Lattimore Brown

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

For those into southern soul, here's an amazing story w.r.t. 60s soul man Lattimore Brown, thought to be deceased long ago, but recently found by Red Kelly:

https://redkelly.blogspot.com/2008/06/latti...t-this-way.html

Equally worth reading is the follow-up to the story:

https://redkelly.blogspot.com/2008/07/latti...o-zil-9005.html

How odd, I've got a Japanese Lp that I bought over 20 years ago that i have only played once. I feel I need to re-visit it.

Social source share

How odd, I've got a Japanese Lp that I bought over 20 years ago that i have only played once. I feel I need to re-visit it.

Does anyone know what the origins are of this LP?

post-4944-1215721733_thumb.jpgpost-4944-1215721772_thumb.jpg

Is it the Japanese LP binsy is referring to? Or a bootleg? Or a legitimate release from the 70s?

Social source share

Legit 70s issue by all appearances.

So Says My Heart was re-issued on the same label design as the LP above.

Thanks, it indeed looks like it belongs to that 70s reissue series.

However, on the back cover there are two Japanese names at the art/cover deisgn credits (no other clues for a Japanese origin). The back cover contains the Nashville address as on the label pictured.

So perhaps this is again a (legit) reissue of a Japanese LP? Or a Japanese LP after all?

Did John Richbourg issue any other LPs in this particular Seventy-Seven series?

Social source share

However, on the back cover there are two Japanese names at the art/cover deisgn credits (no other clues for a Japanese origin). The back cover contains the Nashville address as on the label pictured.

So perhaps this is again a (legit) reissue of a Japanese LP? Or a Japanese LP after all?

Did John Richbourg issue any other LPs in this particular Seventy-Seven series?

Ann Sexton "Loving you, loving me" (Seventy Seven 77-107) has the same label, and the photographer is the same guy, Hiroshi Uenoyama.

230213326469.jpg

A copy sold recentlty for $930.00 ! Loving you, loving me

Both LP's were reissued in Japan on Vivid Sound.

Social source share

Guest Bogue

what a great record....yet to have it's day!

yes.gif & 'Little Bag Of Tricks' put that one up on refosoul sometime back, see if i can fish it out.

Social source share

Does anyone know what the origins are of this LP?

Is it the Japanese LP binsy is referring to? Or a bootleg? Or a legitimate release from the 70s?

The SS7 copy LP pictured in an earlier thread was released in '77.

The Japanese copy came out the following year, and has their VIVID logo on the cover in place of the SS7 logo.

Here's a large-font scan of the superb 'So says my heart'.

:lol:

post-9555-1215830437_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

Guest Bogue

Like that one too Phillipe :thumbup:

Presume you have seen the 'The Beat' set of dvd's ? Some great quality footage on there of him singing some of these tunes whilst he was in his prime circa 65/66 :unsure:

If not, have a word with Pete Smith on here, he will be able to point you in the right direction as to where you can source them. Well worth a look.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert