Another Ebay Story

Ive put up a few Soul / House cds

One of them was ST Germain - Tourist - Ive played only a few times because I was also given one as apresent so decided to sell the spare.

I checked it before it went off infact I played it while I was packing all the other bits.

Anyhow it reached the prize sum of 99p and £1.50 postage - I packed it in a record mailer and sent off Yesterday.

Today I got this message:

Hello,

Item received today and I'm afraid to say I'm very disappointed with its condition, in fact appaled that you would try and sell something like this. I needn't have bothered trying to play it at all!

In light of this I hope for you to replace the item free of charge or give me a full refund. I will not waste my own money posting it back to you, especially to see it probably appear back on here again. If you wish I can send photos to prove the condition.

Please respond immediately as I will not hesitate to raise a dispute over this for the sheer principle alone.

Yours sincerely,

Joy

I know we all make mistakes but I didnt on this one-

I have taken up her offer of the photos and asked for a photo of the packaging as well.

Ive asked her to send it back & Ill refund her total and all the postage. But as you can see she is not willing!

What should I do -

Social source share

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

One of them was ST Germain - Tourist - Ive played only a few times because I was also given one as apresent so decided to sell the spare.

I checked it before it went off infact I played it while I was packing all the other bits.

Anyhow it reached the prize sum of 99p and £1.50 postage - I packed it in a record mailer and sent off Yesterday.

Hello,

Item received today and I'm afraid to say I'm very disappointed with its condition, in fact appaled that you would try and sell something like this. I needn't have bothered trying to play it at all!

In light of this I hope for you to replace the item free of charge or give me a full refund. I will not waste my own money posting it back to you, especially to see it probably appear back on here again. If you wish I can send photos to prove the condition.

Please respond immediately as I will not hesitate to raise a dispute over this for the sheer principle alone.

Yours sincerely,

Joy

I have taken up her offer of the photos and asked for a photo of the packaging as well.

Ive asked her to send it back & Ill refund her total and all the postage. But as you can see she is not willing!

What should I do -

send her the postage in stamps.. she already has the packaging so that won' cost her and ask her to return it for a full refund...

that way no extra costs to her.. and if she won't return it ask why. wink.gif

then post up her address so we can order Pizza and take aways for her :lol::(

Social source share

Hello,

Yours sincerely,

Joy

What should I do -

If you're quite sure it was in good nick & well packaged and that she's trying to pull a fast one - and her refusal to return the CD (good album by the way thumbsup.gif ) seems to suggest she is - then f*** her. Take the hit on your feedback if it comes to that, at the end of the day if anyone decides not to buy from you 'cos of one dodgy feedback then it's probably a customer you can do without. Everyone who uses ebay should by now be wise enough to know there are dodgy customers as well as dodgy sellers, and the fact that ebay have taken away the right for sellers to leave negative feedback was always going to leave same sellers sh*tting themselves over losing their 100%. Tell her if she won't return it, you won't refund it, if not "f*** off and do your worst". Can sellers still respond to negative feedbacks? At least you could put yopur side of the story over & let people decide for themselves....?

Social source share

Hello,

Yours sincerely,

Joy

What should I do -

Hi Steve

chances are ,she already had a copy that is abused,and has used you to obtain a decent copy,without paying for it.

I'd take her to task,on principle.

After all ,you stand to lose approx £2.50 if you lose.

Cheeky gits about :lol:

Alternatively you could just refund her and forget the whole sorry affair.

Maybe next time take a close up pic or find a way of proving which copy was yours :(

security pen that shows up under ultra violet light

Good luck either way thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Steve I would advise that you go onto the ebay users forum and post up exactly what you've posted here and you'll get a lot of replies from people who know what they are talking about (and others who don't) but you'll certainly get a lot of advice

Social source share

If you're quite sure it was in good nick & well packaged and that she's trying to pull a fast one - and her refusal to return the CD (good album by the way thumbsup.gif ) seems to suggest she is - then f*** her. Take the hit on your feedback if it comes to that, at the end of the day if anyone decides not to buy from you 'cos of one dodgy feedback then it's probably a customer you can do without. Everyone who uses ebay should by now be wise enough to know there are dodgy customers as well as dodgy sellers, and the fact that ebay have taken away the right for sellers to leave negative feedback was always going to leave same sellers sh*tting themselves over losing their 100%. Tell her if she won't return it, you won't refund it, if not "f*** off and do your worst". Can sellers still respond to negative feedbacks? At least you could put yopur side of the story over & let people decide for themselves....?

I put it in a record mailer packed between the usual card and extra little bits because of the size of a cd- I charged her £1.50 for P&P and it cost £1.38 postage - I could have just sent it in ajiffy bag but because Ive loads of mailers I used them even though it makes it heavier.

Its that she has already said she wont return gives me the supicion that shes pulling it!

Social source share

Hello,

Yours sincerely,

Joy

What should I do -

This is probably an early example of the "sellers dilemma" now on ebay.... buyers can "almost demand" money back for items received stating " such as above".... sellers are almost compelled to respond to the buyer's demands so that no "negative" is received with the assured confidence that the seller can't respond with a "negative"....

Absolut b*ll*x to the sellers.... a "god's gift" to the buyers.... what I mean is a buyer receives the item then "makes out" that it is shoddy in some way and so wants a refund.... and the refund involves a "free" replacement or a "full refund" with them keeping" the item thus having the same outcome.... bid, complain and get for free....

F*ck asking for photos because the buyer can manipulate the packaging and probably also "doctor" the item in any photo programme....

You've done the right thing.... f*ck them off and offer a full refund including return postage costs upfront.... then sit back and wait for "excuse" not to do so but still want full refund with no return of item....

To me that sort of reply means you have now "got them".... the next question would be why "not accept full refund plus return postage".... then forward all to ebay and "hope" they have the decency to "side with the seller" on this instance....

An acceptence of your offer could indicate they have a "genuine gripe" and are being "honest and upfront"....

But then again it could mean "I've tried it on and lost" but it's not cost owt and they will try to do the same with someone else :(:( .... or is that being too pessamistic about buyers with the new ebay rules :lol: ....

p.s. hope you get sorted "properly" however it turns out thumbsup.gif ....

Edit after posting....

chances are ,she already had a copy that is abused,and has used you to obtain a decent copy,without paying for it.

That's another thought on it....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

I put it in a record mailer packed between the usual card and extra little bits because of the size of a cd- I charged her £1.50 for P&P and it cost £1.38 postage - I could have just sent it in ajiffy bag but because Ive loads of mailers I used them even though it makes it heavier.

Its that she has already said she wont return gives me the supicion that shes pulling it!

Precisely - she probably realises that sellers are that little bit more reticent about taking things on now they've "lost their voice" I would seriously ask her out on it if your feedback can take it. After all, it's not as if you're pulling one last dodgy deal to retire on here, is it :lol: It's not the £3 odd, it's the principle hypocrite.gif

Social source share

Steve I would advise that you go onto the ebay users forum and post up exactly what you've posted here and you'll get a lot of replies from people who know what they are talking about (and others who don't) but you'll certainly get a lot of advice

Forgot about that pete - Cheers

I suppose she thinks that because the item was so cheap he wont risk his positive feedback just for £2.50

Social source share

Trouble is;

I think that ebay has tried to address the problem with Rogue Sellers.

Completely forgetting in the process that Rogue buyers also exist.

ebay should reconsider their rules, feedback etc.

If not

Could be all downhill from here in this "No Win No Fee" culture that we now live in.

Shame. sad.gif

Hope that you get it sorted Mate, a worrying time for sellers on ebay at the moment.

Social source share

you're probably better off selling modern stuff like this over at discogs.com - it's set-sale not ebay, and you can see what items have gone for in the past (the 'check market price history' link)

had a few non-payers, but otherwise has been fine, very smooth, and site is easy to use (once you find the correct issue - all these major labels with slight name variations and long-winded catalogue numbers are a pain)

Social source share

Guest souljack

Hello,

Yours sincerely,

Joy

What should I do -

send the asc round mate,sort the split erse oot,seriously tho sounds like shes at it hope you get it sorted out,i hate f*****rs who try to have you over just for the sake of them being a lying thieiving low life ,all that grief for £2.49,what a red neck for her imagine making yourself a thief for that ,post her contact details so i can order her a huge takeaway and about a dozen taxis,,,
Social source share

Pete Iposted on the ebay community basically saying the same as here

To date she hasnt sent the photos- Funny that from someone who wanted and immeadiate response! wink.gif

Social source share

send the asc round mate,sort the split erse oot,seriously tho sounds like shes at it hope you get it sorted out,i hate f*****rs who try to have you over just for the sake of them being a lying thieiving low life ,all that grief for £2.49,what a red neck for her imagine making yourself a thief for that ,post her contact details so i can order her a huge takeaway and about a dozen taxis,,,

a 6 metre load of concrete to be dropped on the drive,is my suggestion, ph34r.gif but why waste energy time etc on garbage? ez

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

My Advice would be to follow ebay and Paypal Processes, If she starts a Paypal dispute then she is responsible for all return costs, something i'm sure you would want her to pay, knowing the Item is perfect.

like others have said, Rogue Buyers with a little more power.

Remember One bad Feedback is not the end of the world and buyers can see through this.

Chin Up

Jules

Social source share

Guest bradcam

Her name's "Joy". Oh irony, irony.

Tarred and feathered she should be. Lop her head off and blame it on the Vikings.

Social source share

Guest bradcam

Also. I noticed there are no details about the cd in her message. Was this the case?

It looks like a standard message she is sending to lots of folks. :lol:

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

Also. I noticed there are no details about the cd in her message. Was this the case?

It looks like a standard message she is sending to lots of folks. :lol:

Scammer.

I've been in exactly this situation with an item I sold a couple of years back, they said it was not 'as advertised' and as it was a piece of junk they'd dispose of it for me to save my time.

I called their bluff, told them to feel free to neg me (I had a couple of negs already so wasn't too bothered). Oddly they let it drop.

Social source share

Hello,

Yours sincerely,

Joy

What should I do -

Something similar happened to me earlier this year. I sold a Garage 45 to an US guy. Almost three months after I posted the record he contacted me, said he just got the parcel, opened it and the record wasn't really in great shape. He said, he could send me photos. Told the guy that there's something fishy about. I mean, he waited for at least two months for the record and wasn't worried if it ever turns up? Told him to return the record and if he's right I will refund. Guess what? Never heard from him again :thumbsup:

Never trust any photos sent! It's so easy to to make the picture of a record looking like the record's snapped in 100s of pieces or scratched beyond believe.

Social source share

Just thought i would mention this as im pissed off it wasnt me some lucky punter just bought a ron henderson choice of colour , your love on the apt label for $100 the seller said it plays perfectly if so bargain

im sure the bargain buy stories of ebay are more than the horror stories

while im here anyone know the price for a ss james brown LP I cant stand myself when you touch me

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Hello,

Yours sincerely,

Joy

What should I do -

I think you should get her home address from the contact details on Ebay.....

Then go and kill her.

Firm but fair i think you`ll find :D

Joy my arse, Fucking misery more like.........

Good luck son.......

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert