Soul Night Petition - Horncastle

shute

Hi,

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

"Horncastle Northern Soul Music Support Group"

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/horncastlenorthernsoul?e

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time.

Thanks!

The above had been sent to me via email from one of the promotors

Edited by shute
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi,

I wanted to draw your attention to this important petition that I recently signed:

"Horncastle Northern Soul Music Support Group"

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/horncastlenorthernsoul?e

I really think this is an important cause, and I'd like to encourage you to add your signature, too. It's free and takes less than a minute of your time.

Thanks!

Signed and good luck (local Councils and all that stuff!)

Social source share

Sorry - Posted in wrong thread.

Dave, am I missing something here, have I had the wool pulled over my eyes? (yet again)

This is the text that I got when I clicked on the link

The petition

This petition has been created to convince the local council that the event licence of Twin Lakes / Horncastle Golf Club should not be limited on the strength of one persons view.

The club house is situated 1 mile outside ot the town of Horncastle which has a population of around 6,000.

Our Northern Soul Nights are in their 6th year with never a complaint or a hint of any kind of trouble, the problem arose when another promoter organised raves at the club. At the end of the night they took their sound system outside and set up in a nearby field and it is assumed that it is the club who are responsible.

Taped evidence was presented at the first hearing with loud music playing, engines revving, car doors banging and bird noises in the background, supposedly recorded at 2.30am at 250mtrs and 500mtrs from the clubhouse.

The letter of complaint is from someone who lives in North Yorkshire and a part time resident of a nearby static caravan park within a wildlife sanctuary who claimed the music made her ill, she does not state what the illness is or have a doctors certificate in support of this claim.

The owner of the caravan park has set up this venture within 500mtrs of the club.

Planning permission for a new club house was granted some years ago and a complaint against that building was also upheld and has caused work to be put on hold at roof level until a solution is found '2 years on the solution has not been found'

This function hall is the only one of it's kind within a wide radius and caters for many weddings and parties, it will be sadly missed if the owners convert the building to an alternative use which is the other option being considered.

Our Northern Soul night in May raised £300 for Cancer Research and these bi-monthly events will cease along with the revenue it brings to the local community, many people book into local guest houses and hotels to spend the weekend in the area bringing valued trade to the town.

Social source share

Don't wish to get involved in a slanging match. What people do and how they do it is their business. Perhaps someone from the 'organisation' that is asking for our support could elaborate on their bootleg policy. Not just playing them but 'make your own CDs' in a completely bogus/sly way that tries to slip the copyright issues.

Social source share

Don't wish to get involved in a slanging match. What people do and how they do it is their business. Perhaps someone from the 'organisation' that is asking for our support could elaborate on their bootleg policy. Not just playing them but 'make your own CDs' in a completely bogus/sly way that tries to slip the copyright issues.

Dave

as is your wish not to sign a petition to stop the council closing a venue down.

your choice as we do live in a democracy and everyone has their own viewpoint.

just hope other people see that it is the venue and soul nights we are supporting,

Doug Hall

Social source share

Dave

as is your wish not to sign a petition to stop the council closing a venue down.

your choice as we do live in a democracy and everyone has their own viewpoint.

just hope other people see that it is the venue and soul nights we are supporting,

Doug Hall

Hi Doug,

Stop bootlegging and I'll willingly sign your petition. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Done for the Horny Crowd :)

Fingers crossed Sept is OK cos south yorks in attendance! :P

Cheers Ash, be nice to see you again its been ages....

There is a scooter rally there soon, if the old bugger thats complaining is having one of her weekends twitching .... I reckon we will be doomed.... fingers crossed she stays at home!!!!

Social source share