William Bell Interview

Guest SoulBoogieAlex

• Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Superb Interview and what a great guy Mr Bell is.

I also had the pleasure of interviewing him (over 10 years ago) for the tremendous Soul magazine, Voices From The Shadows.

Unfortunately it was around the time of the mags demise and the issue never appeared (we're all still waiting :ohmy: ). I guess the copy (if its not in the bin) is now propping up a desk somewhere near Hull biggrin.gif .

At the time he revealed quite a bit about his Peachtree setup. Even said he'd bumped into James Fountain to say 'Hi' to on the street only a day or two earlier!

Certainly one of my favourite artists. Such an incredible repertoire and yet, I've always found, so very underrated for his huge body of work, over here in the UK.

Either way, thanks for the link and for a really excellent piece on a true Soul legend.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Guest SoulBoogieAlex

Thanks!

He's quite a thrill to interview by the way. Very kind and talkative. That man is a walking treasure chest of history.

Social source share

...an interview with William Bell when he was in Amsterdam. You can read the results...

Great interview. Thanks for posting. I posted (.i.e. linked to) this interview on another forum too. Don´t think you mind?! No response there yet though...

Regards,

Melismo

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SoulBoogieAlex

I thought it was very good. Especially the Soul Children. If you ever catch the chance to see them live, do not hesitate.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert