Record Info

Guest glyn-w

Guest glyn-w

Hi i have a coppy of Adams Apple, Dont take it out on this world..its brunswick demo red lable..british..near mint.. only numbers on hear are B100 and BR42 and stamped B-100 in the run out groove i cant see it in manships so just wonderd if eny of you soulies new of it and its value...Thanks..

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Simon

Hi i have a coppy of Adams Apple, Dont take it out on this world..its brunswick demo red lable..british..near mint.. only numbers on hear are B100 and BR42 and stamped B-100 in the run out groove i cant see it in manships so just wonderd if eny of you soulies new of it and its value...Thanks..

Hi Glyn,

Only about a tenner i'm afraid, it's not that rare & fairly easy to pick up.

Simon

Social source share

Hi Glyn,

Only about a tenner i'm afraid, it's not that rare & fairly easy to pick up.

Simon

Original British release, came out long before Kent released it on a 45. Well worth having, and as Simon say's £10 will get you one.....but you can double that also, I've seen them going for £20 no sweat.

Manship's UK releases price guide lists your red demo @ £25.

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

Came out in the UK around 1975. Can't believe that Brunswick even cocked up the original year of release by 4 years on the UK issue!

Would an earlier date not be the original (US) release date?

Social source share

Guest glyn-w

Came out in the UK around 1975. Can't believe that Brunswick even cocked up the original year of release by 4 years on the UK issue!

says it came out in 1963 on the lable or is that just the copyrite :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest glyn-w

Original British release, came out long before Kent released it on a 45. Well worth having, and as Simon say's £10 will get you one.....but you can double that also, I've seen them going for £20 no sweat.

Manship's UK releases price guide lists your red demo @ £25.

Thanks for the info sir..thought it would be around that price...but as i allways say, i recon the british vinal`s are a better quality ???

Social source share

Hi glyn

I got this on the uk demo

and in my run out it says B-100-1C

Goes for £20/25

hope this helps

Steve

Social source share

I think it sounds like its dubbed of a US demo, but I do remember that it was played in the 60ts on Radio 1 or Caroline not sure if it charted.

You've surely got to be mistaken - they wouldn't play a non UK released non USA chart single, especially one that sold nothing.

They may well have played their other single, You are the one I love - but not by them, by Harlem Jons Reshuffle.

Anyone getting more than 20 quid for a copy is very lucky

Social source share

I knew the record very well before I ever heard it played on the Northern scene it was a bit like Zager & Evans In The Year 25 25 cold psychedelic pop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNM2K8cmU8, my dad like cricket & jazz on the radio but first thing in the morning radio 1 or Caroline was on and I am sure that's where the record was played.

I remember when I first heard it played at Wigan and surprised that what I thought were chart records like that were being played.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert