Local Feuds

closed yet another "local" dispute thread

there's some promoters on here who do need to look at how they are using this site

idea is that you promote your own events on here in a sort of positive manner

rather than going around de-promoting others

wise up please

Social source share

• Replies 67
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Trouble is Mike, every time you close a thread, the personal with the negative post "wins".

Or you end up with ten closed threads all promoting the same night - a nightmare to slog through to find the info you want.

Perhaps a two strikes and your out? Warn the person twice then ban them off site for a week - or if possible - just off the events part of the forum?

Anyway, that was all a bit too sensible.

Back to the nonsense...... Garrr!

Social source share

Trouble is Mike, every time you close a thread, the personal with the negative post "wins".

Or you end up with ten closed threads all promoting the same night - a nightmare to slog through to find the info you want.

Perhaps a two strikes and your out? Warn the person twice then ban them off site for a week - or if possible - just off the events part of the forum?

Anyway, that was all a bit too sensible.

Back to the nonsense...... Garrr!

Good idea there, or maybe enforce a "cooling off period" ? "Sin Bin" for 7 days or so to culprits.

However thats for the moderators to discuss, i personally think they do a good job.

Again i think its a case of more chiefs than indians, with the chiefs trying to grab a share of the "shrinking" soul reservations, especially in areas where there are masses of nights going on over the weekend.

Hard to sort it out, but my advice would be to do something totally different to whats going on around you and build it up slowly with a true dedicated following.

Rob

Social source share

These feuds have been popping up a bit too frequently imo, and they do tend to spoil the friendly and broad-minded atmosphere on here.

Maybe it's time to introduce a sour grapes/ranting-subforum with specific rules e.g.: always write in all caps, use a huge font, preferrably in a color that makes reading impossible (white/beige would be perfect), don't punctuate and make sure your posts lack any form of cohesion.

Damn I should stop these failing attempts to try 'n be funny in serious topics. I'll get mi coat...

Social source share

These feuds have been popping up a bit too frequently imo, and they do tend to spoil the friendly and broad-minded atmosphere on here.

Maybe it's time to introduce a sour grapes/ranting-subforum with specific rules e.g.: always write in all caps, use a huge font, preferrably in a color that makes reading impossible (white/beige would be perfect), don't punctuate and make sure your posts lack any form of cohesion.

Damn I should stop these failing attempts to try 'n be funny in serious topics. I'll get mi coat...

The subject of petty - yes , let us call them petty - feuds has risen its' ugly head once again ........

Why does this continue to happen ? In these times of continued uncertainty in respect of the longetivity for the scene , despite whatever musical style or idiom that is linked to it , we need to be united , and not divided ..........

The culprits know who they are , but continue to offer up a janus faced opinions , often preaching to their blinkered followers , of the

" brotherhood " / " togetherness " of the scene , stating that it needs to be continued and furthered , at all costs , when the actuallity in this sordid affair , is that they are intent on causing as many rifts as they can , in order to further their own - and often selfish - cause ..........

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

The subject of petty - yes , let us call them petty - feuds has risen its' ugly head once again ........

Why does this continue to happen ? In these times of continued uncertainty in respect of the longetivity for the scene , despite whatever musical style or idiom that is linked to it , we need to be united , and not divided ..........

The culprits know who they are , but continue to offer up a janus faced opinions , often preaching to their blinkered followers , of the

" brotherhood " / " togetherness " of the scene , stating that it needs to be continued and furthered , at all costs , when the actuallity in this sordid affair , is that they are intent on causing as many rifts as they can , in order to further their own - and often selfish - cause ..........

Malc Burton

What makes me sad about this recent case is the history of the city in question where this is taking place was once a major contributor to the scene, and i have some very fond memories of some great venues there :thumbup:

Social source share

Malc Burton

Well said Malc.

If you read some of the posts it appears that everyone is innocent - it's laughable.

:thumbup:

Ironside

Social source share

What makes me sad about this recent case is the history of the city in question where this is taking place was once a major contributor to the scene, and i have some very fond memories of some great venues there :thumbup:

In addition to my original post / reply , H - it is a very sad indication of the integrity that some people - nay , I will use the term blaggards - have these days , and it is no wonder why a lot of people are turning their backs on what was something very precious to them ..........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest northernsoulboy6

A Few of us were talking he other night about how in the early eighties we found out about stuff going on and we decided that it was by recieving flyers and then word of mouth, We then set off from bedford armed with enthusiasm and our thumbs and our love of the music and never doubted that we would arrive at our destination.

My point is we didn't rip up the flyers of lesser venues we got to as many as we could and let the venues speak for there selves. :thumbup:

ps anybody know how Nina from letchworth is???

Social source share

In addition to my original post / reply , H - it is a very sad indication of the integrity that some people - nay , I will use the term blaggards - have these days , and it is no wonder why a lot of people are turning their backs on what was something very precious to them ..........

Malc Burton

As allways malc a very well put reply, and unfortunatley its rife where i live no dissrespect to anyone, too many people doing so many things and nobody together for one SOUL purpose, to promote the scene as a whole, nights clashing, bad feeling between promoters etc, and its a shame as theres some great musical knowledge, and some very underated dj`s up here, ive honestly seen four soul nights within a twenty mile radius of one another on one night, its surely good for all concerned to comunicate between each other to avoid this, people aint gonna travel if theres a do round the corner, don`t really know what the answer is :D

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

THERE'S ALWAYS BEEN A LACK OF INTEGRITY.......WITH THE WANNA BE A PROMOTER/DJ MOB.....PLENTY OF BACK SLAPPING THOUGH :D

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

As allways malc a very well put reply, and unfortunatley its rife where i live no dissrespect to anyone, too many people doing so many things and nobody together for one SOUL purpose, to promote the scene as a whole, nights clashing, bad feeling between promoters etc, and its a shame as theres some great musical knowledge, and some very underated dj`s up here, ive honestly seen four soul nights within a twenty mile radius of one another on one night, its surely good for all concerned to comunicate between each other to avoid this, people aint gonna travel if theres a do round the corner, don`t really know what the answer is :P

THERE ARE PLENTY OF DO'S IN MY AREA........THATS WHY WE TRAVEL ........MORE INTEGRITY IN THE NORTH BY AND LARGE :D

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

One reason for these feuds. greed plain and simple. like mike says wise up there's enough punters out there for you all

Social source share

Malc Burton

Nail on head there Malc certainly for me at least, I've been to one Allnighter and two Soul nights this year from a DJ perspective and to be honest I've not missed it at all, infact at the start of the year I cancelled several DJ bookings and have since declined others basically because there is no real desire or need for me to do it anymore with all the crap, feuds, politics etc. it's sometimes not a nice place to be, I simply find it best and less hassel to stay away from it all, collect records, present the Radio show and enjoy music with a close group of friends from time to time, for many of us the Northern Soul way of life has been totally destroyed by the constant abuse of the scene, I have alway's had a rich deep passion for the music and alway's will but my commitment, passion and desire to attend venues as a DJ or otherwise has pretty much gone, never say never and all that but why should the majority of people who really have a passion for the music and actually contribute to the progression of the scene be made to feel totally dejected almost to the point of not wanting to be part of something that has played such an important part in their lives for well a lifetime, the scene really has to take stock of the current trends and take a long hard look at it's self before the whole thing totally implodes, fact is many of us will still hold and cherish the only single most important funidmental aspect if the scene does fade away which is of course the records, finally as respect to the music all this nonsence has to stop and stop now.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Nail on head there Malc certainly for me at least, I've been to one Allnighter and two Soul nights this year from a DJ perspective and to be honest I've not missed it at all, infact at the start of the year I cancelled several DJ bookings and have since declined others basically because there is no real desire or need for me to do it anymore with all the crap, feuds, politics etc. it's sometimes not a nice place to be, I simply find it best and less hassel to stay away from it all, collect records, present the Radio show and enjoy music with a close group of friends from time to time, for many of us the Northern Soul way of life has been totally destroyed by the constant abuse of the scene, I have alway's had a rich deep passion for the music and alway's will but my commitment, passion and desire to attend venues as a DJ or otherwise has pretty much gone, never say never and all that but why should the majority of people who really have a passion for the music and actually contribute to the progression of the scene be made to feel totally dejected almost to the point of not wanting to be part of something that has played such an important part in their lives for well a lifetime, the scene really has to take stock of the current trends and take a long hard look at it's self before the whole thing totally implodes, fact is many of us will still hold and cherish the only single most important funidmental aspect if the scene does fade away which is of course the records, finally as respect to the music all this nonsence has to stop and stop now.Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Very well said Mark ..........

Malc Burton

Social source share

THERE ARE PLENTY OF DO'S IN MY AREA........THATS WHY WE TRAVEL ........MORE INTEGRITY IN THE NORTH BY AND LARGE :D

===============

Think if you read Mike's post again Terry you'll see he's talking about putting a stop to local feuding, not promoting it.

Social source share

Nail on head there Malc certainly for me at least, I've been to one Allnighter and two Soul nights this year from a DJ perspective and to be honest I've not missed it at all, infact at the start of the year I cancelled several DJ bookings and have since declined others basically because there is no real desire or need for me to do it anymore with all the crap, feuds, politics etc. it's sometimes not a nice place to be, I simply find it best and less hassel to stay away from it all, collect records, present the Radio show and enjoy music with a close group of friends from time to time, for many of us the Northern Soul way of life has been totally destroyed by the constant abuse of the scene, I have alway's had a rich deep passion for the music and alway's will but my commitment, passion and desire to attend venues as a DJ or otherwise has pretty much gone, never say never and all that but why should the majority of people who really have a passion for the music and actually contribute to the progression of the scene be made to feel totally dejected almost to the point of not wanting to be part of something that has played such an important part in their lives for well a lifetime, the scene really has to take stock of the current trends and take a long hard look at it's self before the whole thing totally implodes, fact is many of us will still hold and cherish the only single most important funidmental aspect if the scene does fade away which is of course the records, finally as respect to the music all this nonsence has to stop and stop now.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Fantastic post Mark.

I walked away earlier this year from our local scene after three guys who I had time for collectively abused the three principles I live my life by. I sat down one night at thought "fook this for a game of soldiers"

I'm off to trawl ebay for a bargain, cya.

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Have to agree with the big man, reading some of the threads on here has made me kind of glad I can't get babysitters that much these days. Apart from Cleggy and a couple of local non political dos I haven't been anywhere for ages. At times I don't recognise the scene as the one I used to know and love to be honest and if Mark's stopping in there must be a problem :lol:

Edited by reg
Social source share

Guest toby

ps anybody know how Nina from letchworth is???

Nina James from Baldock (not Letchworth),i saw her last week in our town center Tesco,looking good after losing a lot of weight after an illness,she was always a great dancer along with Jenny Knight......two good soul girls..

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Excellent post Mark echo the sentiments. However to me the most important fundamental aspect is the music even more so than the records

cheers

Derek

Social source share

One reason for these feuds. greed plain and simple. like mike says wise up there's enough punters out there for you all

I would agree with the general ethos on this thread and with this particular post but I also think there is a lot of people who have this idealised thought of what promoting a soul night is all about. It may be about greed but I do think its more to do with people wanting this ` 5 minutes of fame` thing in that most people are ordinary in their daily lives yet on the soul scene there is this chance to be ` a somebody` (albeit only to a very small percentage of the population) and make some sort of name for themselves. This, I think, is human nature in this celbrity type culture that pervades our society and won`t go away and some feel that, as unscrupulous as it seems to others, there is no problem with slating others, their venues, their music ethos, their integrity and won`t think twice about personally slurring others with falsehoods and what ever underhand tactics they think its OK to sink too.

Local feuds will continue while ever people who are ,in reality, very ordinary people strive to be somebody`s in what ever way they can.

Sad but thats reality (In my neck of the woods anyway!!)

Sharon

Social source share

Excellent post Mark echo the sentiments. However to me the most important fundamental aspect is the music even more so than the records

cheers

Derek

Records / Music - what is the difference ? Let us stop nit - picking in respect of this subject : It is like saying what came first , the chicken or the egg .......

What is the main concern , is that we rid the scene of these protaganists , who - as stated before - are hell bent on causing as much trouble as they can , in respect of " furthering " their cause and beliefs , as soon as possible ........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Records / Music - what is the difference ? Let us stop nit - picking in respect of this subject : It is like saying what came first , the chicken or the egg .......

What is the main concern , is that we rid the scene of these protaganists , who - as stated before - are hell bent on causing as much trouble as they can , in respect of " furthering " their cause and beliefs , as soon as possible ........

Malc Burton

=====================

Can I get an amen :lol:

Really wish that all who read those few simple lines Malc, take note. Am reminded of an old saying my Mum used to use though.

''Wish in one hand Win and sh*t in the other and see which gets full first'' :lol:

Social source share

I would agree with the general ethos on this thread and with this particular post but I also think there is a lot of people who have this idealised thought of what promoting a soul night is all about. It may be about greed but I do think its more to do with people wanting this ` 5 minutes of fame` thing in that most people are ordinary in their daily lives yet on the soul scene there is this chance to be ` a somebody` (albeit only to a very small percentage of the population) and make some sort of name for themselves. This, I think, is human nature in this celebrity type culture that pervades our society and won`t go away and some feel that, as unscrupulous as it seems to others, there is no problem with slating others, their venues, their music ethos, their integrity and won`t think twice about personally slurring others with falsehoods and what ever underhand tactics they think its OK to sink to.

Local feuds will continue while ever people who are ,in reality, very ordinary people strive to be somebody`s in what ever way they can.

Sharon

Sharon-Again you`ve hit the nail on the head. Exactly what we were talking about last night.

Social source share

as a punter with no desire to d.j ,promote or collect thin discs of vinyl purchased at ridiculouse prices, have come to the conclusion that apart from a few rare folkn who do it out of love, the vast majority unfortunately do it for the money ,the root cause of evil .sad but true. and before I get pasted .how many of you would be prepared to run a venue at a loss week in an week out . how many djs would play for nowt.an how many dealers would sell their discs for a realistic not ridiculouse price .imho greed will kill our scene

Social source share

the lame excuse of well we are after a different crowd so the clash won't matter always makes me laugh :lol:

I said this in the too many chiefs topic that there are too many with self inflated opinions of themselves who care little for the bigger picture and only in what they are doing and f*ck anyone else :lol:

UNTIL promoters start talking with each other and look at the bigger picture the scene will continue in the mess it's become. They should put the scene first and put aside any egos and petty arguments, then the scene will be healthier for it, musically and socially!!. As it is the soul night scene (and the all-nighter scene to a lesser extent) is alienating many, splitting the crowd, friends falling out over in essence f*ck all and in the end driving many away.

The area that started this toipic, there was four or 5 venues within approximately 30 minutes of each other this weekend.....whats the point? Why not get together, talk and have two full venues spread over the weekend, one Friday and one Saturday....with no acrimonious arguemnts, splits or petty feuds going on in the background. It's simple really.

If this was to mean a venue closing then so be it, the scene shouldn't be suffering like it is it should be prospering.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest gfarrington

an how many dealers would sell their discs for a realistic not ridiculouse price .

phatkat records

71,melness road

hazlerigg

newcastle upon tyne

ne13 7bj

0191 2170190

this guy does just that ,just wish i was getting his lists ten years ago, r'n'b,gospel ,club sounds,rare,underplayed ,never played,unkowns

Social source share

I would agree with the general ethos on this thread and with this particular post but I also think there is a lot of people who have this idealised thought of what promoting a soul night is all about. It may be about greed but I do think its more to do with people wanting this ` 5 minutes of fame` thing in that most people are ordinary in their daily lives yet on the soul scene there is this chance to be ` a somebody` (albeit only to a very small percentage of the population) and make some sort of name for themselves. This, I think, is human nature in this celbrity type culture that pervades our society and won`t go away and some feel that, as unscrupulous as it seems to others, there is no problem with slating others, their venues, their music ethos, their integrity and won`t think twice about personally slurring others with falsehoods and what ever underhand tactics they think its OK to sink too.

Sharon

Absolutely spot on Sharon and very true around these parts with the wannabes of middle earth.

Social source share

Guest swoz

Malc Burton

malc

DON'T KNOW IF THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ME AND CHRIS WATERMAN. IF IT IS THEN IT'S TIME

TO PUT THINGS STRAIGHT . THANKS TO THE NUTRALE GROUND OF THE STABLES BOTH CHRIS AND MYSELF SORTED OUT OUR PROBLEMS. TRUE I FELT I GOT SHAGGED OVER AND BETRAYED BY FRIENDSHIPS. YES I WAS BITTER TO HOW I LOST THE STABLES. BUT LIFES A BITCH, BUT I BOUNCED BACK AND NOW OWN ONE OF THE BIGGEST RECORD SHOPS IN THE MIDLANDS AND NOW SETTING SIGHTS ON THE CANAL CLUB WOLVERHAMPTON. CHRIS HAD THE BALLS TO FACE ME FACE TO FACE AND FOR THAT HAS MY TOTAL RESPECT. AS A PROMOTER HE WAS GOOD, JUST LISTEND TO , TOMUTCH BULLSHIT, SO THIS IS NOW MY PUBLIC APPOLIGY TO CHRIS . LETS HOPE NOW THAT THIS SCENE CAN MOVE FORWARD AND PROMOTERS AND D.Js CAN GIVE EACH OTHER LOYALTY AND KILL THE SHAG YOU OVER VENUE POLICY , ITS GOOD TO VISIT ONE OR TWO VENUES IN ONE NIGHT BUT KEEP YOUR DISTANCES. WORK TOGETHER NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER . CHRIS WILL BE BACK THAT I HAVE NO DOUBT. MANY THANKS TO CHALKY AND DOOR STAFF AT LIFELINE FOR ALLOWING US TO SORT OUT OUR DIFFRENCIES.

K.T.F SWO :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

malc

DON'T KNOW IF THIS THREAD IS ABOUT ME AND CHRIS WATERMAN. IF IT IS THEN IT'S TIME

TO PUT THINGS STRAIGHT . THANKS TO THE NUTRALE GROUND OF THE STABLES BOTH CHRIS AND MYSELF SORTED OUT OUR PROBLEMS. TRUE I FELT I GOT SHAGGED OVER AND BETRAYED BY FRIENDSHIPS. YES I WAS BITTER TO HOW I LOST THE STABLES. BUT LIFES A BITCH, BUT I BOUNCED BACK AND NOW OWN ONE OF THE BIGGEST RECORD SHOPS IN THE MIDLANDS AND NOW SETTING SIGHTS ON THE CANAL CLUB WOLVERHAMPTON. CHRIS HAD THE BALLS TO FACE ME FACE TO FACE AND FOR THAT HAS MY TOTAL RESPECT. AS A PROMOTER HE WAS GOOD, JUST LISTEND TO , TOMUTCH BULLSHIT, SO THIS IS NOW MY PUBLIC APPOLIGY TO CHRIS . LETS HOPE NOW THAT THIS SCENE CAN MOVE FORWARD AND PROMOTERS AND D.Js CAN GIVE EACH OTHER LOYALTY AND KILL THE SHAG YOU OVER VENUE POLICY , ITS GOOD TO VISIT ONE OR TWO VENUES IN ONE NIGHT BUT KEEP YOUR DISTANCES. WORK TOGETHER NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER . CHRIS WILL BE BACK THAT I HAVE NO DOUBT. MANY THANKS TO CHALKY AND DOOR STAFF AT LIFELINE FOR ALLOWING US TO SORT OUT OUR DIFFRENCIES.

K.T.F SWO :rolleyes:

I don't think this thread is a dig at you and Chris. Just promoter in general especially in close proximity. having a go at each other.

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

i've got to admit i find it fascinating reading some of the squabbles .... how ridiculous grown adults can behave.

Excactly.............in less than fifty years time our records will be worth nothing, so make the most of the sqaubbles and differentses.......keep the foking faith.

Edited by kid mohair
Social source share

Really dislike all this feuding business. Its so easy, if you don't like somewhere don't go there. Why do people get involved in threads for instance when they have no knowledge or interest in the venue. Should imagine it's pretty clear to most people on SS when someone with an agenda is posting within a thread just to cause mischief or to put a spoiler into play. Think it's a shame Mike or the other moderators have to waste their time dealing with the petty squabbles.

Winnie :-)

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

Excactly.............in less than fifty years time our records will be worth nothing, so make the most of the sqaubbles and differentses.......keep the foking faith.

hey up ill be 95 years old,hopefully there will be some left & the soul nights will come to us ,,,in our care homes lol

Social source share

Guest kid mohair

hey up ill be 95 years old,hopefully there will be some left & the soul nights will come to us ,,,in our care homes lol

:rolleyes: And i would be long gone by then, the thought of singing soul tunes in our zipped up slippers is enough for me............... :unsure:

Social source share

as a punter with no desire to d.j ,promote or collect thin discs of vinyl purchased at ridiculouse prices, have come to the conclusion that apart from a few rare folkn who do it out of love, the vast majority unfortunately do it for the money ,the root cause of evil .sad but true. and before I get pasted .how many of you would be prepared to run a venue at a loss week in an week out . how many djs would play for nowt.an how many dealers would sell their discs for a realistic not ridiculouse price .imho greed will kill our scene

we ran our own do, payed for the hall out of our pockets, gave free cd`s out on the door [of our own stuff] the dj`s we asked came and did it for nothing and ran it for nearly two years, never charged on the door, it was only due to the club closing that we stopped, never made a penny played underplayed 60`s r&b and rarities, we tried to promote the scene, although it was never a packer we had a regular crowd who supported us, we did it cause we wanted to give something back biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest swoz

Really dislike all this feuding business. Its so easy, if you don't like somewhere don't go there. Why do people get involved in threads for instance when they have no knowledge or interest in the venue. Should imagine it's pretty clear to most people on SS when someone with an agenda is posting within a thread just to cause mischief or to put a spoiler into play. Think it's a shame Mike or the other moderators have to waste their time dealing with the petty squabbles.

winnie

MY MESSAGE IS HOPEFULLY TO PUT AN END ,TO THOSE WHO PUT FUEL ON A ALLREADY BURNING INFERNO, I GAVE MY APPOLLIGY TO CHRIS , IN THE HOPE THAT WE CAN ALL MOVE ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS,FUNNY ALL OUR SONGS ARE BASSICALY ABOUT LOVE, SO WHY CAN'T WE LEARN FROM THE SONGS THAT WE LOVE AND LIVE IN HARMONY. THE STRANGE WORLD OF NORTHERN SOUL.

K.T.F SWO sleep3.gif

Social source share

Malc Burton

Its always been around but many did not know about them before the online/ wordwide forums...

Some folk are always gonna be like this and wash all the dirty laundry in public.. Have a bit of class wicked.gif ...

Yes there are many folk in disputes abouth this and that, most should be done between themselves in pms/emails.. If we all came on here to say really what we wanna say then they would have to bring out the national guard to keep the factions apart...

Don't despair, these people are a vocal minority... Toooooooooooo many good folk to let these clowns get you down...

Social source share

we ran our own do, payed for the hall out of our pockets, gave free cd`s out on the door [of our own stuff] the dj`s we asked came and did it for nothing and ran it for nearly two years, never charged on the door, it was only due to the club closing that we stopped, never made a penny played underplayed 60`s r&b and rarities, we tried to promote the scene, although it was never a packer we had a regular crowd who supported us, we did it cause we wanted to give something back biggrin.gif

you are one of them rare exceptions then mate ,all the best B

Social source share

Guest swoz

Its always been around but many did not know about them before the online/ wordwide forums...

Some folk are always gonna be like this and wash all the dirty laundry in public.. Have a bit of class wicked.gif ...

Yes there are many folk in disputes abouth this and that, most should be done between themselves in pms/emails.. If we all came on here to say really what we wanna say then they would have to bring out the national guard to keep the factions apart...

Don't despair, these people are a vocal minority... Toooooooooooo many good folk to let these clowns get you down...

STEVIE

DON'T YOU THINK THAT IF THESE CLOWNS DID'NT VOICE OUT THERE OPPINIONS AND THOUGHTS THEN THEY BECOME THE SUPPRESSED MINORITY. LOOK AT YOUR OWN HISTORY, NELSON MANDELLA, MARTIN LUTHER KING. MALCOM X EVEN OUR OWN MARVIN GAYE ALL HAD SOMETHING TO SAY. OUR HISTORY IS ALLSO STEEPED WITH PEOPLE WHO WASHED THEIR LINNEN IN PUBLIC GET REAL GUY. WHAT DO YOU WANT .TURN A BLIND EYE ON WHAT'S GOING ON . HITLER, SADAM, BIN LADEN.MUGABE. THESE ARE THE CLOWNS THAT GET YOU DOWN. THE CREATION OF THE NET IS SO THE WORLD'S CLOWNS CAN VOICE AN OPPINION. SORRY STEVIE ALLWAYS THOUGH YOU HAD GOOD THOUGHT'S . THIS ONE WAS NOT ONE OF YOUR BEST.

K.T.F SWO :D

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

STEVIE

DON'T YOU THINK THAT IF THESE CLOWNS DID'NT VOICE OUT THERE OPPINIONS AND THOUGHTS THEN THEY BECOME THE SUPPRESSED MINORITY. LOOK AT YOUR OWN HISTORY, NELSON MANDELLA, MARTIN LUTHER KING. MALCOM X EVEN OUR OWN MARVIN GAYE ALL HAD SOMETHING TO SAY. OUR HISTORY IS ALLSO STEEPED WITH PEOPLE WHO WASHED THEIR LINNEN IN PUBLIC GET REAL GUY. WHAT DO YOU WANT .TURN A BLIND EYE ON WHAT'S GOING ON . HITLER, SADAM, BIN LADEN.MUGABE. THESE ARE THE CLOWNS THAT GET YOU DOWN. THE CREATION OF THE NET IS SO THE WORLD'S CLOWNS CAN VOICE AN OPPINION. SORRY STEVIE ALLWAYS THOUGH YOU HAD GOOD THOUGHT'S . THIS ONE WAS NOT ONE OF YOUR BEST.

K.T.F SWO sleep3.gif

that has to be the most patronizing reply i have ever read on here, words fail me :D

Social source share

Guest rachel

that has to be the most patronizing reply i have ever read on here, words fail me no.gif

Indeed... and not quite sure what Swoz is trying to say, if it's that we should be welcoming these ridiculous bickering threads, well, read the first post on this thread, it's not what this forum is about.

Social source share

STEVIE

K.T.F SWO sleep3.gif

W T F are you on man?

"Look at your own history"... what do you mean by that?

Comparing your petty little whinges with the orations of great men, and your perceived unfair treatment to that dealt by dictators and terrorists beggars belief.

While we're about it, how about turning off your caps lock? And come to think of it, your life support too! Cu*t!

Edited by Dave
Social source share

STEVIE

K.T.F SWO sleep3.gif

Bit of self reflection on your post wouldn't go a miss.... especially the hightlighted bit done for you :D

Social source share

Indeed... and not quite sure what Swoz is trying to say, if it's that we should be welcoming these ridiculous bickering threads, well, read the first post on this thread, it's not what this forum is about.

I thought he was saying the opposite, in a cack-handed way

Social source share

winnie

MY MESSAGE IS HOPEFULLY TO PUT AN END ,TO THOSE WHO PUT FUEL ON A ALLREADY BURNING INFERNO, I GAVE MY APPOLLIGY TO CHRIS , IN THE HOPE THAT WE CAN ALL MOVE ON TO BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS,FUNNY ALL OUR SONGS ARE BASSICALY ABOUT LOVE, SO WHY CAN'T WE LEARN FROM THE SONGS THAT WE LOVE AND LIVE IN HARMONY. THE STRANGE WORLD OF NORTHERN SOUL.

K.T.F SWO sleep3.gif

===========

Have PM'd you

Social source share

I thought he was saying the opposite, in a cack-handed way

============

I'm sure he's trying to say via the examples Malcomn X etc is that if they hadn't spoken out then oppression would be even worse now, he's then, as far as I can make out, applying the 'speak out' principle to the northern scene if there has been perceived injustice?? So in effect he's saying we should have the bickering threads, to clear the air, I think.

Social source share

closed yet another "local" dispute thread

there's some promoters on here who do need to look at how they are using this site

idea is that you promote your own events on here in a sort of positive manner

rather than going around de-promoting others

wise up please

Looks like you will be closing this one too Mike with some comments and opinion which totally over step the mark, makes me ashamed to be party to certain aspects of this scene so much so I'm glad I've stepped back from it, it's a disgrace.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert