Monday - Best Day Of The Week

Mike

.. for happy go lucky smile on your face threads

know its monday and all that but how about a day off from serious inward looking threads

am sure there's loads of good positive soul connected things that can talk about or pass on

sure it be no major hassle if just put the "putting the world to rights" post on hold for a day :thumbsup::ohmy:

what you reckon ? :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 60
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

know its monday and all that but how about a day off from serious inward looking threads

am sure there's loads of good positive soul connected things that can talk about or pass on

sure it be no major hassle if just put the "putting the world to rights" post on hold for a day :thumbsup::shades:

what you reckon ? :wicked:

Mike you rebel!! :ohmy: Well bloody said. Its getting depressing on here lately and it dont cost much to have a laugh. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Mike you rebel!! :ohmy: Well bloody said. Its getting depressing on here lately and it dont cost much to have a laugh. :thumbsup:

:wicked::shades::P......................and at no cost at all! :thumbsup:

Social source share

hooray its Monday

the kids are on the way to school, I'm off to the gym to listen to the old ladies who congregate in the sauna and repeat the same stories over and over... its like being at a nighter laugh.gif

and best of all I'm actually going out this weekend for the first time in what feels like months (though in reality its only a few weeks)

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

:lol: ...well that got me smiling...but how long were you wearing the last ones... wink.gif

What a refreshing thread to start off the week... :D

I love Monday mornings, coz the kids go back to school and I can have some me time... thumbsup.gif

They're only off for two days! laugh.gif

I'm happy because my work system has crashed meaning that i can't do any work until the bods in Holland (i work for a Dutch company) have sorted it! :D Also, i stayed in this weekend just gone which means i'm even more excited about doing the two soul do's & a nighter next weekend! :lol:

Social source share

Bazzin' it's Monday at last,

I'm havin' a day off work to get over the weekend. (Game of golf Friday afternoon, Junction Friday night, Middleton Saturday and down to Wheel yesterday afternoon)

Only three and half more working days 'til playtime again!

Social source share

Mike you rebel!! :lol: Well bloody said. Its getting depressing on here lately and it dont cost much to have a laugh. thumbup.gif

BAH! HUMBUG I SAY :lol: NO seriously good idea too much sh*t around us in the world, lifes too short my answer is 36_1_1.gif BE HAPPY!!!! ITS NICE TO BE NICE!!!! PS WHAT ACTUALLY DID YOU HAVE FOR BREKKIE MIKE biggrin.gif

Social source share

BAH! HUMBUG I SAY laugh.gif NO seriously good idea too much sh*t around us in the world, lifes too short my answer is 36_1_1.gif BE HAPPY!!!! ITS NICE TO BE NICE!!!! PS WHAT ACTUALLY DID YOU HAVE FOR BREKKIE MIKE :lol:

have you morphed into Di?

Social source share

sure it be no major hassle if just put the "putting the world to rights" post on hold for a day ohmy.gif:lol:

what you reckon ? :lol:

mondays are only good if your off..if your at work ,there crap...

Social source share

here's an uplifting story for a Monday......

There was a man who lost one of his arms in an accident. He

became very depressed because he had loved to play Golf and do lots of

things that took two arms.

One day in his despair, he decided to commit suicide. He got on

an elevator and went to the top of a building to jump off. He was standing

on the ledge looking down and saw this man skipping along, whistling and

kicking up his heels. He looked closer and saw that this man didn't have

any arms at all.

He started thinking, what am I doing up here feeling sorry for

myself, I still have one good arm to do things with. There goes a man with

no arms skipping down the sidewalk so happy, and going on with his life.

He hurried down and caught up with the man with no arms. He told

him how glad he was to see him because he had lost one of his arms and

felt ugly and useless and was going to kill himself. He thanked him again

for saving his life and he knew he

could make it with one arm if that guy could go on with no arms.

The man with no arms began dancing and whistling and kicking up

his heels again.

He asked, 'Why are you so happy anyway?'

He said, 'I'm NOT happy ... My balls itch

Social source share

Hello i'm here on the happy smiley thread biggrin.gif i love smiling and being happy, so come on everyone "it takes less muscles to smile than frown"

SO SMILE AT EVERYONE YOU SEE TODAY ! AND MAKE SOMEONES DAY BRIGHTER :lol:36_1_1.gif 36_1_21.gif 36_1_13.gif 36_1_67.gif

post-9983-1216032124.jpg

TONS OF LOVE HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU ALL Di xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

I'm off work, been off over twelve weeks with my elbow, another two or three before I'm back so making the most of 'em now wink.gif

are you going stir crazy yet??? i can sit and vegitate for england as long as the remote batteries hold out....keith

Social source share

hooray its Monday

the kids are on the way to school, I'm off to the gym to listen to the old ladies who congregate in the sauna and repeat the same stories over and over... its like being at a nighter laugh.gif

PMSL !! nice one Kirsty. :lol:

Thanks y'all, you've made me smile and it's not even lunchtime!.

Non soul: Life is cool because the bosses are all in the US so I'm free to do as I please until around 3pm.

Soul: Had a great weekend and today, my new Bury Flyers are nearly ready..and I've finalised the design for the 10th anniversary badges..

Watch some bugger come along and spoil it.. lol.

Jayne.x. :lol:

Social source share

Guest Bogue

There was a man who lost one of his arms in an accident......etc.etc

That's sick ! :lol::lol:

unsure.gif All this happiness..... it's not a trap is it ? biggrin.gif

Social source share

Hello i'm here on the happy smiley thread biggrin.gif i love smiling and being happy, so come on everyone "it takes less muscles to smile than frown"

SO SMILE AT EVERYONE YOU SEE TODAY ! AND MAKE SOMEONES DAY BRIGHTER :lol:36_1_1.gif 36_1_21.gif 36_1_13.gif 36_1_67.gif

post-9983-1216032124.jpg

TONS OF LOVE HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU ALL Di xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

what a grrreat post di!.. :lol:biggrin.gif:D

Social source share

What a magnificent day.

Woke up automatically @ 7.00am, saw the sunlight beaming through the windows and felt the warm glow of early sunshine and a clear blue sky. I suddenly felt like this was going to be my day!

I felt a rustle beside me and Angelina Jolie popped up from under the sheets and said, "morning baby, fancy another one"?

20 minutes later she got up and made me a bacon sarnie.

Then the postie came with the mint V.I.P. copy of Frank Wilson which I'd won on a Mexican auction list for $1.

Then the phone rang with J-LO pestering me to come round for a 'morning coffee'.

And then, just as I was about to head out of the door I realised I'd won the jackpot on the National Lottery - about £7,000,000 - enough for a few records ay?

Hit J-L0's, had a quick coffee and took part in some theraputic physical excercise and then headed for a coffee @ Starbucks in Kensington.

Whilst having the coffee, I noticed that the building opposite was being cleared out and a couple of the removal guys came into Starbucks with what looked like some old acetates in their hands. I asked 'em if I could look at 'em, and the guy said, "you can have 'em mate - we were gonna chuck 'em anyway..........."

Mmm interesting. "My Room Is 6 x 6" - Tony Turner, "He's Not The Kind Of Guy (You Say No To)" - Sandi Sheldon, "My Heart's In Pieces" - The Silhouettes and "This Beat (Don't Stop)" - Stanley Mitchell.

Just then the phone rang. Beyonce again. Can I make an early lunch...........?

So not a bad day so far............

Gotta go.......

Ian D laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest Bogue

:lol: The post man just rang the door bell................he only rings for records.. :lol:

no.gif Normal f***ing Monday sad.gifranting_1.gif:D

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

What a magnificent day.

Woke up automatically @ 7.00am, saw the sunlight beaming through the windows and felt the warm glow of early sunshine and a clear blue sky. I suddenly felt like this was going to be my day!

I felt a rustle beside me and Angelina Jolie popped up from under the sheets and said, "morning baby, fancy another one"?

Then the postie came with the mint V.I.P. copy of Frank Wilson which I'd won on a Mexican auction list for $1.

Then the phone rang with J-LO pestering me to come round for a 'morning coffee'.

And then, just as I was about to head out of the door I realised I'd won the jackpot on the National Lottery - about £7,000,000 - enough for a few records ay?

Hit J-L0's, had a quick coffee and took part in some theraputic physical excercise and then headed for a coffee @ Starbucks in Kensington.

Whilst having the coffee, I noticed that the building opposite was being cleared out and a couple of the removal guys came into Starbucks with what looked like some old acetates in their hands. I asked 'em if I could look at 'em, and the guy said, "you can have 'em mate - we were gonna chuck 'em anyway..........."

Mmm interesting. "My Room Is 6 x 6" - Tony Turner, "He's Not The Kind Of Guy (You Say No To)" - Sandi Sheldon, "My Heart's In Pieces" - The Silhouettes and "This Beat (Don't Stop)" - Stanley Mitchell.

Gotta go.......

Ian D laugh.gif

:lol: :lol: laugh.gif

Quality! :D

Social source share

Guest sandi

There was a man who lost one of his arms in an accident. He

became very depressed because he had loved to play Golf and do lots of

things that took two arms.

One day in his despair, he decided to commit suicide. He got on

an elevator and went to the top of a building to jump off. He was standing

on the ledge looking down and saw this man skipping along, whistling and

kicking up his heels. He looked closer and saw that this man didn't have

any arms at all.

He started thinking, what am I doing up here feeling sorry for

myself, I still have one good arm to do things with. There goes a man with

no arms skipping down the sidewalk so happy, and going on with his life.

He hurried down and caught up with the man with no arms. He told

him how glad he was to see him because he had lost one of his arms and

felt ugly and useless and was going to kill himself. He thanked him again

for saving his life and he knew he

could make it with one arm if that guy could go on with no arms.

The man with no arms began dancing and whistling and kicking up

his heels again.

He asked, 'Why are you so happy anyway?'

He said, 'I'm NOT happy ... My balls itch

Very funny that, nowt like a sob story to start anyones monday off, so is it monday???????????????? lve lost count been awake for 18 months now, to busy to waste time sleeping when there are all night parties going on every day where we live, my other half Harpo

aint slept since 1978,or so he tells me, have fun fun fun and l hope the poor blokes balls get sorted poor guy, yet it could be worse he could have none at all !!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

Sandi

Social source share

Guest xsquadie

Woke up, got up and started my day.

May seem tame and what most people do. But after a night in York with the usual suspects I consider it a Bonus that I could. thumbup.gif LOL

Simon

Social source share

One man's cheese is another one's hard-cheddar my young friend. :lol:

Had you been around in 1970 you too would have been instrumental in the hype that was Tony Turner at the time I'm sure! whistling.gif

A sort of 'none-existent-hot-box-killer' I guess you'd call it nowdays LOL......

Ian D :lol:

I was around in 1970 .. I remember Pele and riding round Nightingale Square Balham ,a lot biggrin.gif

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest Simon

I'm personally buzzing after Soulgate, really enjoyed the set where the two guys played Doris Troy's 'Just one look' & 'What you gonna do about it', 2 classic oldies that i haven't heard out in yonks, really great to hear them out again & big smiles on peoples faces whilst they were playing.

Looking forward to Soul Revolution on Friday as i've really got the soul vibe back again, think the Perpignan weekender reinvigorated me, i don't even care if i hear the same old NS whenever i'm out now as it all feels fresh to me again now for some reason.

Just posted off an application to do a Wine Business degree also so am hoping to totally change my working life, oh & the sun is shining!

Simon thumbup.gif

Social source share

Woke up, got up and started my day.

May seem tame and what most people do. But after a night in York with the usual suspects I consider it a Bonus that I could. :lol: LOL

Simon

:lol::lol: I have no idea what you mean Simon ????? hahah xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

sure it be no major hassle if just put the "putting the world to rights" post on hold for a day :lol::lol:

what you reckon ? :lol:

===============

Really glad you started this thread Mike, it's great to read something without actually thinking, who's going to be slagging off whom or what. These positive threads are so much better than the 'draining' ones.

Good one Mike!!!

Winnie :-)

Social source share

What a magnificent day.

Gotta go.......

:lol::lol:laugh.gif I often wondered why you moved away from the land of milk & honey, now i know :lol:

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

My day has been good. Our work system crashed so we couldn't actually do any work then the big boss called & asked us to pack up & post the winter samples back to Holland & we could help ourself to what we wanted so i've got a new coat for my sister that my mum is chuffed about because she won't have to fork out for one for when she goes back to school! :lol: Even better than that i've got myself a new coat that looks like a parka & i love! Should cost around £60-£80 if bought in one of our supplers shops so i'm mightly chuffed! :lol:

Social source share

===============

Really glad you started this thread Mike, it's great to read something without actually thinking, who's going to be slagging off whom or what. These positive threads are so much better than the 'draining' ones.

Good one Mike!!!

Winnie :-)

all this happy lighthearted banter is making me feel ill,come on you bad boys ,gerrit sorted :lol:

Bazza

Social source share

all this happy lighthearted banter is making me feel ill,come on you bad boys ,gerrit sorted :lol:

Bazza

Can bad girls apply??? My Monday was wonderful til now.... off to work til half twelve, me legs still hurt from one hell of a fantastic weekend .... Oh why can't we have duvet days in this country.

Have fun all... Be happy Bazza only 4 more sleeps til Friday then we're doing it all again....

xxxx

Social source share

:lol::lol:laugh.gif I often wondered why you moved away from the land of milk & honey, now i know :lol:

Exhausted after Beyonce @ lunchtime and Myleene Class for afternoon tea and scones.

But stumbled into Abbey Road studios just as they were junking a load of masters and lo and behold, found a load of Marvin Gaye & Four Tops 2" Masters which don't appear on any lists....

Whoops. Look at that, my premium bonds have just come up for £25,000...

Just time for a quick drink @ the Dorchester to hook up with Steve Wonder for a natter about MCing his live gigs......

Great day so far........!

Can it get any better? :lol:

Social source share

Exhausted after Beyonce @ lunchtime and Myleene Class for afternoon tea and scones.

But stumbled into Abbey Road studios just as they were junking a load of masters and lo and behold, found a load of Marvin Gaye & Four Tops 2" Masters which don't appear on any lists....

Just time for a quick drink @ the Dorchester to hook up with Steve Wonder for a natter about MCing his live gigs......

Lend us a tenner :lol:

Social source share

Ian D biggrin.gif

Ian you old smoothy you :lol: will you invite me next time :lol: i never did get my trip to RODEO DRIVE :lol: xxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

Ian you old smoothy you biggrin.gif will you invite me next time :lol: i never did get my trip to RODEO DRIVE :lol: xxxxxxxxxx

If you think Young Foggy is a smooth operator now , you should have seen snake hips go for it when he was at his peak ........

As I have said before , he was the Austin Powers of the amphet generation :lol: .........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

If you think Young Foggy is a smooth operator now , you should have seen snake hips go for it when he was at his peak ........

As I have said before , he was the Austin Powers of the amphet generation :lol: .........

Malc Burton

Without the amphet at the time Malc - I didn't need anything interfering with my overall performance! :lol:

Social source share

Fookin hell, whats tuesday like :lol: never mind that what do you do to relax on a weekend :lol::lol::P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert