics comment, it really is one of the best.

Social source share

I found a silver lettering boot in Downstairs Records in NYC in 1990. Odd.

As for Epics comment, it really is one of the best.

Steve not usual really, as all the "Record Haven" counterfeits were made in New York..the presser "retained" the over-runs and passed them onto "Downstairs".I've found quite a few boots in the USA over the years especially New York, where so many "fakes" originated.

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert