Info Please

Ceejay

Just wondered if anyone could give me any info on this particular track??

COME MY DEAR - OTIS CLAY

Could be a 'B' side, maybe just an album track. Really don't know!!! Tried doing a bit of detective work

but hasn't cropped up so far. :unsure:

Hoping one or two of you knowledgeable folk out there will be able to help!!

Cheers in advance,

Carol :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

CD only - released early 2000 in US - CD title is "Testify" on Fuel label - a previously unreleased One-Der-Ful track.

Seem to recall it came out in Japan early 90's - certainly I've had it for 10+ years.

Oh... and it's Trfiffic!

:thumbup:

Sean

Edited by Sean Hampsey
Social source share

CD only - released early 2000 in US - CD title is "Testify" on Fuel label - a previously unreleased One-Der-Ful track.

Seem to recall it came out in Japan early 90's - certainly I've had it for 10+ years.

Oh... and it's Trfiffic!

:P

Sean

this was written by Larry Nestor, a one-der-ful staff writer who wrote, "tired of being lonely" for the sharpees (among other things) and who was the original owner of toddlin town. He was very proud of this track when I met with him, he kept talking about it.

Social source share

It is featured on the Japanese P-Vine LP, 'Got to find a way' from 1979 (I thought it was a little later too, Sean!). Great album also featuring, 'I don't know what to do'.

I have a spare copy if you want it, Carol...PM me.

:P

Social source share

Oh... and it's Trfiffic!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Many thanks Sean. Have checked this out and seen a copy for sale. Would prefer the vinyl though, so will check the LP out mentioned by Flynny to see what we're looking at moneywise. If that doesn't work out then defo will be ordering this CD.

Have emailed the seller and already got a track listing for the CD and you're right it is terrific!! :(

Not particularly into ballads usually but Come My Dear, well, such a beautiful song. Just makes me choke up every time I hear it!!!

ATB

Carol x

Edited by jobbo
Social source share

Not particularly into ballads usually but Come My Dear, well, such a beautiful song. Just makes me choke up every time I hear it!!!

ATB

Carol x

Great stuff Carol. If you get choked up on "Come My Dear" just wait until you hear "Tired Of Falling In And Out Of Love" and "That's How It Is"... both MAGNIFICENT!

Good Luck

Sean

Social source share

Great stuff Carol. If you get choked up on "Come My Dear" just wait until you hear "Tired Of Falling In And Out Of Love" and "That's How It Is"... both MAGNIFICENT!

Good Luck

Sean

Will let you know what I think in due course Sean. Again many thanks.

Another one which made me fill up and which I only came across 2 days ago is So Deep by Jimmy Radcliffe. Loved it so much, already ordered and on it's way!!! Click on my last played clip on here and you'll hear it. Tell me what you think!!

I don't mess about once I like something so much!!! :thumbsup:

Caz x

Social source share

Will let you know what I think in due course Sean. Again many thanks.

Another one which made me fill up and which I only came across 2 days ago is So Deep by Jimmy Radcliffe. Loved it so much, already ordered and on it's way!!! Click on my last played clip on here and you'll hear it. Tell me what you think!!

I don't mess about once I like something so much!!! :(

Caz x

Mmmmmmmm that's nice!

I've got it somewhere I reckon. Think its on the flip of "Lucky Old Sun" if I'm not mistaken. Don't ever remember playing that side though! :(

Thanks for the tip.

Sean

Social source share

this was written by Larry Nestor, a one-der-ful staff writer who wrote, "tired of being lonely" for the sharpees (among other things) and who was the original owner of toddlin town. He was very proud of this track when I met with him, he kept talking about it.

So he should be too!!! This track has everything really. Beautiful words, sung with so much feeling and a

haunting melody. Absolutely adore it!!!

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me with the info. Very much appreciated.

Take Care

Carol x

Social source share

Mmmmmmmm that's nice!

I've got it somewhere I reckon. Think its on the flip of "Lucky Old Sun" if I'm not mistaken. Don't ever remember playing that side though! :(

Thanks for the tip.

Sean

You think correctly Sean!! Happy listening!! :(

Social source share

It is featured on the Japanese P-Vine LP, 'Got to find a way' from 1979 (I thought it was a little later too, Sean!). Great album also featuring, 'I don't know what to do'.

I have a spare copy if you want it, Carol...PM me.

Many thanks for your reply. Will PM you soon.

ATB, Carol x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert