Deep Soul B Sides

Crumb

I've been meaning to compile myself a deep soul CD from my northern b sides but I never seem to have time to play them. The longer I leave it the bigger the job becomes, so can anyone reccomend any.

Cheers

Crumb

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've been meaning to compile myself a deep soul CD from my northern b sides but I never seem to have time to play them. The longer I leave it the bigger the job becomes, so can anyone reccomend any.

Cheers

Crumb

There's a veritable plethora of cracking B sides on the Deep/sweet thread, must be worth a trawl!

gary

Social source share

yes the deep soul thread is very good.

my offering for now though would be Loretta Williams "I'm missing you" sensational.

I think the other side could easily be classed as northern ?

Other side 'Baby Cakes'.....most definitely a Northern stormer becoming very popular.

Crumb, I've done the exact thing you're thinking of doing, to be honest MOST Northern 45s have a good deep side so I just flipped them, recorded them and any I weren't that keen on left off the CD. Think you may be in for some great surprises, too many to list, some sound even better the second or third time you hear them.

I'll try and post up a track listing.

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

THE DEEP AND SWEET THREAD IMHO IS THE BEST THREAD ON THE SITE,MINDBLOWING FLIPSIDES,UNKNOWNS,SWEET SOUL FROM THE SIXTIES AND SEVENTIES,CHECK IT OUT.DEEP SOUL IN ABUNDANCE ID RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.

BAZ A :thumbsup:

Agreed , all contributors deserve a large pat on the back.

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Cheers

Crumb

Any O.V Wright is always a good starting point.

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Cheers

Crumb

Hi Crumb,

Great idea foe a CD, I would like to reccomend a few,

The Ringleaders - Let's start over - M Pac (B side to Baby whats happened to our love).

Debbie Taylor - I don't want to leave you - Arista (B side to Just don't pay).

Bobby Reed - If I don't love you - Bell (B side to The time is right for love).

Darrell Banks - Just becaude your love has gone - Volt (B side to I'm the one who loves you).

Elouise Laws - Stay with me - Music Merchant (This is the business, AWESOME B side to Love Factory)

There's a few for now, there are of course many many more.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert