Record Prices - The Truth

Just a little experiment here folks.

On a few occasions recently someone has aked the 'realistic' price of certain 45s. Been buying/trading/selling the odd 45 for the last 30 years and I've posted what I felt were prices that the 45s could be found for with a little work. On most occasions the person asking comes back and says "I'll have ten at that price" or "lot more than that nowadays, Dave". Well I'm prepared to be corrected, but I just don't believe it most of the time. To check the guides, look on Ebay and use those particular sources of references result in people 'accepting' that the 45 that they want is actually that price, when for people who buy records every day, is simply not true in my opinion.

EXAMPLE: Kansas City Playboys - Quittin' Time - Wheelsville

For me that's a 30 quidder. Had a few over the years and still have on in my collection - it's a great version.

"Ive seen em at 100".

Listed or SOLD at 100? That's the difference. "Seen" where? "Seen listed at......" is a waste of words. So, completely unscientific but .....interested to find out what it actually SELLS for so.....has ANYONE paid 100 for the KCPs....EVER? I found two on Popsike at 40 quidish but that was a couple of years ago. Hs it been reactivated since? Has Butch been hammering it? Has a Wheeelsville label collectors club started?

If I was to now list that 45 for sale, I would list it 100 and see what happened. See the logic now? Or is it illogical? Someone would have seen my list and then quote on here....I've seen it at 100! If a dealer makes a mark up of even 100% there's no way is a dealer gonna pay 50 quid for the KCPs. If that was the case people would be beating a path to their door with all their 'cheaper' 45s, believe me.

Taking into account there seems to be a downturn in the less rarer record prices being achieved (ask anyone who's selling 45s on here), and the whole thing seems to be a house of cards built on sand.

So.......who paid 100 for the KCPs? Or is it just a figure in a guide?

Social source share

• Replies 88
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Ste Brazil

On a few occasions recently someone has aked the 'realistic' price of certain 45s. Been buying/trading/selling the odd 45 for the last 30 years and I've posted what I felt were prices that the 45s could be found for with a little work. On most occasions the person asking comes back and says "I'll have ten at that price" or "lot more than that nowadays, Dave". Well I'm prepared to be corrected, but I just don't believe it most of the time. To check the guides, look on Ebay and use those particular sources of references result in people 'accepting' that the 45 that they want is actually that price, when for people who buy records every day, is simply not true in my opinion.

For me that's a 30 quidder. Had a few over the years and still have on in my collection - it's a great version.

"Ive seen em at 100".

Listed or SOLD at 100? That's the difference. "Seen" where? "Seen listed at......" is a waste of words. So, completely unscientific but .....interested to find out what it actually SELLS for so.....has ANYONE paid 100 for the KCPs....EVER? I found two on Popsike at 40 quidish but that was a couple of years ago. Hs it been reactivated since? Has Butch been hammering it? Has a Wheeelsville label collectors club started?

If I was to now list that 45 for sale, I would list it 100 and see what happened. See the logic now? Or is it illogical? Someone would have seen my list and then quote on here....I've seen it at 100! If a dealer makes a mark up of even 100% there's no way is a dealer gonna pay 50 quid for the KCPs. If that was the case people would be beating a path to their door with all their 'cheaper' 45s, believe me.

Taking into account there seems to be a downturn in the less rarer record prices being achieved (ask anyone who's selling 45s on here), and the whole thing seems to be a house of cards built on sand.

...loads of lists i receive state 'seen at £100' etc, its just b*****t most of the time and its blatantly obvious!

Ste.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Record prices always seem to me to be driven by the self fulfilling prophecy idea. Once one or more people say it's work such and such, or one sells, that starts the ball rolling and then everyone you ask comes up with the same price. It's like bloody estate agents and their valuations, they only value a house based on comparing like with like (something any muppet can do btw) and if the ceiling moves up, they all start valuing at the new price and so on... Demand and current popularity always plays a role but it's as much to do with what figure people pluck out of the air combined with what someone somewhere is prepared to pay. Look at the Mighty Marvellows, £15 record at most, now suddenly £40 since word of mouth, a couple of sales and a few plays out.

We're fools to ourselves maybe. We should start talking prices down i reckon.

Social source share

Interesting this Dave, we base our prices on the file of any particular record.

Our file tells us in the last ten years exactly.

1. how many copies we have had,

2. what price they sold

3. conditions of the 45s

4. exactly who bought them

5. Date of last copy listed

6. date of last copy sold

At the click of a mouse,we can see that info for 160,000 invididual items.

So that helps me to decide a price.

On the record mentioned KCPs Wheelsville 115.

We have had in 10 years we have had ONE vg+ copy we listed @ £75 on 26/09/05

sold 29/11/05

We would certainly list it @ £100 next time, especially if the copy is better than vg+

Considering during the same period we have had 8 Bernie Williams, over 10 Al Williams, 2 Cheating Kind's, 2 Inticers on Baby Luv etc etc.

Sorta makes you think, doesn't it?

Social source share

It's the sheep mentality. Someone lists a record for £30 more than it's worth, then the rest have to follow because they think they're going to lose money, and instead they get stuck with the record for months.

It's a shame we can't go back to pre-price guide days when knowledge was actually needed in this game. Now it counts for nothing because you've got freak auction results, moronic ebay bidders and inaccurate price guides.

People try to sell recodds at 'proper' prices and the customers think there must be something wrong with the goods cos it's half the book price.

How f*cking stupid is that?

Social source share

KCPs....sold an EX copy about 15 months ago for £100 and a VG copy couple of months ago for £40. Not disagreeing with some of what's Dave has said but on this particular record I think £100 is about right on it.

Cheers,

Adam.

Social source share

It's been this way for a while now, but you just gotta try n 'read' these prices, just like you have to 'read' the manship prices. When I see a valuation of a record @ say £200 I'll very rarely pay this.

The way I see it this is often the case:

-->Manship/big dealer prices for record x @200

-->'Valuation prices' for this record @150

= can be picked up @100 if you look long enough

This is of course a generalisation, but it's a way of finding out the approx value of a record, and sometimes with these rare ones there's not many valuations about, so you gotta work with what you have.

Btw: most accurate way to get to know a record price: check the ss search function for a record. If there's any records that SOLD (that's not the same as listed) at price x you'll be very near the exact valuation of a 45.

Social source share

2. what price they sold

3. conditions of the 45s

sold 29/11/05

We would certainly list it @ £100 next time, especially if the copy is better than vg+

Considering during the same period we have had 8 Bernie Williams, over 10 Al Williams, 2 Cheating Kind's, 2 Inticers on Baby Luv etc etc.

No not really. I've had 3 of them but no Bernie Williams or Cheating Kinds. It's all relative.

Social source share

No not really. I've had 3 of them but no Bernie Williams or Cheating Kinds. It's all relative.

Your dead-right. I just checked my office stock and we have THREE copies.. just never got to listing it.. still when we do, it will be £100. So yours should fly @ £60, in fact sell it to me. Is it nice nick?

Edited by john manship
Social source share

I suppose an auction would determine the price of that record but if you auctioned a second what would the price be, seems each record has its own value even though its large batch of originals.

I have been looking at Pat Brady's auction today, he never sells a record short ever always over the top prices but for me this isn't making sense even JM and Ebay fall short some weeks and not every record is in vogue all the time.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Your dead-right. I just checked my office stock and we have THREE copies.. just never got to listing it.. still when we do, it will be £100. So yours should fly @ £60, in fact sell it to me. Is it nice nick?

I can't, I promised it someone else in the separate thread. Granted, I haven't had it for 3 years previously, but I haven't wanted it or looked for it so that's what I base it being not that hard to find, because before then it was as common as Lil Soul Bros, that sort of thing.

Social source share

Its back to the old saying its what your prepared to pay not what someone thinks its worth.

You can list a KCPs at £100 everytime but I wont buy it if its more than £50 and thats in EX or mint cond.

However you could list List Quasar one by Cleveland Eaton at £500 and I would buy it within 3 seconds.

I have sold things like The fabulous dimensions on here for £20 in the last couple of years but people are offering it now at 5 times that just because it gets afew plays- That smells of opportunism IMO or it means Im bloody useless at selling records! :rolleyes:

Social source share

2. what price they sold

3. conditions of the 45s

sold 29/11/05

John, if you haven't sold a copy of a record in the past 10 years does that make it expensive or cheap using this system ? i'll have copies of all the things that are coming to you for the first time if it makes them cheap :rolleyes:

a 10 year database must be a great point of reference.

I sometimes wonder if or how you major dealers can even remember what records you had back in the 70 / 80s when mass volumes of 45s were coming over. It surely wasn't until much later when the true raritry of some records become more appreciated.

Social source share

Its back to the old saying its what your prepared to pay not what someone thinks its worth.

Very true - everyone has a different opinion on what something is worth.

I only buy records to sell that I actually like and don't mind hanging on to if they don't sell

I've passed on things like Five Royales in perfect condition at a cheap price on the basis I wouldn't want to be stuck with it

Social source share

what pisses me off to a degree is when two cash rich collectors go after say a £300 TOPS tune via an auction and site and push THAT record up to say £500.

The next one that come for sale is met with a £450 price tag and the obligatory "recently sold on Manships site for £500" those folk are worse than the people that bid over the top imo...

Ive just sold two records Grover Mitchchell ===take your time and love me demo and ZZ hill what more £5 each I was told by another bloke I'd done myself as they go for more, I know but thats waht I think they are worth.

Social source share

what pisses me off to a degree is when two cash rich collectors go after say a £300 TOPS tune via an auction and site and push THAT record up to say £500.

The next one that come for sale is met with a £450 price tag and the obligatory "recently sold on Manships site for £500" those folk are worse than the people that bid over the top imo...

Ive just sold two records Grover Mitchchell ===take your time and love me demo and ZZ hill what more £5 each I was told by another bloke I'd done myself as they go for more, I know but thats waht I think they are worth.

Thats exactly what the guy I mentioned in a previous thread had done over the Connie Stevens- He saw it on manships auction at £250 and instantly puts one up on ebay for $450 starting bid. He even admits he got it for $1.00 no interets in the music at all just sheer profit- Has the cheek to put the item on here in the Ebay link section but doesnt offer it to anyone on here first! At least when people sell on here their is a debate about the record and debate about the price!

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

KCPs....sold an EX copy about 15 months ago for £100 and a VG copy couple of months ago for £40. Not disagreeing with some of what's Dave has said but on this particular record I think £100 is about right on it.

Cheers,

Adam.

it was me that bought it from you for £40 and considered it to be a fair price, based on the fact that i had been looking for it for easily more than a year and was pleased to finally get my hands on one, will i ever sell, no way pedro, not even for a 100£

the tag of 100£ is a bit of a surprise though but isnt it all about how much a record means to someone and how badly they want it?

but at the same time blatant profiteering is very common

Social source share

Has the cheek to put the item on here in the Ebay link section but doesnt offer it to anyone on here first!

Like you say, though, this person didn't know the value and wasn't necessarily even a soul fan....he might understandably be hesitant to offer something that he didn't know the value of (an Ebay auction reveals a "worth"). Personally I like soul music a lot but I'm very much a novice at knowing what's what. I think the true fans (uhh...my British cousins) deserve first crack at these sort of records, as they're using, living, enjoying the music and not just sticking it up on a shelf and giving it the occasional listen. I've started two topics in this forum in the last week or so, asking for info on two records, and I'm definitely going to sell those particular two records; if anyone here's actually interested in them I wouldn't want to give the impression that I'm just trolling for info and not interested in taking offers on them.

Edited by hrtshpdbox
Social source share

Like you say, though, this person didn't know the value and wasn't necessarily even a soul fan....he might understandably be hesitant to offer something that he didn't know the value of (an Ebay auction reveals a "worth").

He knows enough about them to keep turning them up and getting the likes of me to sell them and get interest in them though..

Social source share

Explain please !!,why should who buy's something have a baring on the price.....like some sort of right royal provinance or something ?

Social source share

Pete S said:
He knows enough about them to keep turning them up and getting the likes of me to sell them and get interest in them though..

I'm not sure I get ya there - does he sell them to you or not? Anyway, I'm not him, if anyone has any interest in these two please let me know:

Social source share

hrtshpdbox said:
I'm not sure I get ya there - does he sell them to you or not? Anyway, I'm not him, if anyone has any interest in these two please let me know:

Oh hang on, I'm talking about someone else here. But the guy with the Connie Stevens record does know about soul, he sells enough of it.

Social source share

HANG ON THO',

isn't the first question that pops into yer head when buying-"how much does it go for?".

We've only got price lists ,popsike and honesty from other buyers to go on.

It only seems to make the news when a sound fetches more than the norm,not when we get a "bargain".

Record pricing?,,lick your finger and hold it to the wind,or rely on those who maybe know better?.

There's a lot of spare cash around atm for certain records.

Social source share

Some good input so thanks for the interest.

I think John's way of pricing his stock is the only one to use a sort of historical/factually based data system and fair play, for his business that's a must. But by the same token, it only applies to the 45s that John sells surely because his other credentials and business savvy have resulted in John being the 'leader of the pack' and able to command prices that reflect this. Other sellers can't achieve the same sale price.

Does anyone doubt that the 100 he could maybe achieve for a copy of KCPs would be impossible on a set sale list posted on here? I found two copies at 40, someone else bought one for 40 recently off Adam, so how come it's a given that it's a 100 quidder? I just don't get it. Not looking for any definitive answer, just seems that people pay a lot more for their 45s than I do and therefore they overvalue them in relation to what THEY paid. And not, as should be used what they could realistically sell them for. (Unless of course the people who overvalue them are still buying). Does that make sense? :rolleyes:

Social source share

HANG ON THO',

isn't the first question that pops into yer head when buying-"how much does it go for?".

We've only got price lists ,popsike and honesty from other buyers to go on.

It only seems to make the news when a sound fetches more than the norm,not when we get a "bargain".

Record pricing?,,lick your finger and hold it to the wind,or rely on those who maybe know better?.

There's a lot of spare cash around atm for certain records.

Hi Kev,

I understand what your saying and that's maybe where my theory falls down. I buy records I like based on one criteria...how often does it show? That's it. I'm not influenced by what other people pay for their records, it's not really a reflection of how hard the 45 is to find. After buying records for so many years I've built up enough confidence in my own knowledge and experience to make that call. Granted, that's only good for me. Maybe that's why I keep raising my eyebrows at some of the prices quoted (NOT paid), on the Sales or Look In Your Box Forums.

Social source share

I've had problems with valuing tunes but thought it was 'cos I've been away for a while and was looking to sell stuff that maybe isn't played out any more. I've asked for valuations on here - seems much more accurate than say trolling ebay/pospike/gemm/Manships/Brady then trying to find a mean or 'average' if you like - then listed them at what I've been told, only to get a few PM's stating "it's not worth x but I'll give you y" :unsure: Example is the Sonny Daye a few weeks back, had answers from £100-£200, so obviously, wanting to get as much vinyl as possible with sale funds I started high and it finally went for £100, which was disappointing but the only offer. Now people are obviously going to say that's its actual market value now, but I think Ken's right - at the end of the day it's all relative, and a £100 tune for some is a tenners worth to others (unfortunately I've only been selling to others :) )

I'm never going to be after the 'big money' tunes, many of which imho seem a bit overrated/overpriced (see Dave's start of thread :rolleyes: ) it seems to me that as long as people pay too much for 'em, that will be the new market price

forgotten where I was going with this now, I'll concentrate on me bangers & mash and maybe it'll come back............. :ohmy:

Social source share

"Ive seen em at 100".

an example about rarity and price etc ; Bobby Reed bell 45 there's one nearly every week on e-bay so how can it be rare yet still goes for big money even more on uk auctions and this 45 has been on regular for the last couple of years,i guess it is still in demand enough to command the big prices but when your paying all that when you know there'll be loads more to come baffles me

Social source share

Hi Kev,

I understand what your saying and that's maybe where my theory falls down. I buy records I like based on one criteria...how often does it show? That's it. I'm not influenced by what other people pay for their records, it's not really a reflection of how hard the 45 is to find. After buying records for so many years I've built up enough confidence in my own knowledge and experience to make that call. Granted, that's only good for me. Maybe that's why I keep raising my eyebrows at some of the prices quoted (NOT paid), on the Sales or Look In Your Box Forums.

thats right DAVE-"how often does it show?",forgot that one.

Which explains price hikes,cos if you don't know the answer to that and are impatient or impetuous,out comes the wallet or plastic.

Or maybe you'll pay over the odds to acquire that elusive piece?.I know i've been outbid on fairly low priced items,only for them not to show up again for 1-2 years.

But when they raise their heads again.................. :rolleyes: .

Edited by KevH
Social source share

This is a question that crops up all the time and is simpy unanswerable.

Far too many if's /but's and why's to work out a true price of a individual record.

If it's in demand then you will always get someone willing to pay more for it eg,LEE FIELDS

Doe's not the fact that one person, who for argument's sake is a millionaire, and can simply afford to pay more for a record than ordinary Joe,come into the equation??

Someone once said to me ," i can't be arsed to wait for a record to appear on ebay at a bargain price,if i want it ,i'll get the first available copy".

How many people look at a guide price or say,Jm's site/musicstack/popsike/gemm to find out a certain records value, then when satisfied ,bid on a copy on ebay and get one at a decent price,only to find it's not mint like the one J M was selling .

Someone won a George Hobson on ebay two nights back for £305 :rolleyes: It was graded 5 out of 10.

Seller states 5: vg-... A bit rough but will play ok. Fills the collection.

So is this a true price for a George Hobson??I await Jm's auction result with :ohmy: interest

£305 for a knackered record is ludicrous in my book ,no matter how much cheaper than a decent copy.

Imho the people who always have this point of view, are generally people, who as a rule don't sell records, but want to own rare records they can't afford, so have a dig at people on here who sell things

out of their price bracket!

A lot of sellers on here are merely moving stuff on ,in order to fund a latest want,and in the process want back what they paid ,which they regard a fair price.

It will always be a buyers market ,which is what someone is prepared to pay!just like cars,houses and anything else.You can go into an electrical store and haggle for a tv and get a different price than the one advertised. How many people have tried it?If THE ANSWER'S NOT ME ,then obviously you were happy to pay the asking price.

All the info gathered regarding a particular record is merely a guide tool, which, a certain person will break down to help find the price they are happy to pay.

could go on and on but we'll leave it at that eh :unsure:

Social source share

this stuff is nothing new.

Lonnie Lester was in every sales box going and probably still is in a lot of them and at 100 quid. I think its an incredibly common record and should be 20 quid tops but there you go. Wether I like the record or not I just can't justify paying that money for something that is always available.

I recently baught the Bill Wright on Tragar oin here for 100 quid. It was graded low so I rang up for a listen. It paleyd great and I believe i've grabbed a realy good buy. It shows occasionally and usually pretty rough but in this day and age its a hard to find record.

It amazes me how a record as fantastic as Bill Brandon "Rainbow Road" can go throuhg ebay for $150 now a days yet Sam Fletcher is always listed over 200 quid and is another example of a very common record.

You just need to know what you want how much you want to pay for it a bollox to all the idle talk thats what I say.

Roy Robets "You move me" is still considered a $10 record yet to me its fantastic and a touch undervalued if I didn't pay that price i'd have gone to 20 quid easily.

this can go on and on.....

Social source share

Does anyone doubt that the 100 he could maybe achieve for a copy of KCPs would be impossible on a set sale list posted on here? I found two copies at 40, someone else bought one for 40 recently off Adam, so how come it's a given that it's a 100 quidder?

Nor arguing with the genera point but the one I sold at £40 was VG/VG+ (although it played great!). If it had been a minter I would have asked £100 for it and pretty sure I would have got it, or pretty close to it.

Adam.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

rule of thumb......if a dealer is selling it, it's rare as rocking horse shit and everyone wants it.If a dealer is buying it,there's loads of em about and he can't get rid of it. If a record gets plated i.e lee fields,coz dobbo reactivated it,because it's a great tune.Everyone else tells everyone else.....this is rare,butch is playing it , I want £300. The moral is buy a record coz you like it,not to dj with coz that little phenomenon also puts up the price artificially.....tezza

Social source share

I bet 90% of people on here have got or have had Epitome of Sound, yet i have seen an issue priced at 200 recently and lots of other copies well over the 100 mark, come on, some of you dealers are having a laugh at the ordinary punter. Keep the Faith, should read rip the faith

Social source share

Thing is, anyone can recount incidents referring to individual records, and traipse out lots of overused cliches. But that wasn't really the thrust of my point. I suppose at the end of the day people buy records for a myriad of reasons, and a myriad of prices. I was mainly commenting on how/why do people on here quote 'seen at 100', or 'More than that now, Dave' when the example I used (KCPs) shows that those type of comments are in no way an accurate reflection on what the 45 can be found for. We have 3 at 40 and Pete's sale at 60. Lets average that out and we come to - 45. So, by the same people's analysis the KCPs current price (in VG+), should be 45. John's price of 100 doesn't enter the equation because the original question was 'What would be a realistic price I could get this 45 for?' It didn't say 'I am in hurry to get this 45 and don't care what it costs to own - I HAVE to have it and have it NOW and I will, with my bulging credit card!'

I said 30, the other concensus was 100. I rest my case M'lud. I suppose we just live in different worlds. :rolleyes:

Enjoyed the input, just a bit of banter about these likkleblackplastikfingswotweluvsntreshures eh?

Social source share

I bet 90% of people on here have got or have had Epitome of Sound, yet i have seen an issue priced at 200 recently and lots of other copies well over the 100 mark, come on, some of you dealers are having a laugh at the ordinary punter. Keep the Faith, should read rip the faith

You're absolutely right of course, no way in the world should this record be even £50. Though quality wise, it's worth thousands.

Social source share

Thing is, anyone can recount incidents referring to individual records, and traipse out lots of overused cliches. But that wasn't really the thrust of my point. I suppose at the end of the day people buy records for a myriad of reasons, and a myriad of prices. I was mainly commenting on how/why do people on here quote 'seen at 100', or 'More than that now, Dave' when the example I used (KCPs) shows that those type of comments are in no way an accurate reflection on what the 45 can be found for. We have 3 at 40 and Pete's sale at 60. Lets average that out and we come to - 45. So, by the same people's analysis the KCPs current price (in VG+), should be 45. John's price of 100 doesn't enter the equation because the original question was 'What would be a realistic price I could get this 45 for?' It didn't say 'I am in hurry to get this 45 and don't care what it costs to own - I HAVE to have it and have it NOW and I will, with my bulging credit card!'

Perhaps a more accurate consensus of records values will occur when the sentence reads ' I have to get rid and get rid now as my bulging credit card is maxed and I can't but any fuel and food'

Social source share

PAUL

WHENEVER AN AUCTION TAKES PLACE , ITS THE NAME OF THE GAME. SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER.

ART...ANTIQUES..CLASSIC CARS/BIKES ETC..RECORDS..MAKES NO DIFFERENCE . I'ME PROUD THAT I'VE WON SO MANY HIGH PRICED AND PRIZED RECORDS, AND EVEN PROUDER OF THE PEOPLE THAT OUT BID ME. PEOPLE LIKE US ARE THE ONES WHO TURN YOUR RECORDS TO GOOD CASH ,SO WHATS WRONG WITH THAT..THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE MANSHIP...BRADY...TIM BROWN ETC. PEOPLE WANT ORIGINALS PLAYED. SO DJ'S AND COLLECTORS HAVE TO PAY THE PRICE..LETS FACE IT WE PAY £900 FOR A RECORD AND YOU GOT A COPY ARE YOU REALLY GONNA SELL IT FOR A FIVER.OR YOU GOING TO USE THE MAGIC WORDS LAST COPY SOLD AT?????

SWOZ

Social source share

Guest Bogue

I said 30, the other concensus was 100. I rest my case M'lud. I suppose we just live in different worlds. :shades:

Enjoyed the input, just a bit of banter about these likkleblackplastikfingswotweluvsntreshures eh?

:thumbup: "I rest my case" ?? The bloke asked "What label is the KCP's on & what is the going rate ?"

He didn't ask "What label is it on & how much will it cost if I either travel around the US or watch ebay for a few years" !!!

I don't claim to be an expert but just going on what i have seen the KCP's on Wheelsville has been over £50 for a good 4/5 years now ! I don't have the dosh to pay anything i like for a tune & i have no gain from hyping up a price, i am one of those that does keep an eye on ebay for certain tunes to try & get them cheap, & in the past 3/4 years i have seen that come up once ! & it didn't go for under £50 let alone the below £30 you quoted !

Where are these 3 for £40 too then ? do you have a link ? The same goes to the 'Caped record price crusader' from Wombourne biggrin.gif As much as i like him its always 'I've had' or 'I've got but someone else wants it' biggrin.gif never 'here's one at that price'

I do sympathize with some of what you say Dave but i also think a lot of old school like you are caught up in what you have seen in the past as oppose to the now. I think you underestimate the amount of people out there who desire these type of tunes. For every one of the people who moved in the right circles & had the knowledge & supplies of these 45's way back, there were a hundred like me who 'wished they had' the knowledge & supplies.

Now that is something that has been opened up to us in recent years with the guides & the advent of ebay & i think some of these so thought endless piles of cheapies have been gradually sucked up & they just are not there in the volume that some people seem to think. There are many like this, the KCP's being just one !

& don't forget that the market has expanded even further to the Continent & the likes of Australia & Japan !

Another one i can point out from a personal point is 'The Ambers - Potion Of Love / Another Love' again that was a £30 tune & I bulked at $80 for a promo 3/4 years back on ebay. How i regret that !! in the past couple of years i have been beaten at $100, $120 & $140 !

Back to the KCP's thread, look at the few who posted on there, most said it took them ages to find & that they wouldn't part with it. Think the same applies to the 'Epitome Of Sound' that someone brought up, yes it was an easy tune to an extent, but also a very popular one & nobody who has it wants to part with it ! I certainly wouldn't get rid of mine even if someone offered me £1000 !!

In short, there may be quite a few of these so called cheapies around in total, but not which people want to part with.

Social source share

Where are these 3 for £40 too then ? do you have a link ? The same goes to the 'Caped record price crusader' from Wombourne :unsure: As much as i like him its always 'I've had' or 'I've got but someone else wants it' :ohmy: never 'here's one at that price'

Of course, I forgot you are f*cking omnipresent and know what I had for breakfast and at what time of day I take a dump and of course you know about every record I sell and who I sell it and for how much. :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bogue

Of course, I forgot you are f*cking omnipresent and know what I had for breakfast and at what time of day I take a dump and of course you know about every record I sell and who I sell it and for how much. :lol:

:ohmy: ........... :lol: Was a bit worried about the colour today Pete, think you ought to book a check up at the doc's :unsure:

Social source share

Of course, I forgot you are f*cking omnipresent and know what I had for breakfast and at what time of day I take a dump and of course you know about every record I sell and who I sell it and for how much.

Wow, how does he know what you had for breakfast? I can't figure you Brits out, not one bit, you're a mysterious lot!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert