Nice Bits 70s

Ncfc

Pages-"heartaches &pain" sunstruck (boot) Vg+++ £70SOLD

Ronnie Mcneir-"my baby" setting sun m-£45SOLD

Jones Brothers-"good old days" uk pye int. m-£100(rare on uk).

Shelve-"this world" Cre m- £25SOLD

Dorothy Berry -"falling in love all over again" vg £20

Ty Hunter-"i dont see me in your eyes anymore" Invictus m-(rare)£20SOLD

Soul Clinic-"no one loves me anymore" Baysound vg+++ £12SOLD

Jimmy Beaumont and the Skyliners-"i could have loved you so well"/"where have they gone" capitol m-£20 (nice crossover).

Chris.

Edited by NCFC
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Chris,

I say this out of genuine curiousity - and with no negative aspersions at all on you - but I am wildly curious to know how much interest you ultimately get from people prepared to pay 70 quid for the boot of the Pages on Sunstruck ...

Even the boot rarely appears on eBay and generally fetches around £100 when it does. Strange but true!!

Adam.

Social source share

Chris,

I say this out of genuine curiousity - and with no negative aspersions at all on you - but I am wildly curious to know how much interest you ultimately get from people prepared to pay 70 quid for the boot of the Pages on Sunstruck ...

Dave

Could not believe what it has been going for myself,on the other hand £100 for a British copy of the Jones Bros is a bargain and the Ronnie Mcneir is well under priced.

Regards Chris

Social source share

No, the originals are much, much rarer than the bootlegs. Most people seems to think that their bootleg copies are originals though.

only going on my own experience sebastian. i have four friends locally who have it

and after all the talk on here their copies are genuine. in the last year or so the copies on

ebay that have turned up all bar 2 were real. Even had lists via the post or email in the last

year, 2 or 3 copies all real. so in the last couple of years i reckon ive seen a dozen

originals and probably 4 boots. that said i think the most expensive boot ive seen up to

now was on pat bradys @ forty quid. he never listed it after that tho.

dave

Social source share

only going on my own experience sebastian. i have four friends locally who have it

and after all the talk on here their copies are genuine. in the last year or so the copies on

ebay that have turned up all bar 2 were real. Even had lists via the post or email in the last

year, 2 or 3 copies all real. so in the last couple of years i reckon ive seen a dozen

originals and probably 4 boots. that said i think the most expensive boot ive seen up to

now was on pat bradys @ forty quid. he never listed it after that tho.

dave

Same here, Dave, just going from my own experience and with me being stuck here in Sweden I obviously don't go out and about at venues etc in the UK. But I can't say that I've seen any masses of original copies for sale during the past couple of years. The only recent copy on eBay which claimed to be an original (it's on Popsike, sold for $671) used the label scan of a bootleg (in fact, it was the scan I made of MY old bootleg copy), so I'm personally not convinced that it was the first issue that actually was sold.

I sold my bootleg copy for $339 on eBay.

Now after having had both an original and a bootleg through my hands I must say that it's very easy to see if it's an original or not. There doesn't have to be any confusion whether how to determine an original from a bootleg.

ORIGINAL

A-side matrix: Superdisc TBS-1001-A

B-side matrix: Superdisc TBS-1001-B

BOOTLEG

A-side matrix: TBS 1001 A - 196 SUPERDISC

B-side matrix: TBS 1001 B 95 Superdisc

"Lower case" matrix-lettering on both sides = ORIGINAL

"Lower case" on one side and "upper case" on the other = BOOTLEG

Social source share

I sold my Boot for £48 2 years ago and thought that the person got it wrong beliveing it was an original

I dont see how this boot can be worth amyhting like £30 as its been reissued again which makes the 1st boot worthless in my opinion just like the Mel Brits from the 70s were commanding £30 until it was reissued again and the 70s boot price dropped dramatically - lenny Curtis being another one.

Pages original should command a decent price - The 70s bootleg is worth very little in real terms

How cam someone pay £150 for a boot when theyre are brilliant records originals at the same price.

Would anyone play the boot out at a venue? and think its ok(acceptable vinyl to play) - If the answer is no! then the boot is worthless in this context IMO

Social source share

yes its true when you get the original and the boot together its easy to tell the difference

knowing the correct info in the runout is handy when you havent got that luxury. what you

have to understand is that at 300 quid not everyone can afford to buy an original and

will make do with a 40quid boot

dave

Social source share

yes its true when you get the original and the boot together its easy to tell the difference

knowing the correct info in the runout is handy when you havent got that luxury. what you

have to understand is that at 300 quid not everyone can afford to buy an original and

will make do with a 40quid boot

dave

Beggars belief though,a boot is a boot(work of the devil) ,you might as well get a carver done for £20

unless of course you collect boot records for a hobby :ohmy:

Must remember to add this to my carver collection for the lifeline tribute nights :lol:

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

just found out that i have a boot, when in fact i was told that it was an original :ohmy:

by the way if anybody has any dealings with mike thomas aka sootchucker on here

and on ebay although he has been kicked of please can you let me know as this guy

owes me some money and ive now found out i am not the only one..

he owes other people serious money.

thanks

Social source share

so I'm personally not convinced that it was the first issue that actually was sold.

Hi Sebastian,

I can confirm that it was an original that was sold - nice almost orange label, no smudged writting, with a lowercase Superdisc on both sides run out. Looks and sounds almost unplayed near mint condition.

I don't know where all these apparent originals are, as I had been looking for one for ages in good condition.

As shown by Popsike only 4 on ebay from 2005 to April 2008 and only 2 are deffo original IMO.

D

Social source share

Hi Sebastian,

I can confirm that it was an original that was sold - nice almost orange label, no smudged writting, with a lowercase Superdisc on both sides run out. Looks and sounds almost unplayed near mint condition.

I don't know where all these apparent originals are, as I had been looking for one for ages in good condition.

As shown by Popsike only 4 on ebay from 2005 to April 2008 and only 2 are deffo original IMO.

I agree and nice to hear that you got an original! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert