The Sun Newspaper Today

Couldn't believe my eyes....in the Sun newspaper today (page 15) there's a piece about the 'Top Ten Greatest Dance Records Of All Time'...voted by radio 2 listeners....the usual suspects are there with Michael Jackson's Billie Jean topping the list.

Right at number 10 it's the Charades 'Key To My Happiness' !!!!! Yay!

How many people are gonna be saying.... "top ten greatest dance records of all time? I've never even heard of number 10!!!"

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This was all part of a Radio 2 series and they asked people to vote on it. Unfortunately they had certain fixed tracks to vote for. As Ian Levine was one of the in house experts(and arguably correctly). His favourite northern sound just happens to be the Charades, according to one of my books(possibly the In Cowd). And that is why it is on the list.

Paul

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

This was all part of a Radio 2 series and they asked people to vote on it. Unfortunately they had certain fixed tracks to vote for. As Ian Levine was one of the in house experts(and arguably correctly). His favourite northern sound just happens to be the Charades, according to one of my books(possibly the In Cowd). And that is why it is on the list.

Paul

saw old levine dance once at the mecca............funniest thing ever,can't remeber if he was dancing to the charades lol

Social source share

Paul

The Sun(newspaper), Ian Levine, and Charades, all seem to go together :D

Kev :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

If they're going to choose a Jackson song it has to be 'Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough' surely? I played that 45 to death when i was 13, if it was played out i would be on the floor like a shot! :yes:

Social source share

Guest ian e

Couldn't believe my eyes....in the Sun newspaper today (page 15) there's a piece about the 'Top Ten Greatest Dance Records Of All Time'...voted by radio 2 listeners....the usual suspects are there with Michael Jackson's Billie Jean topping the list.

Right at number 10 it's the Charades 'Key To My Happiness' !!!!! Yay!

How many people are gonna be saying.... "top ten greatest dance records of all time? I've never even heard of number 10!!!"

Hi Soul Slider,

Totally agree mate but on the plus side THE CHARADES,are most likely getting more plays than old plastic face,thank the lord.

And its a class track deserved to be higher

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Something to be a happy about a little but maybe they should have done a Northern soul top 10 of all time dance tracks.

Ian Levine no doubt would have picked at least all the songs

Social source share

Actually, having just listened to some of the other tracks listed (most of which I've never heard of) The Charades should have probably had a higher listing. There are, in my humble opinion, though some much better dance tracks - I wonder how they advertised that they were doing this?

Social source share

Actually, having just listened to some of the other tracks listed (most of which I've never heard of) The Charades should have probably had a higher listing. There are, in my humble opinion, though some much better dance tracks - I wonder how they advertised that they were doing this?

Irrespective of what records featured in the chart , I would like to know the opinions of the presiding panel , as to what they considered to be the determining factors that made the " perfect " dance track .........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

It must have been a 'charade' because it would have taken everybody quite a few goes at guessing to assertain what he was doing.

KTF

Baz

saw old levine dance once at the mecca............funniest thing ever,can't remeber if he was dancing to the charades lol
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert