Who Needs Enemies With Friends Like These?

Well I can bring a lot more than that Ian but it's really reggae 45's that I collect, not albums unfortunately - if I bought the albums you mentioned I'm taking a real risk as it's not something I know a lot about. But maybe.

All my reggae 45's are 70's releases mainly, all mint and some nice bits and pieces including some good obscure reggae Soul covers - Lloyd Chalmers "I'm Gonna Love You A Little Bit More Baby" (Barry White), Cedric Brooks "South African Reggae" (Hamilton Bohannon)and a GREAT version of the Kinks "Lola" by Nicky Thomas on Trojan. Probably not enough raries there to make it worthwhile though..........

Apparently original Dub is the new Northern Soul........... :rolleyes:

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

• Replies 70
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well it looks like I've got nearly £4000 to spend, if anyone wants to sell anything...unless of course I do the sensible thing and return all the monies I borrowed to fund buying this collection

Well there must be some way I can prise a percentage of that dosh from you for God's sake! :rolleyes:

I've got a contact down here who has a house full of gear inc a lot of soul and reggae. I'll PM you his number and you can buzz him and see if it's worthwhile OK?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Oh look, here we go, no one from Soulmine bothers to come back and post anything whatsoever, and here is a sales post from someone called 'Miner', with an Aldershot phone number (where Soulmine is based), and selling some of the records which I hand picked out as being among the best of the collection that I was meant to be buying.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/45s-Sale-t77543.html

Social source share

Nah, not mine to invest - I'll give it back

by the way, I would be mad at both parties too if I were you, I was just saying that the seller is more in the wrong clearly as he had an actual agreement with you, the buyer is just sort of shady but didn't necessarily do anything very wrong. I don't know about people in the UK (you guys seem more normal actually), but most of the US record dealers I've met are the shadiest people on earth so I sort of expect that sort of backstabbing behavior.

Social source share

by the way, I would be mad at both parties too if I were you, I was just saying that the seller is more in the wrong clearly as he had an actual agreement with you, the buyer is just sort of shady but didn't necessarily do anything very wrong. I don't know about people in the UK (you guys seem more normal actually), but most of the US record dealers I've met are the shadiest people on earth so I sort of expect that sort of backstabbing behavior.

see the post above your last one for an update...

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Guest Mart B

What a pointless post. You know exactly why I was buying them, because I make my living from selling records. And I don't have the cash to offer anyone else, I'd only got £1500 of my own money and I'd borrowed £2500 of someone else's money which of course I will now give them back as I haven't used it.

How do you know this guy was down on his luck or unable to pay his mortgage?

Last time he sold anything it was because he wasn't getting any dj bookings.

Yeah, what a way to make a living indeed, worse than f*cking shylock I am..

Pete S You make your living selling records get in the real world, most of us get ripped off every week working for this goverment :ohmy: .

Social source share

Oh look, here we go, no one from Soulmine bothers to come back and post anything whatsoever, and here is a sales post from someone called 'Miner', with an Aldershot phone number (where Soulmine is based), and selling some of the records which I hand picked out as being among the best of the collection that I was meant to be buying.

And it looks like their one and only post so surely it's reasonable to assume that they don't visit the site too often? I believe they don't even come on the site to promote their own events.

After all, there is life beyond Soul Source and it seems likely to me that they could be entirely unaware of this thread (as you stated earlier Pete)

Seems to me that there is a lot of presumption on here regarding Soulmine. All this talk of boycotting and ultimatums to respond is a bit OTT, and particularly without knowing the facts.

As someone has already said - the fault lies with the seller. And if you're certain that your name would have been mentioned to Soulmine in which context do you really think it would have been:

"Oh, I've already sold these to Pete but...."

or

"Pete has shown interest in these" (not a bad sales ploy really)

I may be wrong but I'm just trying to apply a bit of logic to all this. Hope it all gets sorted amicably.

Social source share

And it looks like their one and only post so surely it's reasonable to assume that they don't visit the site too often? I believe they don't even come on the site to promote their own events.

After all, there is life beyond Soul Source and it seems likely to me that they could be entirely unaware of this thread (as you stated earlier Pete)

Seems to me that there is a lot of presumption on here regarding Soulmine. All this talk of boycotting and ultimatums to respond is a bit OTT, and particularly without knowing the facts.

As someone has already said - the fault lies with the seller. And if you're certain that your name would have been mentioned to Soulmine in which context do you really think it would have been:

"Oh, I've already sold these to Pete but...."

or

"Pete has shown interest in these" (not a bad sales ploy really)

I may be wrong but I'm just trying to apply a bit of logic to all this. Hope it all gets sorted amicably.

Hi Kev

The soul mine guys do post on here regularly under the id eamsey.

Derek

Social source share

Hi Kev

The soul mine guys do post on here regularly under the id eamsey.

Derek

:ohmy: OH, I thought that was a mate who posted up on the events thread for them. Either way doesn't mean to say they're aware of either the thread or Pete's deal.

-Kev, the eternal optimist.

Social source share

The facts are that I'd made a deal to buy a collection and when I go to buy them, someone else has bought them from under my nose and no-one has said a dicky bird to me.

I've never said anything about boycots and ultimatums, it would have been nice if the people concerned could have added something to this topic seeing as they come on most days.

Bottom line, this would have kept me going as a business for another 6 weeks / 2 months maybe, as it is, I've no more stock left so will have to do something else to make a living.

People who think that all record dealers live in a gated mansion and eat caviar for breakfast don't have a f*cking clue.

Social source share

Prices are a lot OTT or what.

Social source share

The facts are that I'd made a deal to buy a collection and when I go to buy them, someone else has bought them from under my nose and no-one has said a dicky bird to me.

I've never said anything about boycots and ultimatums, it would have been nice if the people concerned could have added something to this topic seeing as they come on most days.

Bottom line, this would have kept me going as a business for another 6 weeks / 2 months maybe, as it is, I've no more stock left so will have to do something else to make a living.

People who think that all record dealers live in a gated mansion and eat caviar for breakfast don't have a f*cking clue.

for fucks sake get over it and stop moaning!!!!! ............. :lol:

Social source share

I rang him to confirm what time I should go pick them up and hand over the money on saturday - he tells me he sold them several days ago because they offered a grand more than me...after already accepting my offer

Eyup Pete, as they say mate, money talks, only problem is it sometimes lies too. Look at it like this, one door closes and another opens and your time will come if you know what i mean. Seems all too often in my opinion, just what has happened to mateship eh?????

Gone to the dogs unfortunately. Stay soulful. Regards Tony E. OZ.

Social source share

for fucks sake get over it and stop moaning!!!!! ............. :lol:

**** off if you've got nothing constructive to say. I have been trying to explain that I now have no way of earning any money for the next 2 months and you think I'm just moaning?

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

:lol: Pete, I was referring to other posts not yours.

In trying to make sense of all this I wasn't aware that they were on here most days. I would still like to think that they were unaware of a done deal though. You mentioned a phone number re their sales - why not ring it and find out?

Still think the seller is the one to be castigated here.

Social source share

I'm going to close this thread now as it's going nowhere and I've given the honest truth and facts about what happened, what anyone else wants to do or not do as the case may be is entirely up to them, if you don't see any more lists from me in the future, you'll know why :lol:

Social source share