Who Needs Enemies With Friends Like These?

You good people at the Soul Mine, it would have been polite if you'd told me you were coming up to buy the collection that I had already shook hands on after my offer was accepted. Oh and of course it would have been nice if Reg Fradgley had had the guts to ring me and told me he'd sold them to someone else. Never mind the fact I was still selling my best reggae stuff this week and borrowing left right and centre so I'd got the money in place for collecting them on saturday. So thanks a lot, you deserve each other.

Social source share

• Replies 70
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hands shook?

Deal done I.M.O.

I rang him to confirm what time I should go pick them up and hand over the money on saturday - he tells me he sold them several days ago because they offered a grand more than me...after already accepting my offer

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

fully agree..........no f**king INTEGRITY.......SEEMS TO BE IN SHORT SUPPLY IN SOME QUARTERS OF THE SOUL SCENE

Social source share

I rang him to confirm what time I should go pick them up and hand over the money on saturday - he tells me he sold them several days ago because they offered a grand more than me...after already accepting my offer

Looking at it from his p.o.v. - a grand is a decent wedge of cash.

He'd promised them to you - he should have at least let you know the situation about the higher offer.

In this situation I don't think you can blame Soulmine - they probably asked what the highest offer was and beat it, probably not knowing that he had accepted your offer.

Social source share

He'd promised them to you - he should have at least let you know the situation about the higher offer.

In this situation I don't think you can blame Soulmine - they probably asked what the highest offer was and beat it, probably not knowing that he had accepted your offer.

I'm more angry with the fact that I've sat here for days trying to get the money together when all he had to do was ring and say sorry, I've had a better offer, do you want to match it...or ring me and tell me he'd sold them - not make me sit here like a c*nt all week expecting to pick them up on saturday.

Secondly, he would have told them who was interested, thats how he does things, he likes to drop names in.

I'm not blaming soulmine for anything, I'm just saying whats happened and I'm extremely unhappy about it, mainly because I sold things like The Uniques - Gypsy Woman and Errroll Dunkley - The Scorcher to finance buying this collection and now I'm left without the reggae or the soul.

Mate if you'd had a fortnight like mine you'd understand why I'm so pissed off: car cost me £940 for the engine repair, get it home to find they hadn't done the exhaust which was dropping off, had to take that back for a welding job which cost me another £30, then the cd player and lighter electrics all died, bloke charged me £50 for that though I reckon it was probably a fuse! Oh, on sunday my pc crashed and thats been in, I've got it back now but theres no sound. And on monday night, I managed to erase all 9000 tracks on my ipod.

Anyone remember "Unlucky Alf" off the fast show?

Social source share

Oh he sells on here cheers Tabs

Correct Ted.

I know both Alan and Derek and its not the thing they would normally do.

I think pikeys dog has probably hit the nail on the head.

They made a higher offer not even realising a deal had been done.

Social source share

A hand shake is a hand shake is a hand shake is a done deal. the way I understand Pete the record collection wasn`t up for highest offer, it was up fo a straight deal. So after the deal had been done with the buyer (Pete) there shouldn`t have been any missunderstandings that is impossible for a third party to come in. It would be the same if you sell a record be it auction or set sale and after the deal has been done the seller tells you a day later "oh hang on, there is somebody just come in offering me x more". No way. IMO only of course.

but as you say Soul Unltd. may not be the one to blame as they probably didn`t know. In dubio pro reo.

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

You good people at the Soul Mine, it would have been polite if you'd told me you were coming up to buy the collection that I had already shook hands on after my offer was accepted. Oh and of course it would have been nice if Reg Fradgley had had the guts to ring me and told me he'd sold them to someone else. Never mind the fact I was still selling my best reggae stuff this week and borrowing left right and centre so I'd got the money in place for collecting them on saturday. So thanks a lot, you deserve each other.

Not etiquette at all Pete,but business is business ,brings out the devil in people.

If it's any consolation,looking at the prices on soulmine's website, im surprised they sell many records :thumbup:

Social source share

Not etiquette at all Pete,but business is business ,brings out the devil in people.

If it's any consolation,looking at the prices on soulmine's website, im surprised they sell many records :thumbup:

=====

hey pete dont worry mate - its only Reggae shit :shades:

cheer up son and put a wigan tape on !

Social source share

SORRY TO HEAR THAT PETE..YOU KNOW I BACKED OUT THE DEAL. AS I KNEW YOU PUT A GOOD OFFER SHOULD HAVE OFFERED YOU 50-50 CASH DEAL OR JUST THE CASH.....REAL BUMMER DEAL...OR NO DEAL CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOUR PISSED OFF...

SWO :thumbup:

Social source share

PETE

JUST SEEN THE BIT ABOUT YOUR COMPUTER.

YOU CAN HAVE MY LAP TOP TILL YOU GET YOURS SORTED.

GIVE ME A CALL.

Swoz I'm alright mate, I@ve got another pc and I've also got a laptop, it's just my main pc thats the problem - I'm actually using it now, got most of it fixed but the sound has died today - not even static coming out of the speakers. I do appreciate the offer though, cheers.

Social source share

Swoz I'm alright mate, I@ve got another pc and I've also got a laptop, it's just my main pc thats the problem - I'm actually using it now, got most of it fixed but the sound has died today - not even static coming out of the speakers. I do appreciate the offer though, cheers.

ANYTIME BUD.ALL THE BEST

Social source share

Shite this...

Pete you know the seller he isn't the type of person to play people is he?

how would soulmine know the records were for sale, unless he approached them.. maybe he used your offer as a guideline in his mind added £1000 quid on your price and asked them if they wanted to pay £whatever..

if they never offered the money then he would have sold to you.. bet he tried it on with them without them knowing..

only a thought.. but it is more shite

Social source share

Shite this...

Pete you know the seller he isn't the type of person to play people is he?

how would soulmine know the records were for sale, unless he approached them.. maybe he used your offer as a guideline in his mind added £1000 quid on your price and asked them if they wanted to pay £whatever..

if they never offered the money then he would have sold to you.. bet he tried it on with them without them knowing..

only a thought.. but it is more shite

Probably - possibly even - but he'll have mentioned my name because he mentioned theirs to me, a week after we'd first agreed on the sale

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Would have thought Soulmine would have been on here by now to put their side of the story :thumbup:

Social source share

Were you buying the collection to enhance your own collection or selling them on individually to make a profit?

If the latter, then be realistic it wont be the first time or last time record dealers gazump each other.

On the plus side you have now got the funds to offer a quick cash deal for some other poor fellows collection down on his luck selling to pay his mortgage etc.

What a way to make a living.

Ed

Social source share

Were you buying the collection to enhance your own collection or selling them on individually to make a profit?

If the latter, then be realistic it wont be the first time or last time record dealers gazump each other.

On the plus side you have now got the funds to offer a quick cash deal for some other poor fellows collection down on his luck selling to pay his mortgage etc.

What a way to make a living.

Ed

What a pointless post. You know exactly why I was buying them, because I make my living from selling records. And I don't have the cash to offer anyone else, I'd only got £1500 of my own money and I'd borrowed £2500 of someone else's money which of course I will now give them back as I haven't used it.

How do you know this guy was down on his luck or unable to pay his mortgage?

Last time he sold anything it was because he wasn't getting any dj bookings.

Yeah, what a way to make a living indeed, worse than f*cking shylock I am..

Social source share

Guest Bogue

I would think this is what is being referred too Ted.

https://www.soulminelimited.com/

:unsure: Spooked me when i clicked that, Dickie Wonder started up & it's my ring tone, was searching all around me for the phone :lol:

I'm more angry with the fact that I've sat here for days trying to get the money together when all he had to do was ring and say sorry, I've had a better offer, do you want to match it...or ring me and tell me he'd sold them - not make me sit here like a c*nt all week expecting to pick them up on saturday.

Secondly, he would have told them who was interested, thats how he does things, he likes to drop names in.

I'm not blaming soulmine for anything, I'm just saying whats happened and I'm extremely unhappy about it, mainly because I sold things like The Uniques - Gypsy Woman and Errroll Dunkley - The Scorcher to finance buying this collection and now I'm left without the reggae or the soul.

Mate if you'd had a fortnight like mine you'd understand why I'm so pissed off: car cost me £940 for the engine repair, get it home to find they hadn't done the exhaust which was dropping off, had to take that back for a welding job which cost me another £30, then the cd player and lighter electrics all died, bloke charged me £50 for that though I reckon it was probably a fuse! Oh, on sunday my pc crashed and thats been in, I've got it back now but theres no sound. And on monday night, I managed to erase all 9000 tracks on my ipod.

:lol::lol:

Sorry Pete, not laughing at your predicament, it was the 'Unlucky Alf' comment :lol:

Shit trick in my opinion ! Handshake means deal !!!

:g: Does that mean the cheap KCP's is off the menu now ? :lol:

PETE

JUST SEEN THE BIT ABOUT YOUR COMPUTER.

YOU CAN HAVE MY LAP TOP TILL YOU GET YOURS SORTED.

GIVE ME A CALL.

SWO :ohmy:

Great post :lol:

See everyone loves you really :D

Social source share

What a pointless post. You know exactly why I was buying them, because I make my living from selling records. And I don't have the cash to offer anyone else, I'd only got £1500 of my own money and I'd borrowed £2500 of someone else's money which of course I will now give them back as I haven't used it.

Just to say it isn't this Reg he means :lol:

Bad luck Pete, I know you must be gutted that you've been let down like this. I won't have anybody say anything bad about you-I mean you've even sent me free records! How cool is that for an unscrupulous record dealer!!!

Social source share

Guest Bogue

well everyone except Reg and Tomangoes :unsure::ohmy:

& F****** me !!!! :lol:smash%20computer.giftrash%20through%20window.gif Got engrossed in this & forgot the record I was watching on ebay ! Been keeping my eye open for ages for an afordable 'Themes- No explination etc' Audition copy.................... & it went for $35.70 big%20cry.gif

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

:lol: ............Merchant of wombourne don't sound right at all pete :unsure:

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

OK, easy solution is preserve the £940, get yer arse down here, hand over the dosh and then plunder my Reggae collection.

What else do you need to know? All first pressings LOL - I checked 'em - they still have the original 'Beverly's' stickers on 'em plus I nearly got lynched trying to buy 'em until the Montego Bay cab driver sorted things out LOL.....

F*%k the welchers Pete. Come down here and I'll put a smile on your face.

Don't forget the £940 OK?

Ian D :lol:

Social source share

OK, easy solution is preserve the £940, get yer arse down here, hand over the dosh and then plunder my Reggae collection.

What else do you need to know? All first pressings LOL - I checked 'em - they still have the original 'Beverly's' stickers on 'em plus I nearly got lynched trying to buy 'em until the Montego Bay cab driver sorted things out LOL.....

F*%k the welchers Pete. Come down here and I'll put a smile on your face.

Don't forget the £940 OK?

Ian D :D

Well I can bring a lot more than that Ian but it's really reggae 45's that I collect, not albums unfortunately - if I bought the albums you mentioned I'm taking a real risk as it's not something I know a lot about. But maybe.

Social source share

& F****** me !!!! :ranting_1:smash%20computer.giftrash%20through%20window.gif Got engrossed in this & forgot the record I was watching on ebay ! Been keeping my eye open for ages for an afordable 'Themes- No explination etc' Audition copy.................... & it went for $35.70 big%20cry.gif

Well at least that's cheered me up :laugh:

Social source share

It does not matter whatever the sum was - a deal made , is a deal done , full stop .......

When we we selling our previous house , the sale was going through with no problems : I was then offered £6K more than the deal by a party who had made a previous , and unsuccessfull offer , who were desperate for the house .........

I refused , despite being tempted by the £6K , and stuck to the deal with the buying party .......

As stated - A DEAL IS A DEAL .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

I think Soulmine should offer you the chance to buy them at their cost plus a small admin fee Pete if its worth it to you.

If the deal had been done in England its morally accepted but not legally however if it had been done in Scotland its both morally and legally bound. Sorry about the useless information!

Another Option Soulmine could do not to tarnish their reputation is do a 50/50 split you Pete!

ATB Steve

If they dont come on here within 48 hours to explain themselves we should all boycott them!

Social source share

Guest Bogue

Well at least that's cheered me up :ohmy:

:lol:

I couldn't help but chuckle at the irony of it after, It was a deffinate Alf 'Oooh Bugger' moment ! :lol:

Social source share

I think Soulmine should offer you the chance to buy them at their cost plus a small admin fee Pete if its worth it to you.

If the deal had been done in England its morally accepted but not legally however if it had been done in Scotland its both morally and legally bound. Sorry about the useless information!

Another Option Soulmine could do not to tarnish their reputation is do a 50/50 split you Pete!

ATB Steve

If they dont come on here within 48 hours to explain themselves we should all boycott them!

I don't understand why people keep saying soulmine tarnished their reputation or did anything wrong. Soulmine did not have any sort of agreement with Pete. The seller did. The seller is the one who breached any deal. Maybe it was slightly shady, but the fact that soulmine managed to get the collection from under pete doesn't mean that they breached any agreement, etc. The seller is the one who should be badmouthed here.

Social source share

I don't understand why people keep saying soulmine tarnished their reputation or did anything wrong. Soulmine did not have any sort of agreement with Pete. The seller did. The seller is the one who breached any deal. Maybe it was slightly shady, but the fact that soulmine managed to get the collection from under pete doesn't mean that they breached any agreement, etc. The seller is the one who should be badmouthed here.

It depends if the buyers got any ethics or not doesn't it really. If I'd known they'd got an arrangement which had been agreed on, I wouldn't have undermined it.

Social source share